If UT loses to UF......

Reactions: tbh and MAUSERWERKE
Lack of work ethic is hard to re-teach. Alabama didnt get good again in Saban's first year. He had to cycle out a bunch of kids and get HIS players in the program. Also, these players only know Butch's crazy schemes and having to unlearn all that and re-learn it is an incredible task that wont produce very good results. Then throw on top of that everyone being "soft". that's not just a S&C problem, its a mental problem.

You have a lot of players on the team that were invested in Butch's program and are more than likely now thinking "I need to do the absolute minumum to get out of here and to a possible NFL career because they know this ship isnt going to get turned around to championship ball in 1 or 2 years. Butch had a lot of "all about me" players and now that we are in full rebuild mode, they know there isnt gonna be a championship like I'm sure Butch told them there might be when he recruited them.

Its very difficult for any coach to fight that mess and things really arent going to get appreciably better until those juniors and seniors are gone from the team.

Were all of Bama's pre Saban players gone on one year? <<<Rhetorical...

There is plenty enough talent in this roster to win if the coaching is adequate.

I will agree new schemes take time along with the benefit of new S&C benefits. However to intimate that the kids recruited by CBJ are somehow tainted beyond repair is more than a little bit insulting to them and this coaching staff.

Reactions: hog88
Were all of Bama's pre Saban players gone on one year? <<<Rhetorical...

There is plenty enough talent in this roster to win if the coaching is adequate.

I will agree new schemes take time along with the benefit of new S&C benefits. However to intimate that the kids recruited by CBJ are somehow tainted beyond repair is more than a little bit insulting to them and this coaching staff.

Thats what I'm intimating though. Like it or not. and its not so much an insult to the kids (victims) or new coaches (helpless) but a big indictment of Butch Jones, the worst human being to ever wear the orange and white.

As far as Bama, they were pretty bad in yr1, better in year 2 and won a natty in yr 3 when most or all of the previous regime's players were gone from the team.

These kids are at a very impressionable age and you absolutely CAN ruin them by teaching the wrong things. There just arent that many years that a player is in a program to turn them around, especially the juniors and seniors on this current team.

Can JG be a great player? Absolutely because he was exposed to a lot less of the Jones B.S. than the older players. But that's just ONE player.

Thats what I'm intimating though. Like it or not. and its not so much an insult to the kids (victims) or new coaches (helpless) but a big indictment of Butch Jones, the worst human being to ever wear the orange and white.

As far as Bama, they were pretty bad in yr1, better in year 2 and won a natty in yr 3 when most or all of the previous regime's players were gone from the team.

These kids are at a very impressionable age and you absolutely CAN ruin them by teaching the wrong things. There just arent that many years that a player is in a program to turn them around, especially the juniors and seniors on this current team.

Can JG be a great player? Absolutely because he was exposed to a lot less of the Jones B.S. than the older players. But that's just ONE player.

CBJ isnt even remotely close to being the worst human being to ever wear Orange and White. Do you actually put any thoughts into these posts?

We have rapists and murderers that have worn our colors...

The absolutley blind hatred of CBJ on this forum is pathetic, embarassing and ridiculous.

Reactions: butchna
If Tennessee loses to Florida, which SEC team will Tennessee be favored against. As of today none...Big question marks...… offensive line, defensive line, secondary, outside linebackers, Butch Jones syndrome (playing uninspired). Need to get young players on the field in a hurry and retire the older, ineffective players defense and offense...

You may very well see another 0-8 SEC season.

I'm already on record as saying UT wont win a road SEC game this year. After seeing UF get thumped by Kentucky on their own field, I see one of two possibilities...

We beat UF and UK and go on to have a nice 7 win season or we lose to both of them and Vandy too and go 0-8 in the SEC again.

I think UF, UK and VU are our only viable SEC wins this year. If UF beats us, watch out.

I'm actually thinking the same is true for Florida.

Vanderbilt on the road (who hung with Notre Dame) is no gimmee. Already lost to Kentucky. They may go 0-fer.

Vanderbilt on the road (who hung with Notre Dame) is no gimmee. Already lost to Kentucky. They may go 0-fer.
Yes, Florida faces the exact same challenge with their schedule. Two pretty tough sec west games just like UT. It could be a race to the bottom.

If UT loses to UF, I'll be drinking a lot more bourbon. If UT beats UF, I'll be drinking a lot more bourbon.

Reactions: GBOx2
predictions are overrated. especially this year.

we're not a great football team. the only things that would surprise me:
1. lose to Utep
2. lose to UNCC
3. beat UGA
4. beat Bama
5. beat Auburn

past that, everything esle is fair game, win or lose.
#3,4,and 5 are the thoughts of a delusional person.

Vanderbilt has learned to play this antagonistic style of football where they just frustrate what you're trying to do, hang around and force you off your game eventually. I was hoping Kentucky would Kentucky this year, but so far it looks like Stoops got them better in the off season. This UT team needs to get better with each game or we're going to lose to both of them yet again. The stars are waaaay out of alignment when you see UT and FLA simultaneously going through some of the worst down years they've ever known with no end in sight.

VN Store

Back