If Jackson injury serious, what are options?

TOS has several longtime posters saying Jackson has a broken arm and will be out estimated 8-10 weeks.
Hopefully, those rumors are wrong.
We will probably find out tomorrow.

First off, has he already redshirted?
Would he be eligible for a medical redshirt?
As for Team 119, how does this shakeup the starting Oline?
First, his arm was sheared off and he'll never walk again. There are no options. You know it, I know it, and the man in the moon knows it. We are finished! It's over! Before it even started, it's over! They are dropping like flies, losing men to injury, disease, daily defections, infections, bisections, dissections, and all other sorts of plague and pestilence. Bad luck follows wherever we go. It's part of our DNA now. I've been threatening to do something for a long time now, and now I'm going to do it.

I'M GOING TO CLOSE MY EYES, PLUG MY EARS, AND GO COMPLETELY BALD-HEADED CRAZY BECAUSE I HAVE

HIGH ANXIETY

Reactions: 3 people
I think it was Rucker who reported 8+ weeks on him. Is there a chance he could fight through and contribute at all since this is his last year of eligibility? - Could he pull a Gilliam?

UT has not put out official word on the injury. the media is getting different estimates from different people. They are basing it on their sources.

Wes probably had someone ell him maybe back in 8 weeks or a little more (think that is how he stated it). Volquest has different perspective and they are hearing he is done. I'm getting the same thing, finished.

Sure when UT releases something ( if they do, Marcus may not want it released and if he doesn't they can't) we will get the real skinny.

Its an estimate either way. All depends on how a person does with rehab and how much they work at it. We don't have any history on Marcus coming back from injuries.

IMO, he won't play anymore this year.

UT has not put out official word on the injury. the media is getting different estimates from different people. They are basing it on their sources.

Wes probably had someone ell him maybe back in 8 weeks or a little more (think that is how he stated it). Volquest has different perspective and they are hearing he is done. I'm getting the same thing, finished.

Sure when UT releases something ( if they do, Marcus may not want it released and if he doesn't they can't) we will get the real skinny.

Its an estimate either way. All depends on how a person does with rehab and how much they work at it. We don't have any history on Marcus coming back from injuries.

i enjoy what you bring but damn you have never brought good news once haha. just giving you a hard time. :)

i enjoy what you bring but damn you have never brought good news once haha. just giving you a hard time. :)

you know why that is? :)

Good news gets out really quick and everyone has it.

Bad news has to be extracted by water boarding and takes longer. Everyone has their ear to the ground trying to find it. I just happen to find it a little quicker. :yes:

Reactions: 1 person

Bad news has to be extracted by water boarding and takes longer. Everyone has their ear to the ground trying to find it. I just happen to find it a little quicker. :yes:
Your the man Larry.So to make up for all the bad news give us a little recruiting nugget. I know you have a few.:)

So LWS, you're admitting that you're actively waterboarding one of the position coaches? Can you please lean a little closer to this innocent looking lapel pin on my collar and say that again? I'd appreciate it.

Heh, just messing with you, appreciate your insights as always. Hate it for Jackson, though.

It's almost a certainty at this time of year, when the contact practices begin, the injuries are inevitable.

But for this to happen to Marcus Jackson, it really is sad to hear. The guy has been a rock on unit that has really been a trial. A guy who has been a model student and athlete. The only good thing is that this sounds like an injury that he can recover from completely and be as good as ever.

Your the man Larry.So to make up for all the bad news give us a little recruiting nugget. I know you have a few.:)

to be honest with you, the only commitment's name I know is Guarantano, the QB. I'm not sure who else we have committed.

I stopped keeping up with recruiting 5 or 6 years ago when things became a 365 day cycle. Just takes too much time. I'll check on it after first of the year and the bowl game. Plenty time to figure out who we got then.

Now if in conversation someone did drop me a nugget, I would likely talk about it. :) But I've not heard anything significant.

to be honest with you, the only commitment's name I know is Guarantano, the QB. I'm not sure who else we have committed.

I stopped keeping up with recruiting 5 or 6 years ago when things became a 365 day cycle. Just takes too much time. I'll check on it after first of the year and the bowl game. Plenty time to figure out who we got then.

Now if in conversation someone did drop me a nugget, I would likely talk about it. :) But I've not heard anything significant.

Thanks Larry always appreciate what you bring to this board.Your info is always right on the money .

I'm hearing they're afraid it's some sort of spinal stenosis, supposedly he got hit and lost feeling in his arm or something similar.

So they're running tests to find out if it's career ending

Thanks for the news. What a shame.

I'm hearing they're afraid it's some sort of spinal stenosis, supposedly he got hit and lost feeling in his arm or something similar.

So they're running tests to find out if it's career ending

This happened to me in middle school tackling drills. I told the coach I couldn't feel my arms he said tough do it again. He made me do the drill again and again and again and again. I literally couldn't raise or even feel my arms. They were completely numb for like two hours. Lasting effect none. My coach? My dad. Moral of story? None. I hope Marcus heals quickly!!

This happened to me in middle school tackling drills. I told the coach I couldn't feel my arms he said tough do it again. He made me do the drill again and again and again and again. I literally couldn't raise or even feel my arms. They were completely numb for like two hours. Lasting effect none. My coach? My dad. Moral of story? None. I hope Marcus heals quickly!!

cool story bro!!

First, his arm was sheared off and he'll never walk again. There are no options. You know it, I know it, and the man in the moon knows it. We are finished! It's over! Before it even started, it's over! They are dropping like flies, losing men to injury, disease, daily defections, infections, bisections, dissections, and all other sorts of plague and pestilence. Bad luck follows wherever we go. It's part of our DNA now. I've been threatening to do something for a long time now, and now I'm going to do it.

I'M GOING TO CLOSE MY EYES, PLUG MY EARS, AND GO COMPLETELY BALD-HEADED CRAZY BECAUSE I HAVE

HIGH ANXIETY
:lolabove:

and doing so might make you feel good, but it won't help Jackson in any way.

and if Volunteer08 was a Christian and prayed would it help or would the result be the same for Jackson? Maybe sending good positive thoughts or intentions directly to a person will help. hmmmm just a thought.

VN Store

Back