Info for Gameday Visitors to Knoxville

What time is a good time to get to calhouns on Friday? Do they take reservations?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

going up for the ucla game. Had someone to tell us that there is a good steak place up there around the stadium. The name of it may have been said but im not up todate with the restaurant up there. This is my 2 game my dads 1st its for his Bday and would like to get him a nice big steak befor the Vwalk. Thanks

going up for the ucla game. Had someone to tell us that there is a good steak place up there around the stadium. The name of it may have been said but im not up todate with the restaurant up there. This is my 2 game my dads 1st its for his Bday and would like to get him a nice big steak befor the Vwalk. Thanks

ye old steak house on chapman is famous.

hey folks....i'll be at the game on Saturday with a few friends and we want to set up our own tailgate. I plan on driving down to the strip and looking for spots at about 8am. I hear there are lots behind the Walgreens on the strip. Hopefully I can find something around the area to break out the music, grill and cornhole boards.

Anyways, are there any rules/laws regarding grilling? I plan to bring the weber for some hot dogs and hamburgers and i didn't want the "blue light gang" causing any ruckus about it.

Thanks in advance!

Guys, I'm bringing the fiance to Knoxville for the UCLA game. It's her first trip, and we're both really excited. I also haven't been in awhile. We are leaving Memphis Friday afternoon, and plan on crashing in a hotel off of I-40 west of Knoxville. We figure there will be someplace within ten miles of Knoxville with vacancy for pretty cheap. Thoughts? We're going to get up pretty early Saturday morning and head into town for the game. Where's a good place to get some breakfast before the tailgating officially begins? Also, since it is probably going to be 9:00am, where would you all suggest parking? We won't be in a hurry to leave after the game since we are going to be going out afterwards. Thanks!!

Most places are first come first serve. Closer to the strip you get the more of a probability it is they have been reserved. Do not park on campus!!!! all the spots are reserved and the spots that arent will only get you ticketed by a "docuhebags/ UTPD/KPD" All one in the same. Best bet is to park and walk. get there early and hang on the strip.

How much is the ticket as opposed to price of parking?

Guys, I'm bringing the fiance to Knoxville for the UCLA game. It's her first trip, and we're both really excited. I also haven't been in awhile. We are leaving Memphis Friday afternoon, and plan on crashing in a hotel off of I-40 west of Knoxville. We figure there will be someplace within ten miles of Knoxville with vacancy for pretty cheap. Thoughts? We're going to get up pretty early Saturday morning and head into town for the game. Where's a good place to get some breakfast before the tailgating officially begins? Also, since it is probably going to be 9:00am, where would you all suggest parking? We won't be in a hurry to leave after the game since we are going to be going out afterwards. Thanks!!
most, if not all, of the greasy spoons on the strip have gone away.. :cray: like the Varsity and the Torch.. Cedar Bluff exit has a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House.. Papermill exit has a Waffle House.. maybe there's a joint with home-cooking that I'm forgetting?

If you get there by noonish, or maybe 11, you should be able to find parking in the fort (white, clinch ave) or on lake ave...

Been going to 4-5 games for the last couple of years... after the game you HAVE to go to "ye olde steakhouse"! Best steak i've ever eaten period! Great atmosphere too! went there last week and it was awesome!

as for parking for those asking... at 18th and grand there is usually parking for $15 (cheapest i've found). they wont block you in and its usually a Church raising money for mission trips so it's for a great cause!

Look forward to seeing the Vols dominate those PAC-10 idiots! I'll be there decked out in orange! any volnation ppl tailgating?

Hey, I'm fairly new to this site and it seems like you people know just about everything there is to know! Me and my dad are going to the UCLA game, which will be only my 3rd game at Neyland. Our seats are in GG and I was wondering if we go in at Gate 4, is there a way for us to get around to the east side concourse to see the Vol Walk, or do you have to go in on that side? Also, we're coming up I-75 from Georgia and are planning to park at the Civic Center. Is there any construction on I-40 that's going to make it difficult for us to get there?

Thanks!

Hey, I'm fairly new to this site and it seems like you people know just about everything there is to know! Me and my dad are going to the UCLA game, which will be only my 3rd game at Neyland. Our seats are in GG and I was wondering if we go in at Gate 4, is there a way for us to get around to the east side concourse to see the Vol Walk, or do you have to go in on that side? Also, we're coming up I-75 from Georgia and are planning to park at the Civic Center. Is there any construction on I-40 that's going to make it difficult for us to get there?

Thanks!

You should be able to get around either side of the stadium, you might want to try to get in another gate first due to gate 4 being a student gate and usually packed unless you go an hour early. And if not, gate 4 will still work.

And, all construction on I40 eastbound is finished around campus...so you shouldnt have a problem with that!

Hope this helps!

You should be able to get around either side of the stadium, you might want to try to get in another gate first due to gate 4 being a student gate and usually packed unless you go an hour early. And if not, gate 4 will still work.

And, all construction on I40 eastbound is finished around campus...so you shouldnt have a problem with that!

Hope this helps!

Perfect! Thanks for the info! :good!:

ANyone know anything going on this saturday for the Ohio game? Didn't know if it was worth going or sell my tickets.... THANKS

What a great thread! It's great to be a Tennessee Vol. Good people. I stayed at the SHeraton, (Cumberland House) and this is why it's the best: It's literally a "short" walk to the stadium around Middle Circle, you get to park in their parking deck ($7 upon check in), and you get a free drink at The H2O Lounge, and a great, great breakfast in the morning. You get the room, parking (and as good a parking as any of the garages around), close proximity, a night cap and breakfast all for around $120. Can't beat that with a stick. I came in for the Ohio game and it was just a nasty weather weekend and I am so dang grateful for the Cumberland House. You can buy Starwood Points online for around $30 per 1000. It is 3000 points to stay at the Cumberland House for one night. I didn't know that until I got there. I will remember that. Join Starwoods!!!

Anyone got extra tickets? think i need 2. got family wanting to go. Just let me know if you have some to sell

I'm not understanding the UT Football parking map. Are those all the areas that require a special pass to park at?

my old spot at Lake and 21st is no more :(

Hi,

We are a group of 3 people (1 guy, 2 girls) on holiday in the US from New Zealand. Managed to score 3 x tickets to this weekend's UT vs Auburn game and arriving in Knoxville Friday night. Can't wait for gameday (we think we understand the rules now!)

We've been reading up a lot on Vols traditions and gameday musts but want to know how easy it is to meet up with vols fans, drink with them, and ideally join an established tailgating party. Of course we would bring along beers/food etc and would DEFINITELY be wearing orange, but we are all looking for an authentic cultural experience and you can't beat being amongst the fans themselves.

Any tips on how to "be like a local" and how to join up with other fans would be much appreciated.

We hope there may be some kind souls amongst the Tennessee faithful who would take some "kiwi" newbies under their collective wing.

We've come from the other side of the world and are keen to make this a great weeekend!

Go vols!!

Cheers!

VN Store

Back