Interesting Bracketology Odds

You all know I love statistics so taking this Team Rankings bracketology, let's break it down a little.

Kentucky and Florida have a 100% chance of getting in the tournament. South Carolina has a 97% chance. Arkansas has a 79% chance. They are in.

Tennessee leads the rest of the pack at 26%. Vanderbilt is 25%, A&M is 22%, Alabama is 18%, Georgia is 14%, Mississippi is 3%, A&M is 2%, and the other SEC teams are 0%.

ETSU is at 47%. The Vols win over them is more meaningful to getting in the NCAA tournament than their wins over any SEC team this year. If the Bucs slide, then the Vols slide.

PS You had better become a Bucs fan, cwboytruckers.

There you go again. You cant put one without the other. That freaking Bucs win is no more meaningful than the win over Vandy in Nashville. Give it a rest. Quit bringing the Bucs into every point you make. Good God buddy your obsessed. And F the Bucs.

Reactions: 6 people
You all know I love statistics so taking this Team Rankings bracketology, let's break it down a little.

Kentucky and Florida have a 100% chance of getting in the tournament. South Carolina has a 97% chance. Arkansas has a 79% chance. They are in.

Tennessee leads the rest of the pack at 26%. Vanderbilt is 25%, A&M is 22%, Alabama is 18%, Georgia is 14%, Mississippi is 3%, A&M is 2%, and the other SEC teams are 0%.

ETSU is at 47%. The Vols win over them is more meaningful to getting in the NCAA tournament than their wins over any SEC team this year. If the Bucs slide, then the Vols slide.

If it was that great, wouldn't the broadcasts list it as a good win? No broadcast has done that. They list the Kentucky game. They list the Kansas State game. But have never posted the ETSU one. Wonder why? Because it is worthless in every way minus a tally in the W column. Just like the 14 others.

Yeah... that ETSU win sure is more important than the Vandy win in Nashville or beating Kentucky in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Let me explain to you. We are talking February 20, 2017. The ETSU game is more important for getting in the tourney. If they keep winning, it helps the Vols. If they lose, it hurts the Vols. Unless Tennessee beats South Carolina even if they win the rest of their games, what ETSU does from here on out is critical to Tennessee's chances.

Let me explain to you. We are talking February 20, 2017. The ETSU game is more important for getting in the tourney. If they keep winning, it helps the Vols. If they lose, it hurts the Vols. Unless Tennessee beats South Carolina even if they win the rest of their games, what ETSU does from here on out is critical to Tennessee's chances.

So critical that it's exactly as critical as every other team we played this year winning.

I could be saying the same things about Lipscomb, my alma mater.

Etsu isn't even listed as a quality win for us, I don't think the committee would be impressed with us beating a mid major. We're supposed to.

let me explain to you. We are talking february 20, 2017. The etsu game is more important for getting in the tourney. If they keep winning, it helps the vols. If they lose, it hurts the vols. Unless tennessee beats south carolina even if they win the rest of their games, what etsu does from here on out is critical to tennessee's chances.
bullcraphockeypuck!!!!!!!!!

Did you take a bullet to the head???????

You jokers are insane. I am an ETSU grad. Does that prevent me from being a Tennessee fan? I have worn a lot more orange and white over the years than I have blue and gold.
Let me give you a little hint since you are so smart. If ETSU finishes the season without another loss, Tennessee will have a better chance of getting in the tournament even if they go undefeated the rest of the season. It's a skin of your teeth deal and that could be the difference between Tennessee getting in or not. We are talking fractions of a percentage point.
YOU BETTER CHEER FOR THE BUCS IF YOU WANT TENNESSEE IN THE TOURNAMENT. You can cheer for both teams. It's east Tennessee.:rock:

I'm from east tennesssee and I think most in here are. I can't speak for everyone, but I bet most, like me, don't give a damn about ETSU. It's cool your a ETSU grad cheer for them by yourself 👍

Etsu has less than a 0% of getting an at large.

Just last night Tenn lost one rpi spot because appy state lost and it hurt. So in the same vain Tennessee needs to hope etsu wins every game other than UTC.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of both schools. A lot of fAns are Etsu and Vols fans.

Just last night Tenn lost one rpi spot because appy state lost and it hurt. So in the same vain Tennessee needs to hope etsu wins every game other than UTC.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of both schools. A lot of fAns are Etsu and Vols fans.
so a negative chance? Is that even possible? Lol

Nothing wrong with being a fan of both. But he thinks Tennessee's tourny hopes hinge on the Bucs success. Neither is affected by the other at this point. Tennessee needs to beat Vandy. Have a strong showing or hopefully upset the overrated Cockys. Beat LSU without playing down to them. And hold off Bama. They seem to always struggle with Bama. And hopefully 2-1 at the sec tourny.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of both. But he thinks Tennessee's tourny hopes hinge on the Bucs success. Neither is affected by the other at this point. Tennessee needs to beat Vandy. Have a strong showing or hopefully upset the overrated Cockys. Beat LSU without playing down to them. And hold off Bama. They seem to always struggle with Bama. And hopefully 2-1 at the sec tourny.

I don't think Etsu holds the keys for the Vols getting in but it would help if they won. Like it said dang lowly Appy state lost last night which lowered our RPI

ETSU destroyed Chattanooga in a season sweep about as big as the Tennessee win over Missouri in front of 6400 in the Roundhouse. At 60 in the KenPom rankings they are ahead of 6 SEC teams. Those who think the way they finish does not effect the vols chances don't know what they are talking about.

ETSU destroyed Chattanooga in a season sweep about as big as the Tennessee win over Missouri in front of 6400 in the Roundhouse. At 60 in the KenPom rankings they are ahead of 6 SEC teams. Those who think the way they finish does not effect the vols chances don't know what they are talking about.

The way they finish doesn't impact the Vols anymore than the way Presbyterian or Lipscomb finish.

Boy that line gets funnier each time it comes from you.

The way they finish doesn't impact the Vols anymore than the way Presbyterian or Lipscomb finish.
Would you mind explaining why the way ETSU finishes will not affect Tennessee's chances of getting in the NCAA tournament? I point you back to Bruinvol's statement, "Just last night Tenn lost one rpi spot because appy state lost and it hurt. So in the same vain Tennessee needs to hope etsu wins every game other than UTC." You think an RPI spot might not make the difference between getting in and not getting in. I believe he has a better understanding of how close it is on the bubble than you. I know you'll dodge the initial question before you reply.

Would you mind explaining why the way ETSU finishes will not affect Tennessee's chances of getting in the NCAA tournament? I point you back to Bruinvol's statement, "Just last night Tenn lost one rpi spot because appy state lost and it hurt. So in the same vain Tennessee needs to hope etsu wins every game other than UTC." You think an RPI spot might not make the difference between getting in and not getting in. I believe he has a better understanding of how close it is on the bubble than you. I know you'll dodge the initial question before you reply.

You obviously didn't understand my post...

I'm saying ETSU does have an impact, the same impact as Tennessee's other opponents such as Lipscomb or Applachian State. ETSU doesn't carry more importance than any other team we've played this season like you're trying to portray.

Key words: "Anymore than"

You obviously didn't understand my post...

I'm saying ETSU does have an impact, the same impact as Tennessee's other opponents such as Lipscomb or Applachian State. ETSU doesn't carry more importance than any other team we've played this season like you're trying to portray.
Not even if they win the Southern Conference regular season or tournament and get in the NCAA tournament? Let me throw a little more info at you. The Southern Conference top to bottom has been ranked the 13th or 14th best conference in the country all year right in the same range as the Missouri Valley. To put it in perspective, Chattanooga is in 4th place. Reckon that might have a little effect??

Last edited:

It's clear you have no understanding as to what was said.

VN Store

Back