Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl, Tennessee-Vanderbilt

"it's not meant anything to the winner or loser"

Really? Last year, it kept the loser out of a Bowl. This year, it will again keep the loser out of a Bowl, and the winner for selection. I'd say it means at least something. This is a big game.

It hasn't meant anything in terms of impacting the race in the SEC East is my point. Going to a lower tier bowl game is big.....I guess.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree .The way I see it we are 0-2. I think some have forgotten just how far we have fallen . This game means everything right now .

The game is important to help our fledgling program keep momentum going and get our young players extra practices and a bowl game. But like every single year we've played them for many, many, many decades, it means absolutely nothing to the race for a championship. It hasn't been a "rivalry game" since the early 1900s and the game on Saturday won't change that. We'll win and likely go to the Liberty or Belk Bowl, while Vandy does what they've done 90+% of the time since their existence....enjoy a losing, meaningless season and start their offseason "workouts".

The game doesn't deserve a name. It should be an automatic 3+ td blowout win for UT every single year.

Not sure why peple say it's not a rivalry.

If both sides really ****ing hate each other, it's a rivalry. I want Vandy to crash and burn while they wish the same to us. Besides we've barely beaten Florida in 25 years and that's still a rivalry.

Anyway, I'd just go Tennessee style and call it "The last Saturday blowout" similar to names for FL and Bama...

Not sure why peple say it's not a rivalry.

If both sides really ****ing hate each other, it's a rivalry. I want Vandy to crash and burn while they wish the same to us. Besides we've barely beaten Florida in 25 years and that's still a rivalry.

Anyway, I'd just go Tennessee style and call it "The last Saturday blowout" similar to names for FL and Bama...

For me it's because Vandy has historically been an afterthought to the season. Since 1926 UT has won about 80% of the time and the game has no consequence on the SEC East race to see who's gonna play for the SEC Championship. I'm certain we are Vandy's rival but I don't think they are one of ours.

Mississippi and Mississippi State play for The Golden Egg Trophy in the Egg bowl.
Alabama and Auburn battle in the Iron Bowl for the Foy-ODK Sportsmanship Trophy.

Do you think the Tennessee-Vanderbilt game should have a name for their in-state rivalry?
What would you name the game and the trophy?

Some of us try to forget they are even considered a rival. I'm also glad the whole Kentucky thing died to. Neither one of them are teams we should be focused on other than making sure we whip their butt's in November to close out an East win.

VN Store

Back