Interesting VT 2016 Preview

If we don't curb stomp them I'll burn my hotel mattress and be screaming fire Butch!😜

Well, if you enjoyed all that sunshine in 2015, I've got great news for you in 2016! :)

Yeah, VolNation loves to predict National Championships before the season begins and coach firings in the middle of it. I'm sure some form of this exists in all schools, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that our brand of crazy is particularly strong. But one thing is for sure; the level of excitement next season will be off the charts!

When is the last season that we were predicting a national championship? Not last year, when folks were saying somewhere between 7-5 and 9-3. The year before? The one before that?

Reactions: 2 people
I like this, but unfortunately I think we will beat VT down on a national stage similar to Iowa and Northwestern (two teams that are/were much more talented than the Hokies). My score prediction is 45-13.

edit: I think with time their new staff will get things in order, but asking for them to compete with our Vols in year one is absurd. #ThereWillBeBlood

I promise you VT has many more athletes than either Northwestern or Iowa. They recruit the Tidewater area very well and that area is rich in talented athletes... Not saying VT is necessarily a better team than NU or Iowa, they just have better athletes.

I think VT could be a pretty good team by season's end but its hard to believe that they will be comfortable with the new schemes by the 2nd game of the season, especially on as big a stage as our game will be.

I promise you VT has many more athletes than either Northwestern or Iowa. They recruit the Tidewater area very well and that area is rich in talented athletes... Not saying VT is necessarily a better team than NU or Iowa, they just have better athletes.

I'll say this, VT's athletes were developed in Beamers system. Very few freshman had ever come in and start for VT under Beamer. Beamer is gone, all of these guys are learning a new system and there is some tension in the staff (bud foster vs new staff).

Pain for VT crew........Barnett....Kongbo....Shy....KMac. Who wants some of that?

The burgundy gobblers will be sent to the woodshed early.

I see what you did there.

You beat me too it.:lolabove:
I was going to say, That's the reason for the comment about two drunks slugging it out in the infield.

VT should feel good if we beat them by anything less than 28. Let's be real.

Obviously written by someone who knows little more about football than that's played with an oblong ball.

VT's recruiting was way down this year. I'm talking Vandy-esque. They signed one four star. Their previous three classes were better, but the highest was #21 nationally.

How different are the Beamer and Fuente systems?

they're predicting a 6-6 finish for VT, and i'm supposed to be worried because they haven't been paying attention?

i fully expect a beat down. this game shouldn't be that close.

Reactions: 1 person
I personally hope we beat them by 50. Born and raised in VA but grew up loving the Vols. VT fans were hard to find until Vick. I still live in VA but commute to TN for work everyday(15 minute drive).I absolutely cannot wait until we beat them I have heard about the Chik-fil-a Bowl for too long!!

This one will look very similar to what we did to purple vandy. Might be 24-13 at half but will be 51-23 at best by games end.

Do not think their offense matches up well with our D. They still have a reasonable defense and special teams should carry over from Beamer Ball. Fairly close until the middle of the 3rd qtr. but UT pulls away 31-10.

Do not think their offense matches up well with our D. They still have a reasonable defense and special teams should carry over from Beamer Ball. Fairly close until the middle of the 3rd qtr. but UT pulls away 31-10.

Giving them way too much credit imo. This is more with the its over by halftime type of game.

Vols are on a mission this season and VT will be collateral damage in order for them to reach their goals of titles, hard wear, jewelry, and legacy. :rock:

VT lost their 3 best players on a pretty bad defense, that got run on all year especially by mobile qbs, and Nathan Peterman. Luther Madi, Dadi Nicholas and Fuller are all gone, and they also will be breaking in a new qb against our defense. Their offensive line gives up a ton of sacks too. That preview obviously was written by a huge VT homer. They'll be lucky to win 6. Like I said they're in a total rebuild and the talent gap between UT and VT is not even close. We have an advantage in every facet of this game. I think this is a blowout. Hell they gave up 52 points to Tulsa and should've lost,and that 52 came with all their best players on defense.

Wth? Tennessee should be a double digit favorite IMO. VT was 7-6 with an ACC schedule last year....last 3 recruiting classes #49, #24, #25....new coaching staff....playing a top 10 team in Tennessee. Tiny edge my ass....38-13 Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
Epic beatdown coming. Bring your telescope.

fyp. :p

Screenshot2013-10-10at11.10.15AM_crop_north.png

Gosh. What a sight it will be though! That's a lot of humanity.
bristol-motor-speedway.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
VT is in over their head at the B@B. It's gonna get ugly quick. Could easily wreak their season. I don't feel bad at all for them.

Win em all.

Go Vols!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back