If you didn't already hate Paul Finebaum...

Lets see... last year, we took out half of florida and georgia and south c.'s QB as well. What do you think we will do to a banged up running QB with a equally young and under coached O Line? Hate to say it... but he's libel to get hurt playing us.

Reactions: 1 person
If by "closer than we want" you mean they might score a field kick.... maybe.

Personally, I think they will be seeing orange stars by the time Butch gets done with them.

They've nearly won at Auburn, at Wisconsin and at USC the past 3 years.

Not to mention they can't seem to keep the kids they do have from getting suspended and arrested. This just raises my bloodpressure..

Seriously what do some of you honestly expect some people to say????? That we will be playing in Atlanta the first weekend in December????? Warning for the near future Tennessee football hasn't been nationally relevant since 2001ish so until things improve the national media won't have much of anything positive to say. The criticism is warranted, so suck it up or don't watch.

Seriously what do some of you honestly expect some people to say????? That we will be playing in Atlanta the first weekend in December????? Warning for the near future Tennessee football hasn't been nationally relevant since 2001ish so until things improve the national media won't have much of anything positive to say. The criticism is warranted, so suck it up or don't watch.

Seriously . . . It's a mental disorder if you think anybody on TV hates your team.

So it's a weakness that they've got a bunch of new guys, but it's great that we've got 35 freshmen?

Have you seen their guys?

They are bringing in the number 106 ranked recruiting class as opposed to the number 5 class.

Piss your pants over Alabama and Florida. I can at least understand that.

If we don't beat USU it starts the season off on a down slope. It would be borderline disgraceful. Arkansas St. is a current better team than USU so we might as well just start off 0-2. We are not playing the team that hung in with Auburn and USC.

Seriously, Sunday night in Knoxville with 100K + and this game winds up closer than a 15 point win you might as well start plausibly looking at a 4-8 season.

Vols lose this game might as well go 0-12/

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Have you seen their guys?

They are bringing in the number 106 ranked recruiting class as opposed to the number 5 class.

Piss your pants over Alabama and Florida. I can at least understand that.

If we don't beat USU it starts the season off on a down slope. It would be borderline disgraceful. Arkansas St. is a current better team than USU. I mean we are not playing the team that hung in with Auburn and USC.

If this game is closer than 15 points it's disheartening.

We almost beat LSU with Doofus. We're talking moral victories here people, come on.

We almost beat Georgia last year when they were ranked 6th in the nation. See how easy that was?

Vols win 34-20

Miami team that lost to the Sugar Vol's says Hi!
Florida that lost to GA State last year says Hi!
Michigan that lost to Appy State says Hi! There tons more, u have to show up and play not just think talent will win the day.

Still I think we kick their tails back to Utah.
It Was Georgia Southern.. Kind of look foolish when you rant incorrectly buddy

This thinking needs to stop. There should be no way any Vol fan to think USU can get within 14 points of us. We are much more talented.

It is the stench of Dooley that lingers on this program....Butch always talks about it...these players need to get a couple of solid wins then the infection of positivity will spread :hi:

Vegas is usually pretty close with their betting lines. They have us as a 6.5 point favorite. Some of ya'll have very very brightly tinted orange sunglasses on.

Vegas is usually pretty close with their betting lines. They have us as a 6.5 point favorite. Some of ya'll have very very brightly tinted orange sunglasses on.

So a relatively equal number of the football betting populace thinks we'll win by 7 or greater, or 6 or less.

How does that impact the winner or loser of this game again? :)

So a relatively equal number of the football betting populace thinks we'll win by 7 or greater, or 6 or less.

How does that impact the winner or loser of this game again? :)

It has no impact on the game. It shows that the unbiased sports "experts" don't wear orange sunglasses and see it as a close game. Ftr, i think we win by 14.

Double digits by the time the season starts. The whole SEC footprint would jump all over 6 points like white on rice.

Remember a few months ago USU was favored at - 2.5 if i recall correctly.

Because of our OL, this game will be tight. 31-24 Vols

Our OL is much better than their DL. All the video I've found on them shows them being slow and making bad reads. With the skill players we have this game will not be close in the fourth quarter.

VN Store

Back