Impressed with Worley

You are correct, it was not his fault. That does not make him a good QB.

Worley IS a good QB. Smart, level headed, pretty accurate. This was only his 13th start. I hate that he has to spend his last year behind this young line. If Dooley hadn't burned his rs in that AL game he'd be really good next year.

Worley didn't lose the game but he wasn't good enough to win it either. He's the best we have and that us part of the problem. BTW being a punching bag is tough but it doesn't make you good. The good ones take a beating and still get results.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley played tough. The pick six was infuriating, but he was taking a beating all night and coming back for more, so it's hard to be mad at him.

Overall, a tough learning experience for these young players, and Worley was the leader tonight. Hurd played well, too. As did the defense for the most part. Last year , the score would have been 72-3.

I agree he still made some bad decisions. He is still the best we got and will be ok. Our game plan offensively was absolute garbage! As an OC, it is your job to have a plan to help your team succeed and it doesn't matter what you have or don't have. We all know we young...bottom line...the coaches plan didn't work and didn't adjust. Same stuff different game. No reason, with the talent we have, that we was not in it until the end. "D" was awesome and the only reason we have to hold our head up and walk out of there with some pride.

ppl giving worley a hard time like his O Line wasnt completely abused all night. You go stand in there and face the heat he was facing. We got a bunch of young 300lb lineman that couldnt block a chair if it was in front of them.

It appears as if the coaching staff has no confidence in Peterman or Dobbs. The last couple of drives would have been a good time to get either one of them some experience. That could also explain why Worley doesn't keep the ball on the option. Vols can't afford to get him hurt.

Tough man for sure. Should have gained a lot of respect from his teammates for that performance. He took a beating.

anybody that thinks worley is a good Qb just don't understand football.

Doesn't*
I understand English and football
Worley didn't have time to go through his reads, to step into throws, or time breathe without an okie chasing him down. God bless the kid. He just gave his all out there and all y'all window lickers are doing is bashing the man. You should be bashing the offensive line for giving him any time, and the OCs plays worked when they were blocked right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Not much any OC or QB can do when your OL is that over matched. Worley hung in and played about as well as you could expect under the circumstances. He laid that pass that Sanchez intercepted in the end zone right on Croom's hands! That was a real turning point in the game. Would have made it a 10 point game late third. I guess Croom just never will learn to catch a pass in traffic.

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't*
Worley didn't have time to go through his reads, to step into throws, or time breathe without an okie chasing him down. God bless the kid. He just gave his all out there and all y'all window lickers are doing is bashing the man. You should be bashing the offensive line for giving him no time, and the OCs plays worked when they were blocked right.

Thanks for that dose of sanity.

I feel Worley did all he could with non existent blocking. A lot of passes were dropped. As ugly as the game was it was closer than it seemed. You can't blame this on JW

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't*
Worley didn't have time to go through his reads, to step into throws, or time breathe without an okie chasing him down. God bless the kid. He just gave his all out there and all y'all window lickers are doing is bashing the man. You should be bashing the offensive line for giving him any time, and the OCs plays worked when they were blocked right.

did he try yes, is the kid tough yes. is he good, no he is a mid level college QB at best.

Boys, Worley would have been a lot better if the line could have held off some pressure. I think he may have taken a concussion in the third quarter. Should have run the ball on 3rd and goal. The interception in the endzone that was not ran back was a great defensive play. I don't remember the DB's name but he played the ball well.

I hate to see people get on this board an tear down a kid that plays that hard never even sniffing a chance at victory. If all things had gone our way, (fumble recovery, 2 interceptions) we still would have been 10 points out. This team is different, they played hard till the end

If you give him time to throw..or if you just give him some time...he'll make something happen..usually very positive. His receivers have got to help him a bit too. I would ask him to keep the ball in the read option about 10 times/game please. It'd really help his running backs.........

If anyone ever deserved a game ball in a loss like this it would be Worley. That kid took a beating on just about every play. Our offensive line just got manhandled, about as bad as I have ever seen. Those guys were on Worley within 3 seconds. Kudos to the defense. Were young and talented all over the field and didn't give up, this experience will help us each and every game.

anybody that thinks worley is a good Qb just don't understand football.

Put your Football cleats on and show us how its done!
I try not to fuss at stuff I see posted but this hits a nerve.

I'm not good at spelling or English, but I will take up for him.

We have way to many NCAA Football game players trying to coach that's never played a game. Win or lose he represents our football program. He was hit hard tonight over and over. I would just about say 90% of the people fussing on him would take one or two hits and would quit.

I know that's what he has picked to do and as such he deserves our support! I'm not saying he is the best QB in all of football, but he is our QB and needs us to get behind him. I'm proud to call him Tennessee's QB!

I like to yell at the T.V. too, I'm just saying that after the game they just played and the beating he took we need to pick him up and encourage him, not kick him down every time he tries to get up.

:clapping:GBO:clapping:

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back