If holly really love lady vols she need to step down!!

I like Quentin Hillsman of Syracuse...and Becky Hammon also...I don't like the Louisville coaches recruiting tactics, no Sherry Coale fan, not Matt Mitchell, ...and a doosy of an idea...offer the entire Vandy staff a raise to come to Knoxville...moving expenses would be very low! lol:eek:hmy:

This is a curious statement. You think there is a catalog out there that you just open it up and turn to page 100 and there are the coaches who will never lose and win a championship every time? I'll have one of those.

That's not reality, the reality is it's almost a crapshoot, you do the best you can, you interview, you research, you do your vetting process, then you hire somebody and hope they do a good job.

But, a sure-fire winner? You have set the bar so inhumanly high that you're able to shoot down everybody else's choices.
I'm not the one that has set the bar high. The people that want Holly or most of her staff fired has raised that bar. They want to get rid of a coach and bring someone in that has accomplished less than she has. What has Mitchell done that Holly hasn't? Sherri Coale? Decent coach but better? Contrary to what some believe on here, we didn't win the championship every year or get to the final four every year. We didn't even win the SEC every year and that was back when the talent wasn't as plentiful or widespread as now. I think we need to stand firm at this time and let the new AD make his decision on the program. I don't want Dave Hart near anything to do with the Lady Vols. I acknowledge there is a fundamental problem with the team, but I'm not close enough to the situation to know where the problem lies and I don't think anybody on this site is either.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not the one that has set the bar high. The people that want Holly or most of her staff fired has raised that bar. They want to get rid of a coach and bring someone in that has accomplished less than she has. What has Mitchell done that Holly hasn't? Sherri Coale? Decent coach but better? Contrary to what some believe on here, we didn't win the championship every year or get to the final four every year. We didn't even win the SEC every year and that was back when the talent wasn't as plentiful or widespread as now. I think we need to stand firm at this time and let the new AD make his decision on the program. I don't want Dave Hart near anything to do with the Lady Vols. I acknowledge there is a fundamental problem with the team, but I'm not close enough to the situation to know where the problem lies and I don't think anybody on this site is either.

I think I can I agree with most of what you said.

I would open the book to page 100 and pick the Ugly Shorty who meet all the specs for a sure fire winner.....no brainer.

I like Quentin Hillsman of Syracuse...and Becky Hammon also...I don't like the Louisville coaches recruiting tactics, no Sherry Coale fan, not Matt Mitchell, ...and a doosy of an idea...offer the entire Vandy staff a raise to come to Knoxville...moving expenses would be very low! lol:eek:hmy:

I don't think I cna go a whole season looking at Quentin Magoo

Reactions: 2 people
Becky Hammon is in too good of a position to leave what she currently has going for her in a sense to take a step backwards

Reactions: 1 person
for the sake of argument, who is to say that Becky H would be a great hire? I think SA is her first coaching position, and as some have said here, pro hoops is different from college

Becky Hammon is in too good of a position to leave what she currently has going for her in a sense to take a step backwards

That's my feeling as well. Being a coach in the NBA is a Big Deal. Not that being the head coach here isn't a reasonably large deal either, but compared to the NBA? Especially as a woman, which is still atypical in that league? It'd be an incredibly hard sell to get someone, anyone, with that momentum to just abandon it (probably for good).

VN Store

Back