Imagine having DJ Burns in the mix with this team

Imagine if Uros was back. There are games I would like to have him to rough up some of the inside bangers. Tobe does this pretty well but there are games old Uros could certainly help. Burns is fun to watch but I bet Oakland runs him out of the gym later today. It is his 7th game in 11 days.
If Uros was still here, we would not be going to the sweet sixteen.

he scores 24 and 11 to go to sweet 16, he’s the ACC tournament mvp, and you think it’s sarcasm when someone saysthat he could make a difference. Christ.
Good for DJ Burns. I honestly am glad to see him have success and I bet Rick Barnes is, too. His success validates what Barnes saw in him when he recruited him. He would be even better if he got himself in better physical condition, which he was on track to do at UT before he got off the path that Rick Barnes demands of his players and went his own way.

The DJ Burns ship has sailed from UT and UT is doing just fine without him and saying they would be better with Burns is pure conjecture on your part- we don’t know that. IMO, the whole point of your posts on this and other threads is to find subtle, passive-aggressive ways to throw shade at Coach Barnes because you don’t like him.

Reactions: Vols till I fall
Personally, I’m really looking forward to ZZ dishing to “Estrellia” (and Phillips) next year.
I believe JP is much quicker and athletic than most 5’s.
Enjoying this current ride immensely, but also can’t wait to see JP and Cade running regular next year.
Yes, I know it’s Estrella, still laughing at Thurs. nights crew. The one guy simply could not pronounce his name !

Reactions: HalfullVol
He's gained so much weight, man. I thought he waw big at Tennessee but the way he looks rn is shocking.

Man been eating good down there in NC state

He's gained so much weight, man. I thought he waw big at Tennessee but the way he looks rn is shocking.

Man been eating good down there in NC state
Think they list him at 260 lbs - NO WAY that cat is over 300 being 6’-9” and that big around!

Last edited:
Good for DJ Burns. I honestly am glad to see him have success and I bet Rick Barnes is, too. His success validates what Barnes saw in him when he recruited him. He would be even better if he got himself in better physical condition, which he was on track to do at UT before he got off the path that Rick Barnes demands of his players and went his own way.

The DJ Burns ship has sailed from UT and UT is doing just fine without him and saying they would be better with Burns is pure conjecture on your part- we don’t know that. IMO, the whole point of your posts on this and other threads is to find subtle, passive-aggressive ways to throw shade at Coach Barnes because you don’t like him.
You mean a discussion about a hypothetical is full of conjecture?! Wow thanks for explaining that! Smh

If you think I don’t like Barnes, you’re an idiot. I don’t think I’ve ever said a disparaging word about him on here. Ever.

If we could have had anybody, I would have liked to have Hatfield. He was a good young player that didn’t want to earn his playing time.

Reactions: knox73
Barnes in an interview, on SportsAnimal, that our S&C coach has a pic of Burns, right before he left UT and just said, "he looks a lot different, now". He praised Burns' skills and talent, but kinda insinuated that in his current shape, he was too big.

Burns was jogging quite a bit up and down the floor during the Oakland game yesterday.

You mean a discussion about a hypothetical is full of conjecture?! Wow thanks for explaining that! Smh

If you think I don’t like Barnes, you’re an idiot. I don’t think I’ve ever said a disparaging word about him on here. Ever.

Good to hear you like Barnes- UT is lucky to have him. I don’t appreciate your juvenile insult but whatever floats your boat.

Burns was jogging quite a bit up and down the floor during the Oakland game yesterday.
Despite being less fit than his teammates he's not dragging up and down the floor -- compared to an average person he's very for even if he's heavy. You won't see him flashing outside on pick and rolls and you won't see him picking up guards on a switch, at least not very much. That's the kind of thing Coach Barnes expects of Aidoo and Awaka (Aidoo's perimeter defense in the final bit of the Georgia game comes to mind). Burns would get on the floor for us because if his defensive weaknesses, but it's a lot of fun watching him succeed at NC State.

i know someone will say, "well we wouldn't have had a scholarship for x player" but imagine we made the numbers work and had Jonas, Tobe, and DJ rotating. this is the first time in my life that i wish marijuana didn't exist lol
John Lennon would be very disappointed in you OP.

Good to hear you like Barnes- UT is lucky to have him. I don’t appreciate your juvenile insult but whatever floats your boat.
It was a conditional insult. If you realize I like Barnes, you’re not an idiot. I didn’t really appreciate that juvenile and baseless suggestion that I’m a troll with an agenda against Barnes. But hey, we’re all good. Now we’re clear, I’m a Barnes supporter, and you’re not an idiot ;)

It was a conditional insult. If you realize I like Barnes, you’re not an idiot. I didn’t really appreciate that juvenile and baseless suggestion that I’m a troll with an agenda against Barnes. But hey, we’re all good. Now we’re clear, I’m a Barnes supporter, and you’re not an idiot ;)
I think if anything, this is why I like Barnes. He wouldn't put up with someone like DJ....and didn't. He's fat and lazy. Burns is also good. If he committed himself to staying in shape more than he was to the bud, dude would be fricking amazing, but if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle so...

VN Store

Back