iPhone

And I'm completely ignorant to the tech of wireless charging, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. What if you spill something on the pad?

It's just inductive charging. It uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects through electromagnetic induction. Energy is sent through an inductive coupling to an electrical device, which can then use that energy to charge batteries or run the device. It's actually been around for quite a while. Some Sonicare model toothbrushes for instance use wireless charging. You put it on a base but there is no metal to metal contact. I'd imagine it's a slower charging process compared to direct wire.

And I'm completely ignorant to the tech of wireless charging, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. What if you spill something on the pad?

It’s more or less just a plastic pad with the charging tech inside. I would imagine it’s somewhat resistant to a spill if cleaned it promptly.

I’m digging the new ‘Do not disturb while driving’ feature. I’ll admit I have a bad habit of picking up my phone at red lights. Partial lock out reminds me to put it back down. Only complaint would be when I want to change the music/pod playing from my phone. You can always click “I’m not driving” and get in but then you have to manually turn DND back on. I add it a little easier by adding it to the control center.

Also like the customization to control center. Long over due.

Aside from the brightness, is the OLED going to be noticeably better quality that the Retina? When Apple marketed the Retina they specifically called it that because they said it's the most pixels perceptible to the human eye.

It’s more or less just a plastic pad with the charging tech inside. I would imagine it’s somewhat resistant to a spill if cleaned it promptly.

This. I have a Samsung wireless charging pad and the charging components are inside. It's probably never good to spill on electronics, but I doubt it would cause any harm.

Just curious, if you bought an Apple device online could the apple store or someone else verify it's original glass and authenticity?

Are there benchmark tests/websites for Apple devices?

Picked up the 8 plus this weekend. Had the choice between it and the X. The X, to me, looks cheaper. Something about the chrome around the edges and the camera turned on it’s side just looks off. I went with the silver, which looks white, and I really like it.

I've gone Linux and android but have an iPad that I'll use until it dies and gets replaced, but I was a long time iPhone user. Some of my favorites:

Dolphin browser
Downcast for podcasts
AVPlayerHD
Drudge
Feedly
The Weather Channel
Dropbox
Goodreader
TeamViewer

My wife got me some AirPods so now I can be cool. Is there a charging mat type device I I can put on my nightstand that I can set my phone and the pod case on to charge? The mag safe one is kind of small and for the price isn’t worth it over just plugging them in

VN Store

Back