If Jackson injury serious, what are options?

ahhh

except nobody is knocking him. I said the same thing as you. He is a guard.

And Gilliam was a walk on that shouldn't start and Crowder is an unathletic center that should get surpassed. I think I defend these guys because I have been proven wrong over and over about how difficult it is to beat experience on the oline.

Reactions: 1 person
ahhh

except nobody is knocking him. I said the same thing as you. He is a guard.

Which is true. He was a guard who had never played tackle that was thrust into the position due to injuries and no one better. He had to prepare each week for games last year and could not spend very much time working on technique of playing the position. Just the way it was.

What I'm being told is he has spent a tremendous amount of this off season working technique and learning how to be a tackle. At this point that has paid off in that he is far ahead of anyone else at that position.

The season will tell all of us if the staff is right or wrong with their assessment.

Reactions: 3 people
Is there any reason Charles Mosley could not fill one of the Guard spots, Other than the internal discipline?

I would also like to see Mosley get some 1st team reps there. He's a big big powerful man that can drive people off the ball.

Hopefully someone else will step up take over at Jackson's spot, (he's a senior and that hurts) his leadership will be missed. The Oline is the reason I keep telling myself to be realistic in my expectations of team 119, especially after watching the Oline struggle so much last year.
Go Vol's

big charles is just newer there. Hes talented But its going to take time to develop. He will be a monster on the inside when he gets his shot. Robertson and big charles could be tough to deal with in the interior one day in the next couple years.

You obviously think he is talented. What is keeping you from saying "he has a good shot at starting this year?" Other than the injury, full participant in the Spring so he's not injured, missed some strength and conditioning. He was mentored for the OL last year.

Last edited:
No one stepping up to challenge Kyler Kerbyson is very concerning.....He's the best answer at LT presently. Now the Vol's have more worries, with Marcus Jackson's injury.....got to get this Oline fixed......soon

No one stepping up to challenge Kyler Kerbyson is very concerning.....He's the best answer at LT presently. Now the Vol's have more worries, with Marcus Jackson's injury.....got to get this Oline fixed......soon

Could it not be that Kyler has learned the position and has gotten significantly better than last year. As previously stated, he was playing out of position last year and was forced to learn while he played. With last year's experience and an entire off season to improve, it is entirely possible that he is the best at the position due to hard work and experience. He is a good O-lineman that has added another position to his repertoire. Adds more options to the O-line.

Reactions: 2 people
Could it not be that Kyler has learned the position and has gotten significantly better than last year. As previously stated, he was playing out of position last year and was forced to learn while he played. With last year's experience and an entire off season to improve, it is entirely possible that he is the best at the position due to hard work and experience. He is a good O-lineman that has added another position to his repertoire. Adds more options to the O-line.

We'll see.

The biggest question mark going into this season is the O-Line and we may have just lost our starting LG for the first half of the season. That REALLY sucks.

Damn I hope it isn't too serious. O-Line injuries could derail a season quick.

Last edited:
To me there has been zero light shed on this injury other than that he is hurt. I'm choosing optimism ha. Can't deal with another 30 sack year.

Yes he has already taken a RS. As for who will replace him, it would have to be Sanders or Big Charles. If not one of them it'll be one of the true freshmen. The only other option, which seems unlikely, is if Blair steps up at LT they could slide Kerbyson over to LG.

I think Kerbyson moving to guard would be a solid move.

Good news is we have options at guard. I guess if Marcus' injury is a 2-3 month deal then our Oline might look like this come BGSU: This is my hope for BGSU not what I believe will happen
LT Kendrick (give him a shot. He isn't the prototype for a LT but I wouldn't be against giving him a shot at LT at least for a half)
LG Robertson ( I think they will move him to left in this situation. Could also keep him at RG just for familiarity purposes.)
C Crowder (Experience and chemistry at C. May not be our most talented but definitely most experienced)
RG Kerbyson (He can be really good at guard. Also could slide to LG if need be. Also Dylan Weisman here wouldn't be horrible)
RT Richmond (So far in practice he seems to be showing good athleticism and good coach-ability. Also Coleman Thomas is a go here along with Kendrick)

All in all we still have options but it still is horrible to see Jackson go down. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

This is what I believe will happen. Butch won't mess with too many positions. He will just try to fill the hole and keep everyone where they are.

The likely starting lineup is probably
LT Kerbyson
LG Weisman
C Crowder
RG Robertson
RT Kendrick

I trust our coaches to make the moves that are best for the team.
This is not XBox or Nintendo.
Kerbyson is our LT this year; for better or worse.
LWS knows what he is talking about........

man i hope marcus isnt hurt too bad, he deserves a good season, has stuck it out over a rough period

The Vol's winning 8 or 9 games is dependent upon the Oline getting much better than last year, or that's the way I view it, you?

Prayers to Marcus.

This is all because I didn't say "no injuries" in the hopeful spring expectations thread.

VN Store

Back