If not Martin, then who?

I like him to and Tyndall. Are we saying Zo is moving after this year or next? The reason I ask if it's next year, I'm going to keep my eye on Will Wade and see what he does next year at UTC.

Wade would be a disappointing hire IMO

He flamed out this year after a nice start, even if they make it next year that not showing me much. He needs to go somewhere in between UTC & UT IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of Tyndall, he's likely gonna miss the dance again this year, that makes 3 years in a row with no NCAAT.

tumblr_mju2541EBV1s4pi7to1_400.gif

Most of of you are so willing to oust Martin, but most of you aren't providing any suitable replacements. Howland is not the answer, and Smart or Marshall are not leaving their respected schools for the petty cash our administration is offering. We're getting exactly what we're paying for.

It`s not our job to provide a replacement. That is Harts job.

I don't want to fire Cuonzo and hire another mid major coach who will continue our mediocrity. We can continue our mediocrity with Cuonzo. Bruce is a known commodity who can win. But could he or would he come back? Would the incompetents in the administration let Hart rehire him?

I don't want to fire Cuonzo and hire another mid major coach who will continue our mediocrity. We can continue our mediocrity with Cuonzo. Bruce is a known commodity who can win. But could he or would he come back? Would the incompetents in the administration let Hart rehire him?

I remember the last game the "known commodity" coached before he was canned. I don't think I've ever seen a team literally quit on a coach like that team quit on Pearl. If I remember correctly, that 8-8 SEC team probably had the most talented roster of any U.T. team. Bruce Pearl is probably one of the least respected coaches in the profession.

Reactions: 1 person
I find it odd that people would conclude their stance on CCM based on whether or not we make the dance at this point. It's really out of his hands. If you believe he's the guy, and the committee snubs us are you going to change your opinion? If we get in and make it to the weekend are you going to think he deserves an extension?

Just seems silly to base everything on whether he sneaks in or not. I have noticed some fans taking this stance and honestly I could see UT taking the same approach due to finances.

You've got 3 years of data on this guy. Why let a committee make your decision? Either you believe he's the answer or you don't.

Sorry for the rant.

It`s not our job to provide a replacement. That is Harts job.

You're right, but considering you have rooting interest involved, you should also realize all the dynamics that take place after you fire a coach. Hart realizes all of this and it's exactly why your input means about as much to him my input for P.O.T.U.S.

I find it odd that people would conclude their stance on CCM based on whether or not we make the dance at this point. It's really out of his hands. If you believe he's the guy, and the committee snubs us are you going to change your opinion? If we get in and make it to the weekend are you going to think he deserves an extension?

Just seems silly to base everything on whether he sneaks in or not. I have noticed some fans taking this stance and honestly I could see UT taking the same approach due to finances.

You've got 3 years of data on this guy. Why let a committee make your decision? Either you believe he's the answer or you don't.

Sorry for the rant.

So if he's back next year in your opinion Hart thinks "he's the answer"?

So if he's back next year in your opinion Hart thinks "he's the answer"?

No. I think it's based off finances and other factors. Maybe in the UTAD eyes he hasn't been bad enough to be fired. That's how they operate.

My stance is this: Ask yourself: Do I think he's the guy? If I was hiring today, would I hire CCM again?

I say no to both.

No. I think it's based off finances and other factors. Maybe in the UTAD eyes he hasn't been bad enough to be fired. That's how they operate.

My stance is this: Ask yourself: Do I think he's the guy? If I was hiring today, would I hire CCM again?

I say no to both.

Your post makes it sound, you either believe he's the answer or not, regardless of what happens. So it would seem if you don't think he's the answer surely you wouldn't retain him, and surely you wouldn't extend him, no?

Furthermore, if we fired him would anybody hire the guy? If so, would it be a job the equivalent of UT?

My answer is no to both of those questions.

Furthermore, if we fired him would anybody hire the guy? If so, would it be a job the equivalent of UT?

My answer is no to both of those questions.

Even more reason to make a move, no?

And by that logic, will Pearl land and equal job to Tennessee? If not, then Tennessee shouldn't even consider hiring him?

Your post makes it sound, you either believe he's the answer or not, regardless of what happens. So it would seem if you don't think he's the answer surely you wouldn't retain him, and surely you wouldn't extend him, no?

Me? I would fire him a week from today if his season was over. I don't think UT will do that, especially if he advances to the round of 32.

If I was UT and I was forced to retain him, I'd extend him. It would harm our program to keep him with so few years left and never receiving an extension.

Even more reason to make a move, no?

And by that logic, will Pearl land and equal job to Tennessee? If not, then Tennessee shouldn't even consider hiring him?

They don't think like me. I don't know where Pearl will land. If he waits til next year, he will land a better job than he would this year due to his show cause.

I don't think I've ever seen a team literally quit on a coach like that team quit on Pearl. If I remember correctly, that 8-8 SEC team probably had the most talented roster of any U.T. team. Bruce Pearl is probably one of the least respected coaches in the profession.

Dumb post is dumb.

Most talented? lol

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back