If you ran into Butch Jones..........

Id say thanks for bringing excitment back to the program. It was the most thrilling we've had in years.

I was all for multiple people gettin fired but its not personal. Some of you jokers think butch did something to you. It must be the opiods everyone keeps telling me about

Reactions: 2 people
I'd say "nice Hublot" and let him get on with his day. He doesn't deserve any thanks for his tenure at UT, but he also shouldn't be subject to derision given that '17 was the only bad year and it lead to the hire of a great new coach with a decently-stocked roster cupboard.

I would say I bet your replacement doesn't have as good a record as you five years from now. Fulmer botched the hire. You bring in the top coaches in the business and he brings in novices. Time will tell. Those top ten recruiting classes are now down to #45.

Are you not the same one that said Tn basketball was done because they fired your hero D Tyndall ? pretty sure you are.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd take a selfie with him and thank him for trying. Why people would be rude to someone who tried is just being a pathetic whining baby. Get over it, he didn't do as good as anyone wanted, but it's not like he sabotaged UT on purpose.

Reactions: 4 people
Id say thanks for bringing excitment back to the program. It was the most thrilling we've had in years.

I was all for multiple people gettin fired but its not personal. Some of you jokers think butch did something to you. It must be the opiods everyone keeps telling me about

Yep. Way too many taking a dam game result as a personal insult to their honor. :loco:

I'd take a selfie with him and thank him for trying. Why people would be rude to someone who tried is just being a pathetic whining baby. Get over it, he didn't do as good as anyone wanted, but it's not like he sabotaged UT on purpose.
He did give us the only two 9 win seasons in the last 10 years. Fulmer didn't in 2 of his last 3 years. Kiffin didn't, and Dooley didn't.

I would say I bet your replacement doesn't have as good a record as you five years from now. Fulmer botched the hire. You bring in the top coaches in the business and he brings in novices. Time will tell. Those top ten recruiting classes are now down to #45.

You do know in year 5 Butch was 0-8 in the SEC. And Butch lost to Ky and Vandy. You get this in year 5 Butch was 0-8 in SEC play.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing. I had no interest in him the day he was hired and I was proven exactly right over the four years it took everybody else to catch up. Things turned out exactly as any thoughtful individual would have predicted. Go after the AD if you want a real target.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing. I had no interest in him the day he was hired and I was proven exactly right over the four years it took everybody else to catch up. Things turned out exactly as any thoughtful individual would have predicted. Go after the AD if you want a real target.
Lol at least you said nothing to the man...
Not sure whether it’s sad or foreboding that your handle is only God forgives...so that is clearly not something u or some of volnation are ready to do yet. I agree with u on the ad it’s not his fault we hired him it was the Peter principle in action. I hope I Would be as polite to him as I would a teacher, pastor or a vendor I was firing or was being let go. I would ask him to Be introspective and honest with yourself to see what u could have done differently to get a better result so that u are a better coach at your next job. Butch was too caught up in his way to learn to adapt, improvise and overcome IMHO.
I guess I would tell him I appreciate the effort coach and what did u learn u would do differently.?

VN Store

Back