If not Martin, then who?

It would seem there's an opening on his staff right? Fancher and Pancratz left, all he did was promote a guy who was already on his staff, to the best of my knowledge nobody else was hired.

I have had an issue with the assistants for awhile, and have said as much. That definitely an option that Hart has, I'm not sure what Zo's response would be. What if he says no? Fire him and see what you can bring in?

I'm not sure about the staff spots. He's got Williams, Webster and Harris. He brought in Marco Harris and promoted him into fanchers spot and then Pancratz left. The three main assistants are Webster Williams and Harris and that's who I'm talking about replacing.

I remember the last game the "known commodity" coached before he was canned. I don't think I've ever seen a team literally quit on a coach like that team quit on Pearl. If I remember correctly, that 8-8 SEC team probably had the most talented roster of any U.T. team. Bruce Pearl is probably one of the least respected coaches in the profession.

What's the big idea of bringing facts into this discussion? :p

Seriously, no head coach worth his salt would come here if we fired a 20 win, 4th place, Ncaa bound coach.

With that said, I would want Wojo!

What's the big idea of bringing facts into this discussion? :p

Seriously, no head coach worth his salt would come here if we fired a 20 win, 4th place, Ncaa bound coach.

With that said, I would want Wojo!

Problem with Wojo is he leaves the day CMK steps down. Guys a winner and great recruiter with connects in Ga.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Problem with Wojo is he leaves the day CMK steps down. Guys a winner and great recruiter with connects in Ga.

Precisely.

Shouldn't be that hard to find a coach who has proven that he can win, believes Tennessee is a career job, and would ignite the fan base.

Where oh Where could we find such a coach? :question:

Could be less… I'd rather not risk it… I also hate the idea of having a coach who doesn't immerse himself in Tennessee traditions. Didn't like it when Lane and Big Ed came in town trying to recreate USC in Knoxville either.

So you wanna keep going the mid major route?

No more a risk than the main name this fanbase has been trumpeting. And better credentials too.

You've clearly not read what led to his miserable final seasons and dismissal from UCLA. He let the program spiral completely out of control. Let superstar players do pretty much whatever they wanted with no consequences. Multiple players transferred out of the program his last couple of years because they pretty much hated Howland.

This is a quote from a UCLA player under Howland.

"Guys drinking, guys doing drugs, guys not taking practice seriously, guys fighting," said one player. "You won't find that on the Pyramid of Success."

Read this article.

Partying, players disrespecting program led to problems at UCLA - SI.com - Magazine

Of course none of that is as serious as having a bbq then lying about it.

Reactions: 1 person
You've clearly not read what led to his miserable final seasons and dismissal from UCLA. He let the program spiral completely out of control. Let superstar players do pretty much whatever they wanted with no consequences. Multiple players transferred out of the program his last couple of years because they pretty much hated Howland.

This is a quote from a UCLA player under Howland.

"Guys drinking, guys doing drugs, guys not taking practice seriously, guys fighting," said one player. "You won't find that on the Pyramid of Success."

Read this article.

Partying, players disrespecting program led to problems at UCLA - SI.com - Magazine

Of course none of that is as serious as having a bbq then lying about it.

and this is the just the stuff that leaked. As a fan you wants no part of Howland. A former writer for Ucla got threaten with legal action about a story involving Howland, Delta Zeta's and a weekend in Vegas. Howland is bad news. As far as Pearl, really dont care to see him back in SEC but 3 years is enough. I guess the saying about people not having forgiveness for a liar and theft applies here.

The only proven guy we could hire is Pearl. Do I want us to? yes. Will the admin do it? No. So then it goes back to BTO's post of firing someone just to fire them. We would most likely end up with another somewhat unproven mid major candidate. It's going to be hard to sell the fanbase on any up and coming coach.

Would you say that mid major is the only option?

Who do you think would make Tennessee a career place and has a proven record? Anyone come to mind?

Who out there at a high major who's been very successful would consider Tennessee his career job?

Not many people grow up, or go through the coaching ranks saying "man, I really hope I can end up at Tennessee one day".

Probably same people who are saying if not CM then who when we cut Dooley loose.These same people probably never grace Thompson Boling Arena.The change is needed nobody knows all the guys out there but there is a bunch that could do this job Pearl showed we could win.If you like NIT or barely scrapping in to NCAA by all means lets keep CM

Probably same people who are saying if not CM then who when we cut Dooley loose.These same people probably never grace Thompson Boling Arena.The change is needed nobody knows all the guys out there but there is a bunch that could do this job Pearl showed we could win.If you like NIT or barely scrapping in to NCAA by all means lets keep CM

Name some names

I agree with you. I personally am a Pearl fan, maybe I'm holding on to the past. But I am not okay with mediocrity either. Some is I don't like CM style of play. I like the defensive mindset bc you can play with anyone, but without kids with a lot of heart who are sold out for that system, which is hard to find nowadays, it's not going to work. I like the idea we can play with anyone, but we can't finish. I want to be a top 10 team again. What about Byrd at Belmont?

The only proven guy we could hire is Pearl. Do I want us to? yes. Will the admin do it? No. So then it goes back to BTO's post of firing someone just to fire them. We would most likely end up with another somewhat unproven mid major candidate. It's going to be hard to sell the fanbase on any up and coming coach.

If I win Buffet's bracket challenge, don't you worry about Bruce Pearl and UT Basketball. I will write a check for 25 million to Hart and say let's do it like Dusty on Pure Country

VN Store

Back