Inexcusable.

2-17 in the last 19 games, the talent was pretty much even sometimes Tennessee had better sometimes Florida. Were all those 17 losses due to playcalling or player ineptness or Florida having a lot more talent? I don't think so. The Florida, Tennessee series is just so one-sided for no apparent reason. I can see why Tennessee's series against Vandy and Kentucky and let's say South Carolina is so onesided it's TALENT. But this Florida series is just........ Even at home last year Florida had a chance to win on the last play of the game.

Reactions: Volizona
Really ? Hmm that is highly doubtful. Now if you want to say Golesh was quicker to diagnose what he was seeing and relaying that info and knowing how to attack it I might personally get on board with that. Halze is basically learning on the job and never put together game plans. He may have sat in however experience matters.
So, you disagree, and then proceed to completely agree? Interesting tactic.

So, you're saying when their best player comes in motion and they're flaring out to him you stay in zone coverage they never moved. Supposed to, never came in the conversation they never adjusted period.
A motion doesn't mean you can't play zone. The defense is supposed to communicate and shift their alignment, responsibilities, and run fits. So if you're playing Cover 3 with a SS on one side and the STAR on the other, Pearsall is lined up on SS and motions across, STAR may have to bump out. Or maybe they're 2 high and rolling to Cover 3 and SS has Flat or buzz zone, WR motions and LB has to bump out to line up near WR and take buzz/flat zone while SS replaces LB on a hook zone

A motion doesn't mean you can't play zone. The defense is supposed to communicate and shift their alignment, responsibilities, and run fits. So if you're playing Cover 3 with a SS on one side and the STAR on the other, Pearsall is lined up on SS and motions across, STAR may have to bump out. Or maybe they're 2 high and rolling to Cover 3 and SS has Flat or buzz zone, WR motions and LB has to bump out to line up near WR and take buzz/flat zone while SS replaces LB on a hook zone
and maybe they did nothing may, if and should have... they didn't move a foot, deer in headlights

So, you disagree, and then proceed to completely agree? Interesting tactic.
Actually I guess the easiest way to explain what I believe is that Halze doesn't see what Golesh saw. Golesh and Heupel communicated very well. Golesh and Heupel would also set up shots down field. There again we dont have Hooker, Tillman, Hyatt and the entire OL was better than what we are currently seeing.

The new clock rule makes big comebacks much more difficult to pull of ad well.
New clock rule had nothing to do with the way they have performed these first three games. Mental mistakes and like of attitude are the reasons we have not played up to Heupel's standards. No doubt, we miss a couple of the offensive linemen from last year.

New clock rule had nothing to do with the way they have performed these first three games. Mental mistakes and like of attitude are the reasons we have not played up to Heupel's standards. No doubt, we miss a couple of the offensive linemen from last year.
Agree. Wasn’t blaming the clock rules for our performance. Was only pointing out that once you dig yourself into a hole; it is now much more unlikely that you can climb back out

and maybe they did nothing may, if and should have... they didn't move a foot, deer in headlights
That is not the point I'm making. We are in agreement on that. I'm saying you don't have to play man coverage because they are motioning a WR.

#1 Josh didn't have his team ready to play, didn't have a clear game plan and didn't coach around his team's obvious weaknesses.
Hard to coach around this offensive line. But there were coaching blunders for sure.

#1 Josh didn't have his team ready to play, didn't have a clear game plan and didn't coach around his team's obvious weaknesses.
They had a clear game plan. The one Banks developed for the D in the first half was just awful. Plain terrible. UT had 5 drives for 22 plays in the first half UF ran 42. Once again Banks failed at his ONE JOB- GET OFF THE FIELD.

Sometimes your O just needs the D to get a stop or two.

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back