Interesting Development in Repeal Obamacare Storyline

So kill off protection for preexisting conditions, correct?

Free market principles work poorly with insurance. Most people would not get coverage at all, particularly young people. Then we let them die when they have no coverage? Let the 3 year old die because her parents decided that the extra $100 a month to cover was not worth the small chance she would contract a serious illness?

Too bad, folks, you bought the wrong coverage.
Let them die?!!

My gosh you are stupid.

If you let free market principles work then costs will come down so little Sally’s mom can afford whatever she needs.

Your argument fails because you are basing it on the market not changing as it moves and adjust to the free market.

I would expect this type of response from a bleeding heart. Bless you.

Reactions: tennvols77
Heh. Accidentally liked your post.

This article is 6 years old the purported poll is not cited.

Yes the article is old. My point was if we are going to consider the poll percentages as "facts", then why were they ignored when no one wanted to implement Obamacare in the first place?

Links to the polls cited are in the article:
Poll: 54 percent against Obamacare
Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: April 2013
Fox News Poll: 56 percent want to go back to pre-ObamaCare system

Reactions: ajvol01

Free market principles work poorly with insurance. Most people would not get coverage at all, particularly young people. Then we let them die when they have no coverage? Let the 3 year old die because her parents decided that the extra $100 a month to cover was not worth the small chance she would contract a serious illness?

Insurance has always been a pooled risk proposition ... until health insurance perverted the model. Once you add in "maintenance" it's a different animal ... almost everybody is a "risk" all the time. Once you delete the pre-existing condition clause then you've destroyed to pool concept because those who truly aren't at risk or don't believe they are at risk don't pay into the pool ... they just want to become takers when their time comes up. Eliminating preexisting conditions is like allowing someone to sign up for homeowners insurance when the house is on fire ... and the insuror has to pay out ... actuarially, it just doesn't work.

Also don't forget that good ole capitalism ruled medical costs at one time ... when the doctor charged and the patient paid, and courts didn't dictate the standard of care. Once courts and government started dictating to insurors what and how they had to cover medical costs and who they had to cover, all bets were off. Medical costs became as uncontrollable as the national debt.

Well, the government already pays that bill plus the bill for illegals, poor, addicted, etc. No need to pay the whole tab for the entire country. We definitely cannot afford that. Add true free markets and prices will drop.

Medicare and Medicaid are separate concepts and need to be kept that way. Those who didn't pay in but receive benefits belong in Medicaid.

Most people wouldn't get coverage? There was like 85% coverage before ACA. Quit making crap up. 2012 wasnt that long ago there weren't people dying in the streets. Get over yourself for once.

According to your fear mongering ACA is a failure because not everyone has coverage ergo they are dying, and therefore we doubled costs just to keep killing people. Thanks Obama.

LOL, all that does is make Medicare the insurer for the already sick. Taxes for all will pay for it, which is what the right bitcHes about with the ACA or "socialized medicine."
Before ACA health insurance was a choice. After ACA it wasnt a choice. That part pisses me off.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Heaven forbid the ACA gets struck down, there is no plan for what to do next. It would be a disaster.

You are absolutely right about that. The government has a history of starting stupid stuff from which there's no exit ... it's a big part of why we are $22.5T in debt. Even if the people elected to congress didn't have ulterior motives, few of them are actually smart enough to figure consequences of their actions. The best way to visualize capitol hill is a box of really dumb rocks ... as opposed to just your average know nothing inanimate rock.

Reactions: McDad
Most people wouldn't get coverage? There was like 85% coverage before ACA. Quit making crap up. 2012 wasnt that long ago there weren't people dying in the streets. Get over yourself for once.

According to your fear mongering ACA is a failure because not everyone has coverage ergo they are dying, and therefore we doubled costs just to keep killing people. Thanks Obama.
My granddad lived to 104.

Never had health insurance until he turned 65.

Before ACA health insurance was a choice. After ACA it wasnt a choice. That part pisses me off.
Louder, you should be an illegal alien. The Dems fined and penalized people like you that didn't want to partake, and they want to give healthcare free with no strings attached to illegals. You really shouldn't be an American citizen. That is your problem.

My granddad lived to 104.

Never had health insurance until he turned 65.
I don't remember when health insurance came into widespread use, but I don't recall it being an issue or that any of my family had it in the 1950's and 60's. Maybe into the 70's. Of course, it didn't cost much for a doctor then, and people didn't run to the doctor every 5 minutes.

Reactions: tennvols77 and AM64
I don't remember when health insurance came into widespread use, but I don't recall it being an issue or that any of my family had it in the 1950's and 60's. Maybe into the 70's. Of course, it didn't cost much for a doctor then, and people didn't run to the doctor every 5 minutes.

I don't think a lot of people did, but as an Air Force brat I guess I missed out on a lot of that. I do know that the small town doctor who delivered me in 1946 set my arm when I broke it (twice) in 1950-51 while my dad was in Korea. We saw him off and on over the years, and it never broke the bank ... without insurance. Twenty four years after he delivered me, he came my wedding ... a great guy and completely non politically correct, and one with a world of experience hard to replace when he retired. Oh yeah, he answered the phone day or night and even made house calls when necessary. The first time I remember being covered by insurance was my first job after graduation from UT. Thanks now to courts, insurance, and government perversion, medicine has become almost prohibitively expensive, and years of doctor experience replaced by endless testing needed to cross ts and dot is.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Let them die?!!

My gosh you are stupid.

If you let free market principles work then costs will come down so little Sally’s mom can afford whatever she needs.

Your argument fails because you are basing it on the market not changing as it moves and adjust to the free market.

I would expect this type of response from a bleeding heart. Bless you.
LG
Your no response speaks volumes.

Go sit on the bench until you are ready to play you weak sob.

Reactions: AM64
What a novel concept.

Reactions: AM64
Louder, you should be an illegal alien. The Dems fined and penalized people like you that didn't want to partake, and they want to give healthcare free with no strings attached to illegals. You really shouldn't be an American citizen. That is your problem.
I had insurance. Wanted insurance. It was my choice. But ACA removed that choice so even if having it didnt change it made me resent ACA. That plus almost literally everything positive said about ACA before it happened has been a flat out lie as most of us called.

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64

VN Store

Back