Indoor Go-Carts

I never went, but I should have.

Guess I will have to try Andretti or Sarah Fisher’s joint.

Went a few times but they were horribly ran. Figured they'd go out. Were more concerned with their employees having fun than actual customers.

If it opened in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg it would have survived. Knoxville is not a a tourist destination and the available managerial pool does not know how to keep bringing back customers.

If it opened in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg it would have survived. Knoxville is not a a tourist destination and the available managerial pool does not know how to keep bringing back customers.

DUDe the whole chain is going under. It was ran poor from the top

The whole concept is just flawed. People aren't going to keep coming back to pay $15 a pop to run a fairly short track for under 5 minutes.

Throw in basically nothing else to do while you wait, complete and utter incompetence in management, and employees with an attitude problem = not a business model for success.

The whole concept is just flawed. People aren't going to keep coming back to pay $15 a pop to run a fairly short track for under 5 minutes.

Throw in basically nothing else to do while you wait, complete and utter incompetence in management, and employees with an attitude problem = not a business model for success.

This! I ran 3 times and dropped like $40. That’s just me mind you, the girlfriend did not join. That could have gotten me any of the following:

Tank of gas to run the dragon
A day at the autocross
A nice round of golf
Movie tickets for me and my girlfriend
A nice dinner for two
Plenty of bowling for two

So either as an attraction for me as a car enthusiast or as a date night proposition it never felt worth going back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
On another note: We went to Main Event the other day, and I'm a little surprised how much people seem willing to pay for video games, bowling, and laser tag.

$1.50 a pop for most games? That's insane. We had one extra friend with us, so there were 4 kids + 2 parents, and we were barely able to finish one game of bowling in our $50 hour.

On another note: We went to Main Event the other day, and I'm a little surprised how much people seem willing to pay for video games, bowling, and laser tag.

$1.50 a pop for most games? That's insane. We had one extra friend with us, so there were 4 kids + 2 parents, and we were barely able to finish one game of bowling in our $50 hour.

I went there once with a friend. It was a hot mess because they just opened. My expectations weren't high before going in. I've heard bad things about the bowling lanes though. You get exactly 1 hour to enter in player names and complete a game. Anything over that and the lane cuts off automatically, you're done. The video games were high priced. A $10 play card might allow you to play 4 to 5 games. As for bowling you're better off going to Strike and Spare family bowl on Peters Road. Best deal is to go on dollar night which used to be Sunday nights and Tuesday nights.

I hadn't heard about the whole chain but other locations had better ratings than the Knoxville location.

There were only a handful of other operations, so just a single poorly run location could drag a poorly capitalized business under.

They must have paid up their electric bill... the sign is still lit up.

I went there once with a friend. It was a hot mess because they just opened. My expectations weren't high before going in. I've heard bad things about the bowling lanes though. You get exactly 1 hour to enter in player names and complete a game. Anything over that and the lane cuts off automatically, you're done. The video games were high priced. A $10 play card might allow you to play 4 to 5 games. As for bowling you're better off going to Strike and Spare family bowl on Peters Road. Best deal is to go on dollar night which used to be Sunday nights and Tuesday nights.

Yeah, it's all pricy. I think I put $50 on a play card (with a $10 free coupon), and the kids smoked through that in no time. My daughter's first game was about 30 seconds of flappy bird for $1.50. Bowling lanes are clean and the electronics are new, but $50/hr with shoes seems high. I guess that's on par with Maple Lanes though.

We'll see how it does when the new wears off. It was packed when we went: over an hour wait for a lane and 2 hours to get on the little ropes course.

I never did get to try the cars though. I heard they were fun.

VN Store

Back