Interesting Development in Repeal Obamacare Storyline

Debt was a problem under Reagan, a much bigger problem when he left. The debt under Clinton only rose 25%. Bush 2 100%. The debt Obama inherited was due primarily to Reagan and Bush, and he was more fiscally responsible than either.

So let me get this straight, now we can blame Reagan for Obama's debt levels as well? Good grief, what's next, you are going to blame Jefferson for Obama's failed health care plan?

He may grab you by your p*****, better run to your safe space.

Oh look, more hilarious, never before heard, original content.

Good job Air, forget what the other guys say about you - i think it's adorable that you try so hard.

p.s. Next time don't forget to include that I'm "butt-hurt", it's the icing on the cake - that really reels in the "likes" .

Reactions: 5 people

Good job Air, forget what the other guys say about you - i think it's adorable that you try so hard.

p.s. Next time don't forget to include that I'm "butt-hurt", it's the icing on the cake - that really reels in the "likes" .

So freaking butthurt.

So let me get this straight, now we can blame Reagan for Obama's debt levels as well? Good grief, what's next, you are going to blame Jefferson for Obama's failed health care plan?

It's not a matter of blame, it's about understanding how fiscal decisions now affect the future. Do you think that fiscal polices start and stop on inauguration dates?

Bush left office with a war that was put on a credit card, completely unfunded or contemplated in his budgets or spending. Guess who picked up the deficit for that? TARP is another example.

Graphs with presidents names and dollars are cute and convenient but rarely show the whole picture.

Reactions: 3 people
Further confirms my belief there will be no movement towards a balanced budget and reducing the debt. Neither party cares because they're viewpoint seems to be since it's not causing problems now, it's not really a problem. They will continue to spend until some crisis happens that threatens everyone. Then and only then will they attempt to address it and it will be more bandaids if anything is even possible at that point.

Politicians don't get re-elected by making tough decisions as in cutting or eliminating Medicare, social security and military spending. When the crises hits, they will most likely do what governments have done since the beginning of time, inflate the currency and blame the price increases on "greedy" businesses like Exxon, Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc.

trying-too-hard-gif.gif

Further confirms my belief there will be no movement towards a balanced budget and reducing the debt. Neither party cares because they're viewpoint seems to be since it's not causing problems now, it's not really a problem. They will continue to spend until some crisis happens that threatens everyone. Then and only then will they attempt to address it and it will be more bandaids if anything is even possible at that point.

Looking at the Debt Clock, I see the Debt per Taxpayer now stands over $166,000. Considering most folk my age have little retirement and greatly depend on Social Security, they couldn't pay off their fair share in their remaining life. So, much of their debt shifts to the younger generations.
That Debt per Taxpayer figure is closer to a quarter million per able working taxpayer. It's only going to get larger.

Looking at the Debt Clock, I see the Debt per Taxpayer now stands over $166,000. Considering most folk my age have little retirement and greatly depend on Social Security, they couldn't pay off their fair share in their remaining life. So, much of their debt shifts to the younger generations.
That Debt per Taxpayer figure is closer to a quarter million per able working taxpayer. It's only going to get larger.

don't worry. the government knows what to do, spend more money.

they are going to keep spending money to the point that the economy thinks there is no way they keep spending money. Then right as the economy lets its guard down, Boom! more spending, right past the confused economy and straight into fiscal responsibility.

foolproof plan, reverse psychology on the economy.

How was it a much bigger problem if we had a better debt to income ratio back then?

saupload_a_us_debt_burden_1791_2010.png

I have no problem giving Clinton partial credit, because he could have easily increased the debt more, but part of the reason it only rose 25% is he was the beneficiary of the booming 90s (so more tax revenue) and a lot of the significant spending cuts were cold war related. To his credit, a lot of Reagan's spending did not go toward permanent programs.

Clinton was probably the most fiscally responsible one out of all of them, but Obama and Bush 2 are easily the worst in that regard.

Just by looking at the graph, it appears 1981 was the turning point from which we've been unable or unwilling to recover.

Just by looking at the graph, it appears 1981 was the turning point from which we've been unable or unwilling to recover.

This is the equivalent of blaming an entire loss on a guy that fumbled in the 2nd quarter.

Also, you're modifying your position...first you claimed debt was a bigger problem in the 80s, and since that didn't work out you are now implying Reagan sent us down an irreversible path.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This is the equivalent of blaming an entire loss on a guy that fumbled in the 2nd quarter.

Also, you're modifying your position...first you claimed debt was a bigger problem in the 80s, and since that didn't work out you are now implying Reagan sent us down an irreversible path.

I'm not modifying anything.

Where did I claim that debt was a bigger problem in the 80"s? I said the rate of increase of national debt was higher under Reagan than any other administration since. (true)

I don't think I ever said it was a bigger problem. I said he did a worse job of controlling the rate of increase. (true) I said it was a problem, and even worse when he left. (true)

People can draw their own conclusions...I'm willing to allow that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Huff bringing the heat!

I'm not modifying anything.

Where did I claim that debt was a bigger problem in the 80"s? I said the rate of increase of national debt was higher under Reagan than any other administration since. (true)

I don't think I ever said it was a bigger problem. I said he did a worse job of controlling the rate of increase. (true) I said it was a problem, and even worse when he left. (true)

People can draw their own conclusions...I'm willing to allow that.

My mistake. I realized you were saying the increase was higher under Reagan, but I was confused by something you said in the next post. I thought you said debt was a bigger problem under Reagan, in comparison to Obama but you were saying in comparison to when Reagan entered office.

QUOTE=Roustabout;13463595]Nothing should be considered that doesn't allow cross state competition, oversight to eliminate and reduce fraud, prescription drug reform, and reducing costs.

Cross state competition is a drop in the bucket, ain't that many plans left to have meaningful competition. And the scoundrels in congress sure as hell aren't going to do anything to reduce drug costs and allow competition. Their campaign coffers and wallets are bulging from big pharma.

The likes validate my existence. I have to have them. Your feelings are simply collateral damage.

You and I have something in common then. My experience here is heightened with every "like" my sparring partner receives. It gives me comfort knowing I can still grate on a certain part of the PF population.

You and I have something in common then. My experience here is heightened with every "like" my sparring partner receives. It gives me comfort knowing I can still grate on a certain part of the PF population.
....and I was thinking that you have lost your stinger lately.

He does seem to be quite the shill. I'm thinking a possible lg alt.

VN Store

Back