iPhone X

A friend from college (fellow gEEk at UT) now working at Apple had his two weeks ago when I saw him in CA. He liked it. Looked cool.

I've got 2 coming for my wife and me. I like the smaller size/larger screen.

I love my samsung, it's nice to add cards to and then to your computer without having to download iPhone program. I don't need a 1000 phone to talk, text, and listen to music. I'd rather use that money for speakers.

I love my samsung, it's nice to add cards to and then to your computer without having to download iPhone program. I don't need a 1000 phone to talk, text, and listen to music. I'd rather use that money for speakers.

Cards? What are you talking about? Like SD Cards?

Nobody uses cards to transfer music anymore. Bluetooth Pandora, Youtube, Amazon music prime, Iheart radio, etc.

You don't back up your phone data?

iCloud keeps all my contacts and stuff. I do occasionally off load my pictures to my computer but you don’t need iTunes for that. Photostream will also protect your last 1000 pics but you could, and I have at times, use Dropbox to auto upload your pics. All my music is in iTunes Match so not sweating that either (technically I guess you need iTunes for that but there are other options through Amazon or Google that offer a similar service one could use) My messages are also on my Mac IF I really needed to refer back to them. All apps can be redownloaded again from the App Store and it would almost be an excuse to only grab the ones I actually use if I have to start from scratch.

So yeah... there really is no need to sync with iTunes.

Mine has shipped and arrives tomorrow via UPS.

So yeah... there really is no need to sync with iTunes.

I am with you. iCloud backs up phone every night if it is plugged in. I will do a manual backup to iTunes tonight, though, as iCloud does not store passwords.

I've got 2 coming for my wife and me. I like the smaller size/larger screen.

Yeah that’s one of the things I liked about the S8+ was it wasn’t too wide, like I think the iPhone plus is.

The X is roughly the same width as the S8+

Android has a lot of nice features. It’s not difficult to use.

I was strolling around BestBuy yesterday and picked up some sort of Samsung phone. Some Note model I believe. I sat it right back down after about 15 seconds lol.

I gave in and preordered black 256 gb from Verizon. Get it December 13 :(. It’s cool way how it’s almost the same size as the 8!but the screen is bigger then the plus

Got mine today. So far I like it. I got used to no home button faster than I thought. The new screen (OLED) is much better than the iPhone 7+. And the size is almost perfect. I'd prefer a little wider but that's just being picky with my big hands.

Got mine today. So far I like it. I got used to no home button faster than I thought. The new screen (OLED) is much better than the iPhone 7+. And the size is almost perfect. I'd prefer a little wider but that's just being picky with my big hands.

How well does the facial recognition work for unlocking the phone? I have a 6S, and I’m very used to the thumb print. I’m worried that the facial recognition won’t work without enough light. I got a new battery in mine about a year ago for free due to a recall. I’m interested in the X, but I’m not dying to get it just yet.

VN Store

Back