IMO this will be Butch's last game

Butch won't be canned until his overall record this year is < .500. Even then I don't believe and am not calling for a firing during the season at any point. However, he should not be retained past December.

If he is to be fired it's a bad idea to wait that long. Any coach worth a damn will be off the table and it will hurt recruiting much more.

I see some logic in an early firing and an interim coach. It may be the best way to assure a good hire and stabilize recruiting.. However this assumes you have an administration that is on top of things and is clearly dedicated to fielding a championship caliber program.. Which unfortunately, IMO, UT's is not...

Reactions: 2 people
If you are a true Tennessee fan, you will root for our opponent every remaining game this year so that Lyle is replaced as soon as possible. Think about it...would you rather Dooley have won a couple more games in 2012 and gotten another year? Or looking back on it, are you glad we went 5-7 and moved on to a new coach? I like Jones personally and wish him the best going forward. But he has been well compensated and has simply reached his peak here.

Yesterday the team was flat. It happens, especially with a big game last week and another one next week. Even the fans were flat. I'm beginning to wonder if Tennessee fans deserve a winning football team. Players are affected by your negativity. When you say you support the team, but not the coaches, you are lying. The coaches are part of the team. Is there a point in a coaching tenure that a change becomes necessary? Yes, it happened here with Bowden Wyatt, Bill Battle, and Derek Dooley. Are we at that point with Butch Jones? Not even close. If you're not on board with this coaching staff, you're part of the problem.

Oh boy, another 'it's the fan's fault' post....

Reactions: 3 people
Will he fire a 3-5 coach after Bama hangs 50 on us?

It doesn't help when we run a fast pace offense against a team like bama you go 3 and out 3 times in a row u can't stop the flood. Sometimes you have to slow the game down and burn clock to save 50 from being dropped on us.

Currie will let the season play out. He's not firing a 3-2 coach in October.

Bingo! Especially one who has been classy and dug us out of several issues. APR & ultimately the roster was abysmal on his arrival. But yes even if at 3-2 and if in blowout fashion they won't and shouldn't move on Butch.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't want an interim to come in and win a few games against Ky, Mizzou, LSU and Vandy and get the chance to win the job.

Reactions: 3 people
If you are a true Tennessee fan, you will root for our opponent every remaining game this year so that Lyle is replaced as soon as possible. Think about it...would you rather Dooley have won a couple more games in 2012 and gotten another year? Or looking back on it, are you glad we went 5-7 and moved on to a new coach? I like Jones personally and wish him the best going forward. But he has been well compensated and has simply reached his peak here.

Freak, is there a dislike button?

Stopped reading here... Stoooopid..

Just being realistic and practical. I'm thinking about the long-term health of the program, while you are thinking short-term. Do you think Alabama fans look back and wish Shula had squeezed out a couple more meaningless wins each year and was still their coach?

Yesterday the team was flat. It happens, especially with a big game last week and another one next week. Even the fans were flat. I'm beginning to wonder if Tennessee fans deserve a winning football team. Players are affected by your negativity. When you say you support the team, but not the coaches, you are lying. The coaches are part of the team. Is there a point in a coaching tenure that a change becomes necessary? Yes, it happened here with Bowden Wyatt, Bill Battle, and Derek Dooley. Are we at that point with Butch Jones? Not even close. If you're not on board with this coaching staff, you're part of the problem.

Oh ok, my bad

Just being realistic and practical. I'm thinking about the long-term health of the program, while you are thinking short-term. Do you think Alabama fans look back and wish Shula had squeezed out a couple more meaningless wins each year and was still their coach?

Whatever, I find it physically impossible to pull for an opponent to beat the Vols. I do tend to think long term I just don't think UT's administration does when it comes to having a program on the level of Bama, Clemson, etc.. IMO they 'go thru the motions' but I don't think they really care.

Whatever, I find it physically impossible to pull for an opponent to beat the Vols. I do tend to think long term I just don't think UT's administration does when it comes to having a program on the level of Bama, Clemson, etc.. IMO they 'go thru the motions' but I don't think they really care.

Yeah I'm just kinda trolling to be honest. I still root for us to win no matter the situation.

well, I sure hope we show up and BEAT GEORGIA, but if we don't I still don't think Butch will be fired...just don't see it happening this year, and

GO VOLS...BEAT DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dooley was fired with one game left in the season

Dooley didn't have December signing period either

Will boil down to if they have a guy on the hook who wants the job.

A guy not coaching currently or a Coordinator. If they want a current HC they may decide to wait. I don't see that happening though. Environment looks to be getting toxic. Empty seats and boos raining is probably not how new AD imagined his first season.

:lolabove:

Your dreaming. The only way he gets fired mid-season is if an asst coach takes over.

Chip Kelly can do more harm than good in two weeks with a new scheme.

Best we could hope for is someone else to call the plays.

We need to start sending out feelers for Dan Mullen, Justin Fuentes, and other not too old coaches with a great track record. There are only a handful of them out there. Otherwise we have to take a chance on an OC or DC.

VN Store

Back