If Gruden Were Hired

your wrong. Hunter and CP arent hurting us, if Vincent Dallas and Z. Rodgers where our starting Wide Recievers we are 2-4 right now, getting blown out by all 4 ... JESUS CHRIST some of you people are so dumb..
think about what you say before you say it..

Hey dopey, take some of your own advice.....do you argue that both CP and JH have been inconsistent? Watch the games...Hunter has dropped two SURE TD's and CP doesn't go after catches, he was a non factor the whole first half last week, lazy routes by both, again watch the games! Has CP's scores come off the passing game, not really...do you think he's gonna take the end around against an NFL defense...HELL NO.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter....our recruiting will sky rocket! Hunters playing like a puss and CP doesn't know the routes, right now they are hurting us just as much as helping with the inconsistency.

Volnation should start a "dumbest post" contest. This would be my vote, and that's saying a lot

If we were somehow able to obtain Gruden as our head coach, do you think Hunter, Bray, and/or CP would want to stay and play for him or do you think they would bolt for the draft?
None of them have shown the NFL what they are capable of yet. Therefore, if the season progresses the way it has, then none are going to be sniffing the first round...when otherwise all 3 would be 1st Rd prospects. That's how it is with the NFL. Being on a losing team really degrades the value of good players. All the more imperitive to hire a big name coach, like Gruden. To give them and recruits hope that things will be different from now on.

Reactions: 1 person
Volnation should start a "dumbest post" contest. This would be my vote, and that's saying a lot

Dumb but true....everytime Hunter shortarms an over the middle and leaves us with a 4th and 4 instead of a first down think about what I said....everytime CP watches the corner make a play on the jump ball think about it...

Last edited:
If we were somehow able to obtain Gruden as our head coach, do you think Hunter, Bray, and/or CP would want to stay and play for him or do you think they would bolt for the draft?

simple....new coach..they all go...including some linemen...Dooley stays, which he is not going anywhere, they all could stay....these players love Dooley...and Tn.....

Reactions: 2 people
I live in Tampa and had season tickets to the Buc's. Tony Dungy had built a good football team that Jon Gruden inherited. The first year Gruden was here he had a 12-4 record and a super bowl. The following years 7-9, 5-11, 4-12, 9-7, 9-7 and over all percent of 509. He was fired for a poor record. Can anyone explain why we would be better than we are at present?

Reactions: 3 people
I live in Tampa and had season tickets to the Buc's. Tony Dungy had built a good football team that Jon Gruden inherited. The first year Gruden was here he had a 12-4 record and a super bowl. The following years 7-9, 5-11, 4-12, 9-7, 9-7 and over all percent of 509. He was fired for a poor record. Can anyone explain why we would be better than we are at present?

College football is a totally different animal. Ask Nick Saban.

Valid point.

I think only Patterson is ready. Hunter has had an average year but early pick worthy yet. I do think Hunter is 1st round material but has not proved it yet on field this year. Bray is improving but my opinion he is a 3rd round at best with his maturity. Think Bray and Hunter would want to return because of a coach at his level would only help their chance going high in 1st round.

Last edited:
College football is a totally different animal. Ask Nick Saban.

Really?? You do realize Saban had won a NC in college before he went to th NFL and failed right?? Same with Spurrior. Gruden doesn't have that on his resume or any kind of cfb experience other than GA 20 or so yrs ago.

Coaches going from cfb to nfl and reverse don't have the best track record as a whole. Not saying it can't happen but more failures then successes.

The college game and pro game have soooo many more differences than similarities.

Really?? You do realize Saban had won a NC in college before he went to th NFL and failed right?? Same with Spurrior. Gruden doesn't have that on his resume or any kind of cfb experience other than GA 20 or so yrs ago.

Coaches going from cfb to nfl and reverse don't have the best track record as a whole. Not saying it can't happen but more failures then successes.

The college game and pro game have soooo many more differences than similarities.

Not true, Governor Romney. Not true.

Check your facts

Bray has yet to have a complete game. He stats in the 4th quarter of games are horrible, compared to the first three quarters.
Patterson still doesn't know the complete playbook. he is being spoon fed the playbook, week by week. He only knows about 15 pass plays and we are entering the 8th week of the season.
Hunter drops more balls than he catches. He dropped several balls that touched his hands in the Florida game. Had he caught those balls, we could have won that game.
Neither of them is NFL ready. Now, they may make a roster and draw a pay check, but they aren't NFL ready to contribute their first season.
Patterson can play special teams, because it is instinctive but he won't see the field as a receiver his first season.
All three of them need to stay another season. The offense will be better next season and another summer won't hurt them.
Ya never know, should we get a new coach, their game could improve.
When Sanders left and Cutcliffe came to U.T. Ainge improved. When Fulmer left and Kiffin came to U.T. Crompton improved.

It was speculated that Bill Parcells and possibly other coaches turned Tampa down because they were about to enter Salary Cap Hell. Their team's structure was not good when Gruden took over. His record at Oakland was a little more positive in that it went up and stayed up.

Further, you don't just luck yourself into a Super Bowl win. You have to get to the playoffs and then win 3 or 4 straight games against the best the league has that year.

Having said all that, I'm not convinced he'd be the second coming, but I'd put him pretty close to the top of available coaches. With a quality DC, it could be pretty exciting.

your wrong. Hunter and CP arent hurting us, if Vincent Dallas and Z. Rodgers where our starting Wide Recievers we are 2-4 right now, getting blown out by all 4 ... JESUS CHRIST some of you people are so dumb..
think about what you say before you say it..

but you cant deny that fact that the justin hunter we know and loved dies in the swamp, by no fault of his own. No where near the same player as before.

So we are in agreement?

Adversely, the same exact thing can be said about Jon Gruden building an AFC Championship team for Bill Callahan in Oakland.

If Bray did not stay then that tells you all you need to know about him and his commitment. And honestly-if what some report is true regarding his understanding of the game then he might not be a great match with Gruden anyways.

Won't matter all that much-Worley and Peterman are Gruden's kind of QBs anyways-especially Peterman.

And for those that want an old-school power running game? Oh, boy-Gruden will deliver that.

gruden would bring in a bunch of 5 star studs on the recruiting trail---most current players would leave for the nfl.

VN Store

Back