Impressed with Worley

He's a freakin true freshman making his first start at the #3 team in the country vs one if the top OLBs in the country. And he's getting no help, which any tackle would need in that situation. We need to chip the guy with a TE or with the RBs IMO.

Who do you chip with though?

They treat the TE as an extra receiver in most sets.

Hopefully the line can give him a little more protection. Also, on the read, he needs to keep the ball on occasion. Looks like at least 5 yard gains could be available.

I wanna hear from all the stupid Worley haters are. All the dumbarse irrational, "he's the worst QB ever in all the history of the world" haters. Where are they? Oh I know.... they'll be here the split second he makes his first bad play of the game or, GOD forbid, throws an interception, whether it's his fault or not.

Bottom line Worley is playing with poise and confidence ,what you negaters have to say about that ?

The only knock on him tonight is that he is holding the ball too long. He knows he has young guys blocking the best in the nation. He has a 3 count to get rid of it at most. Other than that, he is doing way better than he did last year. We have dropped some very good passes.

honestly i haven't yelled THROW THE BALL as often as I usually do tonight. Their line is just there. Before my throw the ball its been too long meter even has time to heat up.

He's a freakin true freshman making his first start at the #3 team in the country vs one if the top OLBs in the country. And he's getting no help, which any tackle would need in that situation. We need to chip the guy with a TE or with the RBs IMO.

He was thought to be a starter back in the spring. The #4 team in the nation has nothing to do with him getting passed up on the depth chart. Though it's going to be tough for all of them if they keep bringing the house on every play.

I wanna hear from all the stupid Worley haters are. All the dumbarse irrational, "he's the worst QB ever in all the history of the world" haters. Where are they? Oh I know.... they'll be here the split second he makes his first bad play of the game or, GOD forbid, throws an interception, whether it's his fault or not.

why?? he's playing great. I wanna hear from the refs that made that not a fumble call. Or better yet I wanna hear from Worley himself after a last second game winning TD pass.

why?? he's playing great. I wanna hear from the refs that made that not a fumble call. Or better yet I wanna hear from Worley himself after a last second game winning TD pass.

I'm obviously frustrated with all the irrational Worley haters who make it their mission to do nothing but constantly criticize and disparage this kid who's obviously worked his arse off and gotten better. He looks like one if the top 5 QBs in the SEC so far this year and is playing terrific tonight. Just needs some help.

Reactions: 1 person
He was thought to be a starter back in the spring. The #4 team in the nation has nothing to do with him getting passed up on the depth chart. Though it's going to be tough for all of them if they keep bringing the house on every play.

Your question seemed to imply why he was playing poorly. I gave my reasons why I thought that was the case. Like his other OL brethren, he's outmatched in terms of skill and experience primarily due to his youth. I think we'll see how well our offensive coaches make halftime adjustments. They need to slide a TE over to give help and let the RBs chip the DEs/OLBs who are just pinning back their ears.

I'm obviously frustrated with all the irrational Worley haters who make it their mission to do nothing but constantly criticize and disparage this kid who's obviously worked his arse off and gotten better. He looks like one if the top 5 QBs in the SEC so far this year and is playing terrific tonight. Just needs some help.

yeah I guess. I just started posting here but I've been reading a while. I hate when vols fans bicker with each other. Id rather rub it in sooner fans' faces than other vol fans. I mean worley was not great last year but it was still obvious he was the best we had.

We've got some weak spots on this team, Worley isn't one of them. I'm impressed with his poise under pressure.

my one knock on worley is the deep ball. Still haven't seen him hit a receiver running deep in stride. Maybe I never will. But as far as the other throws. He's making them ALL tonight.

Worley has earned my prospect this year. He is playing as good as anyone with a 260lb DE in his grill every play and not backing down.

Why won't Worley keep the ball when it is wide open? Every other HS and college QB does. Jones needs to hire an offensive and defensive coordinator if he ever expects to be competitive. Embarrassing for these younger kids playing their hearts out

VN Store

Back