Indoor Go-Carts

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llrcxp8DO2E[/youtube]

Not seen in this video but apparently they have some electronic control over your go-kart when multiple racers are on the track. They can stop them all at once or just throttle down the speed on all the karts at once.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llrcxp8DO2E[/youtube]

Not seen in this video but apparently they have some electronic control over your go-kart when multiple racers are on the track. They can stop them all at once or just throttle down the speed on all the karts at once.

I was faster than that guy or gal. You wanna race coug? I'm taking all VN challengers!

:)

I was faster than that guy or gal. You wanna race coug? I'm taking all VN challengers!

:)

It does look like fun actually. How was the experience? Did you race with other people? Do they get pissed at "bumping"?

It does look like fun actually. How was the experience? Did you race with other people? Do they get pissed at "bumping"?

It was fun. I went on Wednesday at noon. The karts are fast and the staff is nice. I raced against a guy who came in frequently. I didn't stand a chance.

At $16 a race, I am strongly guessing that they won't allow any bumping.

I haven't ridden a go-kart in easily over a decade so I don't know what the newest tech is. Maybe someone can school me because I can't imagine an electric go-kart being as peppy as a good old gas engine.

Electric motor torque far exceeds gas engines. And theses are just go karts.

Zoom zoom zoooooooooom! can be had, but they're probably designed to have similar slick track performance to Pigeon Forge operations.

Attachments

• electric-motor-gas-engine-torque.png
    electric-motor-gas-engine-torque.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 195
I tried it on Wednesday. It was fun. I hope they make it, but at $16 for a 5-7 minute session it is an expensive proposition. I also didn't see any sort of arcade machines or anything else, so it is go karting and go karting only.

I will probably go back during a busier time so I can run against more people.

Also, I am all in on a VN race 🏁.

In pigeon forge when we travel out that way, the track id pretty fun.. But it's a little expensive as well.. For 100$ for 2 people you might get 5-6 rides i think.

Electric motor torque far exceeds gas engines. And theses are just go karts.

Zoom zoom zoooooooooom! can be had, but they're probably designed to have similar slick track performance to Pigeon Forge operations.

Yeah, watching some of those videos on youtube those karts seem to get up and go.

Been to Pole Position in St Louis and Fasttimes in Indianapolis. Based on the above video, that course seems easier than both.

Finally made it out to Veloce with my boys. The karts are quick and a lot of fun. A few critiques:

- the track is a little short and twisty for the power/speed. You really only get up toward top end on the one outer 1/2 lap/straightaway.
- we only got to race once because the place was rented out shortly after we arrived (for a birthday)
- ain't cheap

I did notice they are running a nice black Friday sale this weekend (buy $100/get $40 free)

Finally made it out to Veloce with my boys. The karts are quick and a lot of fun. A few critiques:

- the track is a little short and twisty for the power/speed. You really only get up toward top end on the one outer 1/2 lap/straightaway.
- we only got to race once because the place was rented out shortly after we arrived (for a birthday)
- ain't cheap

I did notice they are running a nice black Friday sale this weekend (buy $100/get $40 free)

We went Sunday. It was a blast. Track is too short but it makes for a lot of technical turns. They claim 50mph, but as Doc said, so tight I'm not sure you get to top speed.

What amazed me was the adrenaline rush I and others in my family got. I was panting like Pavlov's dogs. My sister has a smart watch and her heart rate peaked at 151. We'll definitely be returning.

As Doc said they had that black Friday deal which I took advantage of for stocking stuffers for the kids. Regular price was $16/race or $39 for three races. You also have to pay $6 for an annual registration fee. That places you in their computer and they track your lap times for every lap. At the end of every race, each participant gets a printout of the race showing all your lap times and how you faired against the other racers.

Took the boys today after getting them gift cards for Christmas. 3 HOUR WAIT! No, thanks.

They are going to have to develop some sort of call-ahead/computer reservation queue. I know it's probably a busy week, but there's no reason they can't get people spots without making them sit there for three hours.

Also, I tried to call three times before driving down there. No answer.

Took the boys today after getting them gift cards for Christmas. 3 HOUR WAIT! No, thanks.

They are going to have to develop some sort of call-ahead/computer reservation queue. I know it's probably a busy week, but there's no reason they can't get people spots without making them sit there for three hours.

Also, I tried to call three times before driving down there. No answer.
Yea, I bought $200 worth (got 2 $40 with them for free on black Friday deal). Haven't attempted to go yet. My son just had his wisdom teeth pulled Tuesday anyway. Hopefully it will thin out in a few weeks. It would be nice if you could place a reservation.

Yea, I bought $200 worth (got 2 $40 with them for free on black Friday deal). Haven't attempted to go yet. My son just had his wisdom teeth pulled Tuesday anyway. Hopefully it will thin out in a few weeks. It would be nice if you could place a reservation.

We did the black Friday thing too. It will thin out but the check in process will kill the business unless they step into the age of technology.

They're probably much busier now with kids being off for the holidays. I bet if you wait until Knox County is back in school on Jan 9 it'll be easier to get in. Take the kids after school.

We went on Sunday morning, (I know, I'm a heathen for missing church) it was not crowded at all. When we went the day before it was so crowded, about a two hour wait. The staff told us Sunday morning was the best time.

Yeah, I told the boys I'll take them right after school. What time do they open Sunday a.m.? We have two church service times so could work around that.

Yeah, I told the boys I'll take them right after school. What time do they open Sunday a.m.? We have two church service times so could work around that.

I think it was 10:00 am but I could be wrong.

Edit: Checked website, it's 11:00 am on Sundays.

Took my nine year old nephew today, he had a blast! Concessions, an arcade, and laser-tag are coming as well. Something to do while waiting for a race at least. I thought it was very well run, we will be back for more.

Oh, I didn't drive today but apparently they will allow adults to race in a junior cart if you want to ride with the kids.

Took my nine year old nephew today, he had a blast! Concessions, an arcade, and laser-tag are coming as well. Something to do while waiting for a race at least. I thought it was very well run, we will be back for more.

Oh, I didn't drive today but apparently they will allow adults to race in a junior cart if you want to ride with the kids.

Cool, glad you had a good time. We will try again after school one day.

They take reservations

I'm not sure where you heard this but can say now that it is definitely NOT true. The only time you can call ahead/reserve a spot is for special events like the grand prix races.

Though there aren't many reviews they're getting blasted on Tripadvisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...way-Knoxville_Tennessee.html#review_451865530

It sounds like for now they don't have anything to eat/drink other than vending machine products and like doc said if you have a long wait there is literally nothing to do.

I used to go to Strike and Spare Family Bowl off North Peters on black light, dollar nights and it'd get backed up. They had a first come first serve reservation list of sorts. Put your name down and get put in the queue. An archaic concept but it worked and you could roughly estimate how much time you were going to have to wait. The old long time loyalty system probably got you bumped a few spots and in quicker every now and then but that was all on the down low.

We stopped by yesterday and were able to jump in after a private event with only a 30 minute wait. Anyone that is planning on going: be sure to call first and make sure the track isn't rented out as this has happened twice to us already!

Honestly, there's no reason that in 2017 they can't have up-to-date track info and bookings online.

Any updates with Veloce? Anything improved in the last month or so?

VN Store

Back