iPhone

I'm actually more interested in a watch for the first time. My wife got one a few months ago and loves it. I just haven't been Le to justify it but it would be nice to leave the phone behind sometimes without completely going off the grid LOL.

But how would you access VolNation?

😎

I have two phones. I’m going to give the X a shot to be my main phone but I’ll probably use the S8+ as my other line. The S8+ is a really good phone (Best on the market right now imo) and the screen is fantastic. But I always get sucked in by the lure of a new iPhone. Lol.

I’m kind of a phone nerd. It’s sort of a hobby for me.

expensive hobby, maybe worse than golf

Updated to iOS 11 last night. I like the new control center and the little UI tweaks across the stock apps. Screen Cap instant markup feature is neat (caught me by surprise first one I took). Other than that not a drastic change on the phone.

Anyone update an iPad yet? iOS 11 has me wanting to get the new 10.5” Pro.

I'm not one to always get the latest and greatest phone. Especially now w Verizons new plans which don't subsidize phones, I'm inclined to hold on to mine for as long as I can. I'm concerned that the new iphone doesn't have capability for gigabit LTE while many other phone makers do. What's the deal w that?

My wife keeps asking why the X? Basically this is why.

I’m definitely the type who is the target market for the X. The 8 just isn’t much of an upgrade from the 7. I can’t even tell you what its main selling point is. I’d rather spend the little extra and get the more cutting-edge features of the X. Otherwise, I would have skipped upgrading this year and held on to my 7.

Also, the 7/8 is a little small and the Plus is too big. I think the X may be the sweetspot in that regard. For me, anyway.

I'm not one to always get the latest and greatest phone. Especially now w Verizons new plans which don't subsidize phones, I'm inclined to hold on to mine for as long as I can. I'm concerned that the new iphone doesn't have capability for gigabit LTE while many other phone makers do. What's the deal w that?

It definitely would look nice on the spec sheet. But how real world is gigabit LTE?

It seems like the only real advantage would be for downloading huge files, which I’m not sure how many folks do on their phones.

In reality, in most areas, mobile carriers aren’t anywhere near max speeds of current standards.

But for the price, I’m surprised the X didn’t include it.

It definitely would look nice on the spec sheet. But how real world is gigabit LTE?

It seems like the only real advantage would be for downloading huge files, which I’m not sure how many folks do on their phones.

In reality, in most areas, mobile carriers aren’t anywhere near max speeds of current standards.

But for the price, I’m surprised the X didn’t include it.

What about loading VN gif threads?

For the police, unlocking your iPhone X could be the same as taking your mugshot, thanks to Face ID.

One of the marquee features of Apple's latest flagship phone, Face ID uses multiple scanners for facial recognition. That's great for preventing people from snooping, but as its Touch ID counterpart has shown, biometric technology doesn't hold up in court as well as an old-fashioned password.

In trials, judges have ruled that people need to give up their fingerprints to unlock their iPhones via Touch ID. Now Face ID will face the same legal vulnerability.

So it's important to note that as secure as Apple has made Face ID, you'll want to consider a simple password to defend yourself against both hackers and the authorities. That's because unlike passwords, biometrics like facial and fingerprint recognition aren't protected by the US Constitution.

https://www.cnet.com/news/face-id-c...042886574915103049531917249&i10c.encReferrer=

I’m definitely the type who is the target market for the X. The 8 just isn’t much of an upgrade from the 7. I can’t even tell you what its main selling point is. I’d rather spend the little extra and get the more cutting-edge features of the X. Otherwise, I would have skipped upgrading this year and held on to my 7.

Also, the 7/8 is a little small and the Plus is too big. I think the X may be the sweetspot in that regard. For me, anyway.

I agree about the 8 not seeming like a very big upgrade. They really should have just done a 7s/7s+ and the X. Then the next phone could have been an 8.

I agree about the 8 not seeming like a very big upgrade. They really should have just done a 7s/7s+ and the X. Then the next phone could have been an 8.

What I heard is they were going to use the X because of the 10 year anniversary. So jumping to the 8 I'm sure was due to wireless charging and some other things. Folks love model numbers.

What I heard is they were going to use the X because of the 10 year anniversary. So jumping to the 8 I'm sure was due to wireless charging and some other things. Folks love model numbers.

Yea I get the X/10 year thing. I just don't see the real difference in a 7 vs an 8. Other than "wireless charging", which still requires plugging something into the wall....

Seriously, what is all the rage about wireless charge?

Yea I get the X/10 year thing. I just don't see the real difference in a 7 vs an 8. Other than "wireless charging", which still requires plugging something into the wall....

Apple cables notorious for splitting. This will help.

At the end of the day it’s hard for me to pass up the samsung note 8 with a stylus and free charging pad and 128gb card vs iphone x 256gb that doesn’t even come with free AirPods. Love iOS though. I’m in a bit of a pickle on what to do.

I don’t get it either. You can’t even hold your phone to use it while it charges sitting on a little pad. Plus it’s not as fast. Definitely not a selling point for me.

When they figure out true witreless charging over the air I’ll buy in.

Apple cables notorious for splitting. This will help.

I’ve never really had a problem with Apple cables breaking. I did purchase a pack of 10 cheap lighting cables on eBay for around $7. You can tell they aren’t as sturdy for the long haul with 10 I’ve got plenty of back ups.

I don’t get it either. You can’t even hold your phone to use it while it charges sitting on a little pad. Plus it’s not as fast. Definitely not a selling point for me.

When they figure out true witreless charging over the air I’ll buy in.

Exactly. Wireless charging is dumb right now. There's no benefit over standard charging. It's just gimmicky.

Exactly. Wireless charging is dumb right now. There's no benefit over standard charging. It's just gimmicky.

And I'm completely ignorant to the tech of wireless charging, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. What if you spill something on the pad?

Still have a 6plus. Wish it had the newer cameras but otherwise I'm probably not upgrading unless some smoking deal comes along to do it hella cheap. Have a single large crack in the screen that isn't worth fixing but kills my trade value.

My 6+ has recently come down with Touch Disease. Too many normal use drops and internal connections with widgets that control touch screen are shorting. Have to take it out of the case and hold it just right to get it to work. Otherwise, have to use Siri to do anything. So for that reason, I'm considering the 8+.

VN Store

Back