IRS admits to targeting Conservative groups

Because this would never happen if a republican was in office :sarcasm:. Politicians and their parties do anything to win by any means possible. This isn't surprising honestly. Oh but I forgot democrats don't pay taxes though har har har........

Um, it's never really happened period.

Of course everyone would agree that the IRS should not make a particularized effort to go after a series of organizations based on the political affiliation of those organizations.

That is not what happened here.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course everyone would agree that the IRS should not make a particularized effort to go after a series of organizations based on the political affiliation of those organizations.

Holy ostrich syndrome.

Reactions: 1 person

Ok so now you've got to be trolling. What a joke you've become.

Because this would never happen if a republican was in office :sarcasm:. Politicians and their parties do anything to win by any means possible. This isn't surprising honestly. Oh but I forgot democrats don't pay taxes though har har har........

How many of Obama's initial pile of cabinet douchenozzles owed back taxes? Even the few with jobs that require them to pay taxes skip out. No wonder they lobby for more taxes. Any percentage times O is ...

Huh?

So what happened? Clearly the words used for targeting are political terms.

The error, she said, was in assuming that any group with "tea party" or "patriot" in its name necessarily needed more scrutiny for political activity just because of its name. About 300 groups that had applied for tax-exempt status were put into a "bucket" of cases needing further scrutiny, and of those, about a quarter had tea party affiliations.

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

I don't see them doing the same for orgs using terms like "progress" or "progressive" which are likewise political terms.

That we know of. Maybe I'm a bit to cynical but I'd be very surprised if it hasn't happen at least once or twice before.

A IRS top level employee coming out an apologizing due to specific political groups being purposefully audited and chastised?

Nope, in fact, we actually know this has never happened.

Huh?

So what happened? Clearly the words used for targeting are political terms.

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

I don't see them doing the same for orgs using terms like "progress" or "progressive" which are likewise political terms.

They used those terms because of the explosion of these organizations raising money on things like Facebook, or having booths at Tea Party rallies.. and then no one knowing quite where the money went.

As I said, this is a common problem when there are issues out there that they know people get emotional about and donate, maybe not asking any of the questions they would of typical political or charitable organizations.

Again, the TPers ought to be glad that someone was looking out for them and their money, making sure that they were not defrauded by charlatans pretending to be part of the movement, who were just trying to make a buck.

They used those terms because of the explosion of these organizations raising money on things like Facebook, or having booths at Tea Party rallies.. and then no one knowing quite where the money went.

As I said, this is a common problem when there are issues out there that they know people get emotional about and donate, maybe not asking any of the questions they would of typical political or charitable organizations.

Again, the TPers ought to be glad that someone was looking out for them and their money, making sure that they were not defrauded by charlatans pretending to be part of the movement, who were just trying to make a buck.

What an effing joke...

I'm quite sure there was a similar "explosion" of orgs popping up that had terms like "progress" in them or other common D buzz terms yet we see no such scrutiny there.

Bottomline is that they used political terms as the profiling criteria so it was focused on politics.

This administration is more corrupt than Nixon and Kennedy combined. How is this not illegal?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm quite sure there was a similar "explosion" of orgs popping up that had terms like "progress" in them or other common D buzz terms yet we see no such scrutiny there.

Bottomline is that they used political terms as the profiling criteria so it was focused on politics.

Examples ?

Reactions: 2 people
By the way, in before some right wing ideologue GOP rep proposes a bill to do some pointless thing about this nonexistent problem. Flanked by all GOP POTUS hopefuls.

Reactions: 2 people
By the way, in before some right wing ideologue GOP rep proposes a bill to do some pointless thing about this nonexistent problem. Flanked by all GOP POTUS hopefuls.

sort of like when the democrats used the Sandy Hook tragedy to advance their anti-2nd amendment legislation?

damn, politicians engaging in....politics!!

oh noes

Well wtf do you think did happen in this instance? Would witch hunt be a better description?

How many of Obama's initial pile of cabinet douchenozzles owed back taxes? Even the few with jobs that require them to pay taxes skip out. No wonder they lobby for more taxes. Any percentage times O is ...

Don't forget about Charlie Rangel

They weren't just looking for money..... They were looking for contributors as well.....wonder why they were looking for them?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/EI3AZ3XHxx8[/youtube]

This just in, apparently the whole IRS targeting conservative groups is, you guessed it "Bush's fault"

VN Store

Back