If holly really love lady vols she need to step down!!

Don't know of you watched the SC game where they dismantled Louisville, but the Gamecocks offense looks really crisp now. Lots of movement and crisp passing without unnecessary dribbling. They are definitely seeing improvement with the hiring of Melanie Balcomb. If Tennessee is going to be stuck with Holly, she needs to create a role similar to the one Melanie has to rework her stale offensive scheme. And hire someone to do the same for defense whilw she's at it.

Wait, Vanderbilt fired Balcomb? What are they, nuts!? ... ooh, hold on, I just checked their wiki page for results the past five years. I had no idea her record had slumped so hard in the last two seasons. Hmm. Maybe they're not nuts after all. Still though.

Anyway, I would have Saban'd her onto the staff in a hot second.

Since we're been honest i am VERY HAPPY that the starting point guard for this team is a senior.

Jordan could have shot a bit better but she actually played pretty well tonight. If she'd only play during every game like she did in the second half tonight, she'd be phenomenal.

11 pts (5-13), 8 RB's, 3 Assists, 1 Steal, 2 Blocks, and only 1 TO. I'd take that performance from a PG any night.

Middleton only had 1 TO also. Some other people were truly inept at taking care of the ball.

I think SC is going to win the National Championship. I think Balcomb has straightened out the offense and they are big and physical. They will beat us by 30 it want be close.

Reactions: 2 people
She never benches a certain player no matter how terrible she plays or how many mistakes she makes.

Anyways i highly doubt she would step down or get fired but i will say that another assistant coach needs to be let go in the off season, she needs to hire an offensive minded assistant coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I think SC is going to win the National Championship. I think Balcomb has straightened out the offense and they are big and physical. They will beat us by 30 it want be close.

They look scary. For those saying that Dawn would have difficulties integrating Kaela Davis into the team, she looks more than happy to play second fiddle to the posts and then light it up when the team needs her to. They are going to be really tough this year.

I crack up at the "give Holly time" group. She has been at UT for years. It ain't happening, folks. This year needs to be it for Holly. If she can't turn this mess around, so long.

I know Holly will be trashed, BUT to me THIS loss is solely on the players.

of course every loss is on the players. But the buck ultimately stops with the coach. We may have talent issues, but we've also got a horribly mediocre coach, or worse. I'd say on her best days HW is mediocre, and she doesn't have too many of those.

Jordan could have shot a bit better but she actually played pretty well tonight. If she'd only play during every game like she did in the second half tonight, she'd be phenomenal.

11 pts (5-13), 8 RB's, 3 Assists, 1 Steal, 2 Blocks, and only 1 TO. I'd take that performance from a PG any night.

Middleton only had 1 TO also. Some other people were truly inept at taking care of the ball.

I wonder where she was at in the Penn state game. I'm not taking back my statement and this game will not change my mind about how i feel about her play the last four years. if certain players don't get a pass then she won't get one from me either.

Let's face it, DeShields has not been a good addition to the program. The stats via twitter were hazy, but I think I saw that she had 10 turnovers---are you kidding? She had attitude issues, for sure, last year. Are they gone? She was bad last year, until the tournament when she played quite a bit better, and she has been bad in the last two games. She doesn't seem to have the head and the heart that you need from your most talented player, and that is putting it mildly.

All I know is Holly keeps losing to average and bad teams with five star players. Whether it is the players fault or hers needs to be fixed. Maybe Holly needs to take a week or two off and let someone interim coach the team see if they play better. I guess we can all agree that the team has problems and whatever they are falls on Holly to fix. If it means she doesn't have enough players to play call off the season and maybe we can prevent losing 15 games beating all time losses of 14.
Holly is in her fifth year as coach whatever the team is or will be is on her. Tennessee Lady Vol basketball is suffering like it hasn't in in 20 previous years and as a fan I don't understand how she has took the once proud program that everyone feared and made it what it is today.

Reactions: 3 people
Let's face it, DeShields has not been a good addition to the program. The stats via twitter were hazy, but I think I saw that she had 10 turnovers---are you kidding? She had attitude issues, for sure, last year. Are they gone? She was bad last year, until the tournament when she played quite a bit better, and she has been bad in the last two games. She doesn't seem to have the head and the heart that you need from your most talented player, and that is putting it mildly.

She is an athletic player with limited basketball skills She consistently shoots in the 30's and it has happened her entire career. She makes risky plays that end up being turnovers and although she got fouled on a couple of those drives today you can't quit when the Ref don't call them.
Were a bad basketball team this season with an average coach not going to be a good season no way were going to get straightened out in just a few games everything gets a lot harder and I think the loss record of 14 is in real jeopardy.

davehartgame-424x324.jpg

They win the NC with or without Balcomb. Shes not the deal breaker.
I agree she just seemed to help make their offense look better. They used to look a lot like us on offense very inconsistent now they are a well drilled machine.

She never benches a certain player no matter how terrible she plays or how many mistakes she makes.

Anyways i highly doubt she would step down or get fired but i will say that another assistant coach needs to be let go in the off season, she needs to hire an offensive minded assistant coach.

Us fans have been requesting she do that for YEARS...so far we got Sharrona Reaves, who has OBVIOUSLY boosted recruiting...but it doesn't seem like Holly will part ways with Dean or Jolette.

I'll keep hoping this team can get to 20 wins may turn out they get to 20 losses first but have to keep hope alive for at least another couple of weeks.

Let's face it, Nunn can't play at this level, Harris apparently isn't ready, and Dunbar is only a role player even when healthy. By simple math, that means the remaining six players are going to play 30+/mins per game. Holly CAN'T bench anybody for shooting, attitude, or turnover issues.

Let's face it, Nunn can't play at this level, Harris apparently isn't ready, and Dunbar is only a role player even when healthy. By simple math, that means the remaining six players are going to play 30+/mins per game. Holly CAN'T bench anybody for shooting, attitude, or turnover issues.

Nunn put up a double double against Tennessee. I'm not saying that she's an All American or anything, but she was clearly good enough then to play even with Bashaara Graves, so I'm not buying that she's not a good enough player to log significant minutes against the likes of PSU and VT.

Reactions: 5 people
There is no excuse for not having a sufficient roster--it's just another indictment of Warlick and staff.

VN Store

Back