If Jackson injury serious, what are options?

If it's a fracture he could easily be capable of playing in a cast in 3 weeks. If it's a bad break I agree, he'll be out for 7-8 weeks.

the only game you would like to have him in the first 3 is OU. They have no Jordan Phillips in the middle this yr which is good. But maybe by UF or Arky. Hopefully its not a bad break and we see him in about 3-5 weeks. who knows.

Losing Jackson would be a serious blow. I think it will result in Richmond and Kendrick starting but where they will play seems up in the air. Kendrick did okay at LT and it seems that Kerbyson is more naturally a guard so maybe Richmond at RT, Kendrick at LT, and Kerbyson at LG. As another poster said, it is also possible that Sanders or someone else steps into the LG spot. Setting aside the McKenzie highlight, Sanders is supposed to be very strong and played okay last year. Plus, I think he has real potential given Bama, etc., really wanted him. Even though there seem to be better options this year to replace an injured OL starter, I really hope Jackson is okay. This is yet another example of the wages of Dooley is lack of depth.

Reactions: 2 people
LT- Kendrick
LG Kerybyson
C Crowder
RG Roberson
RT Richmond

This is a better combination.

Or

Freshman, Drew Richmond is better than 5th year senior Kerybson. Kerybson is a guard.
Put Richmond at first team tackle and stop playing around.

Kendrick and Richmond are our best tackles, period.
Thomas has the skill to be a good tackle, but he has to decide that. He seems set on playing center. So move forward with what we know.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems like KK is penciled in at LT. Unless he's injured, I don't think anyone else plays LT.

the plus is that Kyler play Guard. But it sucks that Jackson is hurt. If hes able to come back fairly early in the schedule then this is not a terrible situation.

Honestly I hope to see this push Kyler Kerbyson inside to guard. I got so tired of seeing ends run around and through him last year. He seems to be an unquestioned starter and always in that top 5 lineman but I just don't see it at tackle. If that doesn't happen then seeing big Charles on one side and Robertson on the other doesn't sound too bad. Two men of that size/strength should be able to open up some holes for the run game.

Honestly I hope to see this push Kyler Kerbyson inside to guard. I got so tired of seeing ends run around and through him last year. He seems to be an unquestioned starter and always in that top 5 lineman but I just don't see it at tackle. If that doesn't happen then seeing big Charles on one side and Robertson on the other doesn't sound too bad. Two men of that size/strength should be able to open up some holes for the run game.

i know richmond may not have all the strength but id feel good knowing we atleast had a tackle with the athleticism to get to some of these guys coming off the edge. I love kyler but the guy is a Guard.

If they have two OTs beside Kerbyson they feel good about, they might move him inside.

I wouldn't mind getting a look at a Kendrick-Kerbyson-Crowder-Robertson-Richmond line.

Is there any reason Charles Mosley could not fill one of the Guard spots, Other than the internal discipline?

Reactions: 2 people
Is there any reason Charles Mosley could not fill one of the Guard spots, Other than the internal discipline?

I'd love to see him fill a guard spot but I'm just not sure he is good enough yet. Don't hear much about his play, he hasn't had many practices on the OL, and I'm not sure his conditioning is where it needs to be(who can blame him, big guy breaks his leg its hard to keep the weight off and get into playing shape.)

If they have two OTs beside Kerbyson they feel good about, they might move him inside.

I wouldn't mind getting a look at a Kendrick-Kerbyson-Crowder-Robertson-Richmond line.

My thoughts exactly. Think this would be what we see.

I agree with this. Thomas and Kerby at tackle last year got our QB hit quite a bit last year.

Too much guessing. I'm waiting for the conspiracy theorist to post in order for this to turn into a true VN thread.

agree but Mosley has to have a look in this...

I'm not counting on him to do much this year between the discipline he'll face and the fact that he's still recovering from injury and whatnot.

I expect him to play a big part in the LG competition come spring though.

Edit: I'd like to see Mosley get down to around 325-330ish befor we need to count on him. But at the very least we could depend on him to not give ground this year.

I'd love to see him fill a guard spot but I'm just not sure he is good enough yet. Don't hear much about his play, he hasn't had many practices on the OL, and I'm not sure his conditioning is where it needs to be(who can blame him, big guy breaks his leg its hard to keep the weight off and get into playing shape.)

That's just it we don't hear anything. Good, bad, BIG ugly.

That's just it we don't hear anything. Good, bad, BIG ugly.

if you are not hearing anything it is likely because the player in question (no matter who) is not making any sort of move. Why we haven't heard anything on Blair also

Was told again this morning Kerbyson is far in front of any other option at left tackle.

if you are not hearing anything it is likely because the player in question (no matter who) is not making any sort of move. Why we haven't heard anything on Blair also

big charles is just newer there. Hes talented But its going to take time to develop. He will be a monster on the inside when he gets his shot. Robertson and big charles could be tough to deal with in the interior one day in the next couple years.

Last edited:
big charles is just newer there. Hes talented But its going to take time to develop. He will be a monster on the inside when he gets his shot. Robertson and big charles could be tough to deal with in the interior one day in the next couple years.

I agree. for most players it is a 2 or 3 year development cycle to be productive.

thats trouble.

Or as some reports have said, he's gotten much better. He is playing out of position but he's fending off guys with more length. Says something for his experience and work. We go through this every year knocking some guy then said guy goes out and we are like man wish we had him right now.

Examples:
Gilliam
Crowder
Sullins twins (Remember when we had those newbs starting and line was rough? Everyone swore replacing walk ons would be an improvement)
, Cody Pope is the only returning offensive lineman who has game experience, and he will be counted on to avoid foolish false start penalties from the many freshmen in this unit.

Or as some reports have said, he's gotten much better. He is playing out of position but he's fending off guys with more length. Says something for his experience and work. We go through this every year knocking some guy then said guy goes out and we are like man wish we had him right now.

Examples:
Gilliam
Crowder
Sullins twins (Remember when we had those newbs starting and line was rough? Everyone swore replacing walk ons would be an improvement)

ahhh

except nobody is knocking him. I said the same thing as you. He is a guard.

VN Store

Back