Inexcusable.

Cool. Hopefully we won’t see anymore of your dumb azz posts then. Thinking this loss was anywhere near the worst in 10 years shows your football IQ is lower than snail poop.

How is it not?

I think after a few more weeks of SEC play you’ll see why this loss was so bad. I think Florida ends up getting beat by everyone else in the East besides Vandy.

Reactions: Volizona
#1 Josh didn't have his team ready to play, didn't have a clear game plan and didn't coach around his team's obvious weaknesses.
So the other team's weakness was our DB's running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off?

I am starting to think more and more that Golesh was the brains of this operation.
Me too, because regardless of who's playing our system worked when he was here. Now he's gone and the only thing that looks the same is just hurry up. We got guys that can blaze down the field and catch a pass, so why not try that.

Last year was a great year. Probably two years too early. Expectations of fans jumped according to last year's record, again probably too early.

A reasonable rebuild from when JH came in would have the Vols about where they are at the moment. Losing an nfl quarterback usually sees a drop in performance. Even more so with a program rebuild.

A tough loss yesterday, but good things are still to come. JH didn't forget how to coach, he just has to get better players on the field.

Reactions: Score50
Put Nico in now. Joe has lost the QB job at two major schools (Michigan and UT) for a reason - he is not good! Let Nico play the rest of the year. Learn how to play in the SEC then we, hopefully, have a great QB for three more years.
I disagree. I don’t think Nico is ready or he would have already been in there. The college game is a lot different than high school. I think the extra few weeks of practice will help him get ready. Joe will bow out soon enough. He is not a winning quarterback. He cannot read defenses and make quick decisions. Nico might be the long term answer but I trust CH to make those decisions. He’s knows Joe isn’t the answer just like we do but he can’t throw Nico to the wolves until he is certain he is ready.

Here’s to hoping we don’t have to endure many more nights like last night. It was extremely hard to watch.

Yeah because Huepel never called good plays any other time in his much longer career
There is more to it than that. There are multiple aspects of game planning. There is organization and leadership. It is all the things Cutcliffe did to make Fulmer look competent.

There is more to it than that. There are multiple aspects of game planning. There is organization and leadership. It is all the things Cutcliffe did to make Fulmer look competent.
I kind of think Heupel is Cutcliffe. This team looks about like the 2021 team did at this point. How anybody thinks you lose Hooker, Hyatt and Wright and start over but will still be the same team is nuts. Not saying you think that just seems the be the way the conversation is going with Vol land. Geez - we always lose in the swamp and this team ain’t as good as last year.

Joe is not Hendon, but he was not the major problem Saturday. There is a lot of talk about him only throwing short passes, however he completed passes of 55, 43 and 41 yards. One pass to White in the end zone was an over throw, and another one (I think to Keyton in the end zone) may have looked like an overthrow, but the defender was pulling on the jersey so the receiver could not go full speed to catch the ball, pass interference that was not called (one of many missed or bad calls on the night). First half D the O-line and penalties were the major problems in the game, along with with the terrible refereeing. These can be fixed, except maybe the refereeing.

Reactions: spyfish007
Plan 1 don't continually run up the gut when you have a FCS level player at center.

Plan 2 slightly move the pocket. You can slide the pocket and still give your QB time to set his feet.

Plan 3 stop running QB draws up you backup center's butt.

Plan 4 Something besides Hadden. Kid plays hard but is not an SEC level player. Not sure how a backup or freshman could be worse

There were plenty of other issues around discipline/penalties, play calling, etc but that's a good start.
We have to hold college records for running between the tackles....And that has happened a lot over the years...That includes Milton if and when he tries to run. We did hit the edges with Hurd and it worked so well we stopped doing it since then. We have zero imagination in our running game. Zero.

A team heavy on seniors like we are shouldn't look like we have the past 2 weeks..

Do we have some issues like the OL and DBs...yep. But in year three and the transfer portal and not recruiting transfers where you need help is a issue. That's on the coaches.

Do you guys only watch UT games and no one else?

Watch Bama and Georgia this past weekend. Both teams should have lost the way they played, but they didn’t. Why?

Because they have elite level talent that allows them to overcome that. As long as we have talent that’s close to that of SC and FL, we will have the potential of losing to them, even if we are slightly better

Murphyvol,Exactly what was the no game plan?Other than sitting Ollie down because of his Bad night,what different.He cannot stop missed assignments,paid-off refs,bad tackling.

I’m amazed at the amount of people on here asking for joes head instead of questioning our offensive line and defensive issues. Joe does have his issues but I’m more disappointed with our o line and defensive problems. I think a lot of our play calling has to do with our lack of an o line instead of lack of confidence in joe.

Put Nico in now. Joe has lost the QB job at two major schools (Michigan and UT) for a reason - he is not good! Let Nico play the rest of the year. Learn how to play in the SEC then we, hopefully, have a great QB for three more years.
Please explain the logic in putting a true freshman behind a poor offensive line? You would just be setting Nico up for failure IMO. Joe is not the biggest problem we have. We have other issues, offensive line and defense most notably

Reactions: KTrain
Milton did fine when they allowed him to actually throw it. As someone who has been very critical of Milton, the blame he is getting for this game is unwarranted. Sure he made a couple of throws in the dirt I'd want back but some of the deep shots that were incomplete were either PI that didn't get called or just slightly out of reach which will happen sometimes. Ollie Lane and Karic suck and Crawford isn't much better. The INT was on them because Squirrel had a TD if they block even a little. And Banks apparently has to wait a whole half to make an adjustment to Pearsall going in motion.
Pearsall would come in motion and I and everyone with a pulse knew what was coming but our DBs stayed in zone coverage giving him the ball served on a platter.

Pearsall would come in motion and I and everyone with a pulse knew what was coming but our DBs stayed in zone coverage giving him the ball served on a platter.
Zone coverage wasn't the problem. You're supposed to have an overhang/apex defender that bumps out or rotates down in that situation and we weren't doing anything except staying in the box.

Reactions: igotworms
Zone coverage wasn't the problem. You're supposed to have an overhang/apex defender that bumps out or rotates down in that situation and we weren't doing anything except staying in the box.
So, you're saying when their best player comes in motion and they're flaring out to him you stay in zone coverage they never moved. Supposed to, never came in the conversation they never adjusted period.

I am starting to think more and more that Golesh was the brains of this operation.
Really ? Hmm that is highly doubtful. Now if you want to say Golesh was quicker to diagnose what he was seeing and relaying that info and knowing how to attack it I might personally get on board with that. Halze is basically learning on the job and never put together game plans. He may have sat in however experience matters.

Reactions: wmcovol
The new clock rule makes big comebacks much more difficult to pull of ad well.
So does passing up opportunities (as in 2) to get points in the second half. I know we all enjoy going for 4th down when they get it but coming up empty really kills any chance of a comeback.

Reactions: Volizona
How is it not?

I think after a few more weeks of SEC play you’ll see why this loss was so bad. I think Florida ends up getting beat by everyone else in the East besides Vandy.
I think Florida will be better than ppl think. Their QB is new and is getting settled in like Hooker last year, he looked bad vs Pittsburg but then came on strong, I believe Florida will be 2nd in the east. JMO The game @ UK in a couple of weeks will let you know more.

VN Store

Back