Interesting Development in Repeal Obamacare Storyline

My mistake. I realized you were saying the increase was higher under Reagan, but I was confused by something you said in the next post. I thought you said debt was a bigger problem under Reagan, in comparison to Obama but you were saying in comparison to when Reagan entered office.

Civility is so refreshing.

Thanks for all the great info. I do actually like real information, even when it doesn't support my preconceived notions.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why we are even talking about this now that Trump won and did some executive orders in crayon. Haven't we been assured by him that Dear Leader has this all under control?

The GOP is a bunch of gutless f**s...... they're all fluff. Obamacare will most likely live on

This Is What Trump Could Do to Obamacare With an Executive Order - Bloomberg

“Obamacare is so screwed up and so expensive, and it’s especially bad for people who don’t get subsidies. This gives them an alternative,” said Robert Laszewski, president of the Health Policy and Strategy Associates, a consulting firm specializing in assisting insurance companies and other clients through health policy changes.

The pending executive order is Trump’s latest attempt to follow through on his campaign pledge to get rid of his predecessor’s landmark bill. Last week, the president signed an order that stopped requiring many employers to offer birth-control coverage, saying it would protect Americans’ religious freedom.

Associations likely wouldn’t be required to sell to people with pre-existing health conditions and wouldn’t be required to offer 10 essential benefits set forth by Obamacare, Brookings Institute analyst Matt Fiedler said Monday. These benefits include pregnancy and newborn care, hospitalization, mental health and substance-abuse services and rehabilitation.

Fiedler said the damage to the individual insurance market would be “quite significant” because healthier people would seek cheaper coverage through associations, driving up premiums in the Obamacare market.

Well, what they have done is cut funding for advertising for the upcoming enrollment period by 90 %, then arranged for the enrollment website to be "down for maintenance" every Sunday for 12 hours, which is the day most people use to navigate it.

Interesting that Trump and the GOP claim to be open to reform to help the American people get good healthcare, but then fail to pass anything and then literally strangle the ACA to try to make it worse for everyone than it already is.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, what they have done is cut funding for advertising for the upcoming enrollment period by 90 %, then arranged for the enrollment website to be "down for maintenance" every Sunday for 12 hours, which is the day most people use to navigate it.

Interesting that Trump and the GOP claim to be open to reform to help the American people get good healthcare, but then fail to pass anything and then literally strangle the ACA to try to make it worse for everyone than it already is.

It's going to go down in a blaze. Trump is putting their feet to the fire. The GOP will be compelled to act. Hopefully he rescinds Congress' exemption too.

Don’t sit there and complain. Grab a mop and help clean this crap up.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Do the Bubbas of America REALLY think that Trump or the GOP care about improving health care in this country? Don't make me laugh. Trump yelled about repealing Obamacare during the campaign because Republicans had been yelling about it for years--and the only reason they were faux hysterical about it was that it was a Democratic/government program, and for that reason it needed to be killed--despite the fact that 20 million people signed up for it, many of them the poor white folk who are Trump's base. Trump doesn't know anything about anything--he just wants to repeal the ACA so he can claim a "win" and try to BS his base into believing he's a winner, because right now he's a loser. He'll agree to anything that enables him to keep proclaiming how successful he is--you know, the same way he starts every speech. There's never been a bigger loser in the White House than Trump.

As for the GOP, they CAN'T improve health care in America--lower costs, broaden insurance coverage--because that will require government efforts and government money, and that is anathema to them. This is why they've thrice tried to quickly and dishonestly push terrible replacement bills forward for a vote with no discussion and no amendments. A cowardly, ridiculous bunch.

Do the Bubbas of America REALLY think that Trump or the GOP care about improving health care in this country? Don't make me laugh. Trump yelled about repealing Obamacare during the campaign because Republicans had been yelling about it for years--and the only reason they were faux hysterical about it was that it was a Democratic/government program, and for that reason it needed to be killed--despite the fact that 20 million people signed up for it, many of them the poor white folk who are Trump's base. Trump doesn't know anything about anything--he just wants to repeal the ACA so he can claim a "win" and try to BS his base into believing he's a winner, because right now he's a loser. He'll agree to anything that enables him to keep proclaiming how successful he is--you know, the same way he starts every speech. There's never been a bigger loser in the White House than Trump.

As for the GOP, they CAN'T improve health care in America--lower costs, broaden insurance coverage--because that will require government efforts and government money, and that is anathema to them. This is why they've thrice tried to quickly and dishonestly push terrible replacement bills forward for a vote with no discussion and no amendments. A cowardly, ridiculous bunch.

And you ruined it

VN Store

Back