Iran

Israel has a robust domestic MIC.

Now, they get plenty from us too… But let’s not pretend they’d be reduced to Knives & Sharp Sticks if that were to dry up.
heck they modify their F-35s as well..only nation allowed to. wonder what secret sauce they have.

I thought Obama, Biden Democrats, and many on this board said they were only pursuing nuclear technology for energy purposes.
Aren’t they? I mean….surely, with those billions of $$$ we should have never given them…. they wouldn’t use it for nefarious purposes, would they?? Nah. C’mon.

true, those Iranian drones and cruise missiles are top of the line. they proved themselves just the other day.
I wish I could find the video of the Jordanian pilot again.
It’s clearly been taken down, but the pilot being disappointed when he ran out of drones to shoot down and saying “aaawwww” in sadness may be the best video I’ve ever seen

Not surprised. The left wants to tear this place down. The left today are not your classic liberals.

Haven’t looked, but I would guess Iranian State run media is saying the attack was a wild success. Can’t let your people know 300 drones, cruise and ballistic missles were easily relegated to duds.

Haven’t looked, but I would guess Iranian State run media is saying the attack was a wild success. Can’t let your people know 300 drones, cruise and ballistic missles were easily relegated to duds.
I’m still of the belief that it was a trial run. Iran, China, and Russia now know how we would defend against incoming attacks. I have a feeling that when Iran calls it a success, that in that scenario it is.

They regularly take our weapons and make them better.
They mod the hell out of our stuff to suit their own needs and requirements.

Especially from a sensors and systems perspective.

See it a lot with US fighter aircraft. Every US plane has an Israeli “I” variant, often loaded out with domestic weapons.

Honestly it seems like Iran was trying to save face by showing they will "retaliate" without hesitation, knowing full well that the paltry attack would be 99% ineffective, and minimize the risk of further escalation. Seriously those drones looked like they were going slower than @McDad drives without his glasses.

Honestly it seems like Iran was trying to save face by showing they will "retaliate" without hesitation, knowing full well that the paltry attack would be 99% ineffective, and minimize the risk of further escalation. Seriously those drones looked like they were going slower than @McDad drives without his glasses.
mr-magoo-drive.gif

That's really just a bs total number. Why are you counting sanctions? What right or reason do we have to sanction their exports?
What right or reason do we have to sanction other nation states?

Biden Democrats eased sanctions, which is their prerogative - it yielded an incremental $80B for the Iranians.

Money they would not have had otherwise.
Which I believe is the point of the tweet.

What right or reason do we have to sanction other nation states?

Biden Democrats eased sanctions, which is their prerogative - it yielded an incremental $80B for the Iranians.

Money they would not have had otherwise.
Which I believe is the point of the tweet.
I don't see the reason which is why I asked. Not with our shortsighted foreign policy.

Money received from removing punitive measures seems an odd way to claim he's funding them and it really doesn't meet the definition of "unfrozen" which was the emphasis of the tweet

I don't see the reason which is why I asked. Not with our shortsighted foreign policy.

Money received from removing punitive measures seems an odd way to claim he's funding them and it really doesn't meet the definition of "unfrozen" which was the emphasis of the tweet
Certainly wouldn’t meet the definition of “unfrozen”.

I took the tweet as an accounting of actions taken that increased the coffers of the Iranian regime.

Biden Democrats eased sanctions.
The effect of that action was a deluge of income the Iranians weren’t getting prior.

He could have worded it better. But the effects of the actions are pretty clear.

Israel seems intent. Only question remaining is the scope of the response and does it set off a tit for tat into the foreseeable future?

VN Store

Back