Interesting Bracketology Odds

Not even if they win the Southern Conference regular season or tournament and get in the NCAA tournament? Let me throw a little more info at you. The Southern Conference top to bottom has been ranked the 13th or 14th best conference in the country all year right in the same range as the Missouri Valley. To put it in perspective, Chattanooga is in 4th place. Reckon that might have a little effect??

No, I don't reckon it does. I reckon a team like Kansas State from the Big 12 which we beat would have more of an effect :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm from east tennesssee and I think most in here are. I can't speak for everyone, but I bet most, like me, don't give a damn about ETSU. It's cool your a ETSU grad cheer for them by yourself 👍

Well he said this in the other thread in the Around the NCAA Forum

ETSU 20-6, 10-3 conference
UT 14-11, 6-6 conference
'nuff said.

So if he's such a UT fan, why is he trying to sh** talk UT so much.

Not even if they win the Southern Conference regular season or tournament and get in the NCAA tournament? Let me throw a little more info at you. The Southern Conference top to bottom has been ranked the 13th or 14th best conference in the country all year right in the same range as the Missouri Valley. To put it in perspective, Chattanooga is in 4th place. Reckon that might have a little effect??
The 13th or 14th ranked conference. Wow. Now that makes a statement. Didnt realize the So. CONF. was so damn good. I mean bad.

No, I don't reckon it does. I reckon a team like Kansas State from the Big 12 which we beat would have more of an effect :thumbsup:
Just like I said, you dodged this question, "Would you mind explaining why the way ETSU finishes will not affect Tennessee's chances of getting in the NCAA tournament?"
It's especially funny when Jerry Palm has ETSU as a 14 seed and Kansas State as a 10 seed so please answer the question. :thumbsup:

The 13th or 14th ranked conference. Wow. Now that makes a statement. Didnt realize the So. CONF. was so damn good. I mean bad.
How little we know! If you take away the 6 power basketball conferences, the Southern Conference is ranked 9th of the remaining 26 Division I basketball conferences. That is pretty impressive in anybody's book that understands basketball parity and can see the forest in the middle of the trees.

Just like I said, you dodged this question, "Would you mind explaining why the way ETSU finishes will not affect Tennessee's chances of getting in the NCAA tournament?"
It's especially funny when Jerry Palm has ETSU as a 14 seed and Kansas State as a 10 seed so please answer the question. :thumbsup:

I completely understand why your degree is from ETSU as opposed to UT.

Reactions: 2 people

I did answer it, I said it does effect Tennessee, but no more than any other opponent they have played. For some reason you seem to think ETSU counts more than any other team, why is that?

How little we know! If you take away the 6 power basketball conferences, the Southern Conference is ranked 9th of the remaining 26 Division I basketball conferences. That is pretty impressive in anybody's book that understands basketball parity and can see the forest in the middle of the trees.

Ok, and if you took away the top 6 teams in the SEC, Tennessee is the best. You have a horrible problem with creating these fantasy worlds that have no bearing to reality. Who really gives a damn if they'd be 6th without the power conferences?

Edit: 9th, not even 6th.

Ok, and if you took away the top 6 teams in the SEC, Tennessee is the best. You have a horrible problem with creating these fantasy worlds that have no bearing to reality. Who really gives a damn if they'd be 6th without the power conferences?

Edit: 9th, not even 6th.
You're not very smart are you?

SD has said some most ridiculous stuff about etsu getting an at large but them winning helps more the all the rest of Tennessee's opponents and here is why. If they win out and win their tourney their projected rpi is on the low 50s. That would all happen the week before selection Sunday as the committee is meeting and discussing the bubble team's. That road win very easily could be considered a quality win if they are already dancing with an rpi around 50.

Lol ETSU as a school and a basketball program is insignificant get over it bro

SD has said some most ridiculous stuff about etsu getting an at large but them winning helps more the all the rest of Tennessee's opponents and here is why. If they win out and win their tourney their projected rpi is on the low 50s. That would all happen the week before selection Sunday as the committee is meeting and discussing the bubble team's. That road win very easily could be considered a quality win if they are already dancing with an rpi around 50.

Hey man you can cheer for them if you want. In fact they need some fans, hell SD would love someone to join him. It's gotta be pretty lonely listening to ETSU games on the radio.

Hey man you can cheer for them if you want. In fact they need some fans, hell SD would love someone to join him. It's gotta be pretty lonely listening to ETSU games on the radio.

I am cheering for them because it's good for Tennessee. Same way I cheer for Nc State last night and VaTech.

I am cheering for them because it's good for Tennessee. Same way I cheer for Nc State last night and VaTech.

Well look at you bud! I'm glad your stepping your game up. You were scaring me cheering for some insignificant team like Etsu, but you've moved up in the world 👍

Well look at you bud! I'm glad your stepping your game up. You were scaring me cheering for some insignificant team like Etsu, but you've moved up in the world 👍

Dude get off your high horse. I laid out one hell of a reason Etsu winning out is helpful unless you have your head stuck too far in the mud to think a top 50 road win wouldn't help our resume.

Dude get off your high horse. I laid out one hell of a reason Etsu winning out is helpful unless you have your head stuck too far in the mud to think a top 50 road win wouldn't help our resume.

lol I just think you and SD are goof balls. Sorry I'll stop

I did answer it, I said it does effect Tennessee, but no more than any other opponent they have played. For some reason you seem to think ETSU counts more than any other team, why is that?
So you're saying all the teams they've played have the same effect on whether they get in the NCAA, right? The Kentucky or the North Carolina game had no more effect than the Appalachian State game. If that is your thinking, what can I say?

This is really Buzz4Tennessee's alter ego. We are the three musketeers (buccaneers) volunteers. Take your pick. There is someone else who knows the deal. Both teams just need to take care of business and they help each other.

So you're saying all the teams they've played have the same effect on whether they get in the NCAA, right? The Kentucky or the North Carolina game had no more effect than the Appalachian State game. If that is your thinking, what can I say?

Compare the SOS of the teams you just listed. Or the RPI of the teams remaining on each of those schedules. That'll tell you how much more important a win for UNC or Kentucky is than ETSU. A loss by ETSU hurts more than a loss for the other teams because of the same reason, but ETSU beating a 150+ RPI of Samford, Mercer, the Citadel, Western Carolina, you know, the majority of their conference, doesn't help UT. But a loss would hurt. Much different than claiming the wins mean so much more, as you keep insisting.

Compare the SOS of the teams you just listed. Or the RPI of the teams remaining on each of those schedules. That'll tell you how much more important a win for UNC or Kentucky is than ETSU. A loss by ETSU hurts more than a loss for the other teams because of the same reason, but ETSU beating a 150+ RPI of Samford, Mercer, the Citadel, Western Carolina, you know, the majority of their conference, doesn't help UT. But a loss would hurt. Much different than claiming the wins mean so much more, as you keep insisting.

If an ETSU loss would hurt, doesn't that mean them continuing to win is equally as important if not more so? Bottom line, we want them to keep winning.

VN Store

Back