If you ran into Butch Jones..........

There's a LOT that I would want to say....but in the end, I think I wouldn't make it past "Hello, Coach...."

What is there that actually NEEDS to be said to him....
He's already been exposed.....to the nation.....

I think it will be interesting to watch and see if he lands another coaching job anywhere else....

Reactions: 1 person
Well he did go winless in the SEC and the only thing that kept him from going 4 and 8 is they fired his no coaching butt.
Yup. winless in the SEC as long as he was here. And he was fired.

3f29dfcaebb703e379b3538a035d38ee--adult-children-adults-acting-like-children.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I would say THANK YOU for taking over a program that was in shambles. THANK YOU for doing your best and I am sorry for you and the program it did not work out. I wish you much success in the future and probably close with a sincere handshake and say Go Vols!

Anything negative says more about the person making the comments than Coach Jones. For the record, I wanted him gone but come on people show some class!

Reactions: 11 people
I would try to learn from his mistakes (if given enough time).

I would compliment him on his passion, enthusiasm and recruiting and then ask..."If you had to do it again at UT, would 1-2 things would you do different?"

Reactions: 2 people
I would say to stay "Resilient" that no matter he lost his job he should still consider himself a " Champion of life" and still has his"5 star heart"...It's not how you start,it's how u finish #BrickbyBrick homie😂😂😂😂

You shouldn't say any dayum thing if you can't say something nice. The man dragged us out of perpetual losing seasons into three bowl victories. And for just a time, gave us a glimpse of what we could be again someday. Thank him for that at least. Being a vile spiteful person only Trumpizes you and justifies the claims of many that Vols fans are a miserable, ungrateful and mean-spirited bunch of dumb hicks. I swear some of you so-called fans have the lifelong goal of making the rest of us look like the worst of the stereotypes outsiders have about us.

This. It appears most of VN is of a similar mind. The OP and a handful of others need an extra eggnog or two. I sincerely hope you aren't that miserable in real life.

Reactions: 4 people
You shouldn't say any dayum thing if you can't say something nice. The man dragged us out of perpetual losing seasons into three bowl victories. And for just a time, gave us a glimpse of what we could be again someday. Thank him for that at least. Being a vile spiteful person only Trumpizes you and justifies the claims of many that Vols fans are a miserable, ungrateful and mean-spirited bunch of dumb hicks. I swear some of you so-called fans have the lifelong goal of making the rest of us look like the worst of the stereotypes outsiders have about us.

Sincerely,

Betty Jones or Robert Mueller

I would say thank you for your service. You can't blame the man for taking the job. I feel like he worked hard the time he was here, and did the best he could. It just didn't work out. Time to move on.

Pretty much this. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
You shouldn't say any dayum thing if you can't say something nice. The man dragged us out of perpetual losing seasons into three bowl victories. And for just a time, gave us a glimpse of what we could be again someday. Thank him for that at least.

^^ Zackly this, pretty much. Kicking him when he is down, talking cheap to his face just reinforces the impression many have of us. Would you embarrass him if you had your lady with you, or only if you were alone? That's what I thought.

VN Store

Back