Inflation Reduction Act

How about if you are not able to vote you cannot donate.
I took a job with a company in the paper industry in the late 70s. I was given the opportunity to donate to the companies via monthly contribution.

Union members, corp shareholders/owners and such can vote and it's their money they are donating.

I might support a bill banning all political donations from corps if it included a ban on unions and all other special interest groups and PACs. I might but I'd have to think about it.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Union members, corp shareholders/owners and such can vote and it's their money they are donating.

I might support a bill banning all political donations from corps if it included a ban on unions and all other special interest groups and PACs. I might but I'd have to think about it.
When I said "I was given the opportunity to join" I definitely felt pressured. So I was contributing money that was used to make donations to politicians to fight environmental laws. Ds and Rs. Paper was a very polluting process then. I don't know about now.

I'm for that ban.

When I said "I was given the opportunity to join" I definitely felt pressured. So I was contributing money that was used to make donations to politicians to fight environmental laws. Ds and Rs. Paper was a very polluting process then. I don't know about now.
The last time I drove I-40 into North Carolina, the Pigeon river downstream from the paper mill in Canton still looked brown and foamy. Probably not as dark as it was 30 years or more ago, but plenty dark.
When I was working, my company had their own PAC and encouraged every employee to donate to it and made it a simple payroll check deduction. We'd get frequent emails and even had mandatory meetings, so they could try and sign people up for it. Screw that, I never gave a dime and never knew of anyone that admitted to giving them money either.

Two Democrats Join Republicans In Investigation Against Biden

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) are raising questions regarding national security amid the Biden document debacle.

“The reports about President Biden’s mishandling of classified documents are extremely irresponsible and disturbing,” Manchin said while speaking on Fox News. “These allegations should be investigated fully.”

PAYBACK TIME!

These two are up for reelection. I don't know if they care.

He was done before. He only flirted with the repubs to get his wife a gig so they can divert more tax dollars
It's payback time. He is on a mission to screw over the senate democrats and Biden.

It's all very McCainesque.

Another bad day for the Inflation Reduction Act

We are not sure about Senator Manchin's 2024 U.S. Senate plans.

This is from The Wall Street Journal:

This measure of inflation, a favorite of the Federal Reserve, accelerated in January at the fastest monthly pace since June. The PCE index is worth following because it offers a view of price changes from business sources and takes into account the substitution of goods and services in a way the consumer-price index doesn't.
PCE inflation overall rose 0.6% for the month, up from 0.2% in each of November and December.
The PCE index over the last 12 months is up 5.4%, which was up slightly from December after several months of decline. Inflation in services drove much of the increase and is up 5.7% since January 2022.​

------------------------------
The Inflation Reduction Act should be renamed "Nothing to do With Reducing Inflation Scam"

My union is not allowed to make ANY political contributions/donations with dues monies. You have to willingly and purposefully contribute to the PAC (which would be a cold day in Hel..Alabama before I did that)

Reactions: tntar heel
Another bad day for the Inflation Reduction Act

We are not sure about Senator Manchin's 2024 U.S. Senate plans.

This is from The Wall Street Journal:

This measure of inflation, a favorite of the Federal Reserve, accelerated in January at the fastest monthly pace since June. The PCE index is worth following because it offers a view of price changes from business sources and takes into account the substitution of goods and services in a way the consumer-price index doesn't.​
PCE inflation overall rose 0.6% for the month, up from 0.2% in each of November and December.​
The PCE index over the last 12 months is up 5.4%, which was up slightly from December after several months of decline. Inflation in services drove much of the increase and is up 5.7% since January 2022.​

------------------------------
The Inflation Reduction Act should be renamed "Nothing to do With Reducing Inflation Scam"
Manchin hits Biden for missing deadline to turn in budget, blasts 'party politics and out of control spending'

Somebody is still pissed.

My union is not allowed to make ANY political contributions/donations with dues monies. You have to willingly and purposefully contribute to the PAC (which would be a cold day in Hel..Alabama before I did that)
This was around 1976-8. I was a part of management and with a family I needed the pay check. It was a shtty company to work for and I changed jobs after 16 months.
I don't know if that is the law for unions, but good for them. Neither the unions or the owners should take money from employees for political purposes.

VN Store

Back