Info on Jarnell SIAP

Clear was pretty dang good, we could use him. He will stick to football. The only reason I said Jarnell would pick Memphis is that I do not want to get my hopes up. We need something good to happen to us.

I know a guy claiming two sports writers he knows are saying Stokes is now headed to Memphis. One of the sports writers is Jason Smith. Same guy conceded two days ago that Stokes was headed to TN, in his opinion.

I've thought we would land Stokes since early last week and all indications recently were that the final answer wouldn't be Memphis. Don't know why this guy changed his opinion. Just curious if anyone had heard anything?

Edit: Not in any way trying to establish e-cred. I know a lot of people in Memphis and I know there are posters here pretty connected in Memphis as well. Stokes would be a big get.

Jason Smith had this to say about 9:30 pm tonight

L. Jason Smith @TheCAJasonSmith

@ryantcollins Tennessee it is, IMO. I'd be shocked if it's anything other than Tenn or Florida. Sorry, bro.

What time does the memphis game start? Is it possible that he's announcing during halftime? If he's looking for publicity, halftime of two storied programs like that would def give it to him. Recruitinig is exciting lol

What time does the memphis game start? Is it possible that he's announcing during halftime? If he's looking for publicity, halftime of two storied programs like that would def give it to him. Recruitinig is exciting lol

I think it will be after halftime when the game is almost over.

My buddy had lunch with Cam Clear and Marlon Walls earlier this week in Memphis and they both seemed pretty confident Stokes will choose UT for whatever that's worth. Sounds like he's just a one semester rental, but we could sure use him anyway IMO.

My buddy had lunch with Cam Clear and Marlon Walls earlier this week in Memphis and they both seemed pretty confident Stokes will choose UT for whatever that's worth. Sounds like he's just a one semester rental, but we could sure use him anyway IMO.

He will be here all of next year also. He can't enter the draft after this season, he will not be old enough.

Reactions: 1 person
Kid already liked UT. Since he is enrolling early and young, having family on the Hill to help adjust is the deciding factor.

Folks, the kid is all vol. Stop working yourselves up.

Although, I admittedly take a little bit of pleasue in watching the UT fanbase's collective blood pressure peg-out, this kid is headed to UT. It was a Memphis-UT race and recent events have pushed him over the edge to UT. Arkansas, Florida, Uconn, UK, all red herrings; it's been a two horse race for weeks now.

Last edited:

Although, I admittedly take a little bit of pleasue in watching the UT fanbase's collection blood pressure peg-out, this kid is headed to UT. It was a Memphis-UT race and recent events have pushed him over the edge to UT. Arkansas, Florida, Uconn, UK, all red herrings; it's been a two horse race for weeks now.

I sure hope you are correct on this one. Go Vols!

Although, I admittedly take a little bit of pleasue in watching the UT fanbase's collection blood pressure peg-out, this kid is headed to UT. It was a Memphis-UT race and recent events have pushed him over the edge to UT. Arkansas, Florida, Uconn, UK, all red herrings; it's been a two horse race for weeks now.

With everything that's happened to us this year, I think we'll believe it when the papers are signed.

VN Store

Back