Iran

Agree. Israel is perfectly capable of destroying Iran's navy and air force very quickly. Then, destroying their nuclear facilities, missile facilities, and drone facilities. This won't take long. The other thing is though is what does Hezbollah to the north do? I would say that Iran would turn them loose then, and that would be the end of Hezbollah eventually.
If Israel did what Israel COULD do, it would turn your hair white, your teeth curly and make the world gasp. And that’s probably without nukes. Iran wants no part of the full ire and focus of Israel. Hezbollah would s**t their pants at the prospect of being next. Not saying that’s where things need to go, because hopefully they don’t.

If Israel did what Israel COULD do, it would turn your hair white, your teeth curly and make the world gasp. And that’s probably without nukes. Iran wants no part of the full ire and focus of Israel. Hezbollah would s**t their pants at the prospect of being next. Not saying that’s where things need to go, because hopefully they don’t.
you are a pilot and wanted your opinion..IMO Israel has a range issue in striking Iran..they have a tiny tanker fleet, no bombers , and hauling 2K pounders that far with tactical aircraft isnt easy.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
you are a pilot and wanted your opinion..IMO Israel has a range issue in striking Iran..they have a tiny tanker fleet, no bombers , and hauling 2K pounders that far with tactical aircraft isnt easy.
Well, I’m not former military, so my perspective is from military friends I work with and the few people I’ve been friends with along the way that were once in the IDF. My guess is Israel is completely aware of their limitations, have run exercises continuously, down to the last detail, to adjust for those limitations and know exactly how they have to execute. I would think their tanker fleet and how they use them is sufficient enough to bring fighters/attack aircraft home. They would have to have that already figured out.

That’s just it, with their version of the MOAB they don’t really need the nukes to erase entire cities.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Well, I’m not former military, so my perspective is from military friends I work with and the few people I’ve been friends with along the way that were once in the IDF. My guess is Israel is completely aware of their limitations, have run exercises continuously, down to the last detail, to adjust for those limitations and know exactly how they have to execute. I would think their tanker fleet and how they use them is sufficient enough to bring fighters/attack aircraft home. They would have to have that already figured out.
if any nation can successfully plan and execute, it is them

That’s just it, with their version of the MOAB they don’t really need the nukes to erase entire cities.
like the Fat Electrician video intimated, we meant to just blow up an Iran oil platform and nearly destroyed their entire Navy on accident. I don't think IDF would have much trouble ripping Iran a new one. However the political and non political fallout in region would likely be long term if not careful.

If they want to hurt Iran, hit their pipelines and export facilities..soft and easy, limited collateral.
Good thing Biden refilled our Strategic Reserves..

Reactions: 85SugarVol
If they want to hurt Iran, hit their pipelines and export facilities..soft and easy, limited collateral.
Good thing Biden refilled our Strategic Reserves..
They do that and then China is getting involved and we for sure have WW3. Slice is right. The group making the battle plans for Israel is showing that this is far from over and most likely going to escalate.

Oh stop. Their only advantage is their nukes and US arms. They got their cheeks clapped in 2006 fighting Hezbollah. They can't fight them conventionally. They will just bomb the s#!t out of Lebanon and end up getting what we see in Gaza and in Yemen. A whole lot of buildings bombed out and civilians likely killed, but Hamas, The Houthis and Hezbollah will still be there.

Oh stop. Their only advantage is their nukes and US arms. They got their cheeks clapped in 2006 fighting Hezbollah. They can't fight them conventionally. They will just bomb the s#!t out of Lebanon and end up getting what we see in Gaza and in Yemen. A whole lot of buildings bombed out and civilians likely killed, but Hamas, The Houthis and Hezbollah will still be there.
How many Hamas fighters have been killed by your count? You figure 6 or 7?

If by conventional you mean Hezbollah hiding behind civilians and such, then I agree. Hamas was probably banking on the IDF showing restraint and using the same tactics, again. Not so much anymore.

@85SugarVol i read earlier today that SM-3 did indeed successfully intercept one of the Iranian ballistic missiles as well as Patriot took one out in northern Iraq. Same article said two F-15 squadrons took out 80 of the slow moving drones. They don’t carry enough missiles to down 80 drones so that’s gotta be largely gun kills. I’ll bet the pilots had a blast doing that turkey shoot 😂

That would be so fun. Slow moving drones plodding along...no way they give those guys full credit for air-to-air kills or make them Aces after 3 kills right? Dont think that would be fair to the aces from years past that only shot down other pilots. It sucks shooting down $10k turkish drones with $200,000 air to air-to-air missiles on our collective dime, but its money well spent IMO.

I saw a military analyst on Fox describe the layered SAM system protecting Israel right now...and its again the best protected place on Earth. Patriot missile batteries that murder drones but he said only 50/50 or a little better on cruise missiles. Then the Iron Dome which eats drones and is ~90% on cruise missiles....then he said the Davids Sling system since 2012 for rockets and cruise missiles i think he said about 80 or 85% effective (it covers all of Israel too) and the best was the Sparrow system which he said was 98 to 99% effective as the last layer if needed. The fire control network for all those systems must be incredible. I don't know if all 4 are 100% integrated...but he did say that their collective power made Israel able to decide which type of SAM to use for each individual target. Hopefully some genius wrote code to make em work seamlessly together. Anyway...I read this morning that about 320 total weapons were sent towards Isreal and only 7 got through to impact. That's 98% kill rate for the good guys. Will take that any day.

Edit: ND he wasn't talking about wing mounted Sparrow air to air missiles was he? It seemed like he was talking about another layer of SAMs...not old school short/medium range A2A missiles on fighters? Would they use sparrows instead of the sidewinders/AMRAAMs? Maybe the Sparrows are cheaper or more plentiful...or they figured on short range/maybe off boresight kills over Israel as opposed to trying to take em down over Jordan/Northern SA before they crossed the eastern border of Israel from greater range?

Last edited:
@85SugarVol i read earlier today that SM-3 did indeed successfully intercept one of the Iranian ballistic missiles as well as Patriot took one out in northern Iraq. Same article said two F-15 squadrons took out 80 of the slow moving drones. They don’t carry enough missiles to down 80 drones so that’s gotta be largely gun kills. I’ll bet the pilots had a blast doing that turkey shoot 😂
Oh ya!

Strike Eagles went on a turkey shoot last night vs those lawnmower drones and Soviet era cruise missiles

And according to reports they were Strike Eagles - so definitely not loaded out with Sidewinders & AMRAAM.

Likely gun runs all night. Those barrels were glowing lol.

Good to get some real-world live fire reps for SM-3. Even if against crappy Iranian MRBMs - well worth the cost to get her live reps.
Just be judicious with her going forward, she’s an expensive date lol.

They do that and then China is getting involved and we for sure have WW3. Slice is right. The group making the battle plans for Israel is showing that this is far from over and most likely going to escalate.
That's why I asked if Isreal agreed that Iran's incompetence was enough of an embarrassment. Of course it doesn't. They are tired of this crap. This could get very real, and I hope that we are able to leave the ME alone to figure this is out (and that China doesn't get frisky).

Like I said, let’s absolutely turn them lose.
Don’t cry and bitch about what happens next.

Exactly. They will beat the dogsheit out of anyone in the sandbox without us lifting a finger. They have proven this time and again. The 6 day war was just as epic as the Spartans at Thermopylae.

I agree with you on this. If we fund/aid you, you need to do WTF we tell you to do.

I agree with this in pretty much every situation except Israel. They have been attacked so many times by their muslim neighbors...who have them completely surrounded 24/7/365. Their entire existence is on high alert and their citizens run to bomb shelters regularly in day to day life. If they feel the need to adjust somebody's attitude then thats on them. They don't pull punches. It has worked very well for them ... the evidence is that they're still alive.

VN Store

Back