iPhone

I use the 12c daily just not sure how often I would use it on my phone.... probably more often than I think.
It's simply a better calc. Stacks are visible at all times and you can email results from the application.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

my BB allows me to surf the net, play games, etc. while Pandora is running in the background
that's because the blackberry can run multiple apps at the same time. The iphone will only run one app at a time. Apple made the choice to make sure that every app runs at maximum speed. RIM made the choice that you would be able to use google maps and message someone at the same time without closing one or the other and starting over again.

Anyone got any new apps you like?

Here's a few of mine:

Around Me - Using GPS it identifies pretty much everything around you business wise.

AT&T Navigator - Turn-by-turn voice directions, auto recalculation of route if you make a wrong turn. All the features of a full size GPS with iPhone portability. The app is free but the service is $10 a month. Definitely worth it to me being in a new area.

ESPN Scorecenter - Quick, easy way to get all your scores in one place.

If Found - App that lets you put a contact # and / or email address on your background in case you lose the phone.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations on Bluetooth stereo headphones? I'm looking at the Motorola S9-HD and the JayBird JB200 models to start.

I didn't get it yet, but most folks at work use the Jawbone, and that's what the store recomeneded

Twittelator
Sportacular
iFitness

Twittelator is the best twitter app out there. I've used Twitterific and Twitterfon. The graphics and features are worth the $1.99 or whatever it is. Sportacular (free) is good to keep up with scores and you can add fantasy teams. iFitness is the best workout app I've found, and I think it's $1.99.

Freak, is there a VolNation app? I thought I remember there being one, but I couldn't find it.

I actually paid 25 for the HP 12, but I've been using one for years and finance is essentially what I do. Also have to have RPN. Never have to carry my calc anywhere, but use one much less than I used to.

NERD!!!!! the ti ba II is a superior calculator and has none of that stupid inverse adding crap.

NERD!!!!! the ti ba II is a superior calculator and has none of that stupid inverse adding crap.

Get off me. I HAD to have a HP 15C programmable engineering calc in college. No options. Once an RPN type using stacks, there is no going back.

Twittelator
Sportacular
iFitness

Twittelator is the best twitter app out there. I've used Twitterific and Twitterfon. The graphics and features are worth the $1.99 or whatever it is. Sportacular (free) is good to keep up with scores and you can add fantasy teams. iFitness is the best workout app I've found, and I think it's $1.99.

Freak, is there a VolNation app? I thought I remember there being one, but I couldn't find it.

Yeah freak where is the volnation app? Coming soon?

Twittelator
Sportacular
iFitness

I agree about Twittelator. It's the twitter app I personally use most of the time.

As for the Volnation app, I'd love to have one but unfortunately, I don't have the time to learn iphone programming. If anyone knows someone that is capable, I'd be happy to hire them to produce one.

FYI The latest update is available today and includes picture texting capabilities.

btw..you need to restart your phone to complete the upgrade.

If you want an easy, free way to keep your iPhone calendar "air" synced with a web based calendar (that can also be synced with other calendars) consider using the Yahoo calendar. Click here for directions. You can also make your calendar items private or shared.

I'm still playing around with it but there's no additional app to download since it works with the iPhone calendar. You can also sync your yahoo address book as well.

If you want an easy, free way to keep your iPhone calendar "air" synced with a web based calendar (that can also be synced with other calendars) consider using the Yahoo calendar. Click here for directions. You can also make your calendar items private or shared.

I'm still playing around with it but there's no additional app to download since it works with the iPhone calendar. You can also sync your yahoo address book as well.

I think you can also do the same with gmail... which seems to be more widely used. From my understand gmail is pretty much setup like an exchange server for push email, calendar and contact sync.

There's a new SEC Sports app out that looks promising.

Saw that, isn't it kind of expensive though?

iPhone is coming to Vodaphone in UK. Verizon owns about 20% of Vodaphone. It will also be coming to two other carriers in the UK. It was originally carried by one carrier (can't remember the name) in the UK. Rumors are building more and more that Verizon will get it Q1 of 2010.

I think you can also do the same with gmail... which seems to be more widely used. From my understand gmail is pretty much setup like an exchange server for push email, calendar and contact sync.

Saw that, isn't it kind of expensive though?

I'll have to look into the gmail. The yahoo calendar will automatically synch as well.

The SEC app is .99, so not bad.

iPhone is coming to Vodaphone in UK. Verizon owns about 20% of Vodaphone. It will also be coming to two other carriers in the UK. It was originally carried by one carrier (can't remember the name) in the UK. Rumors are building more and more that Verizon will get it Q1 of 2010.
if it comes to verizon we will probably drop tmobile.

I want the iPhone so bad. If it comes to Verizon I will probably camp out over night...ok not really, but I really want the iPhone.:)

VN Store

Back