If Gruden Were Hired

Weee'rre Baaccckk

If we were somehow able to obtain Gruden as our head coach, do you think Hunter, Bray, and/or CP would want to stay and play for him or do you think they would bolt for the draft?

They would if they could ride a unicorn onto the field before a game.

Oh wait, that's silly.....that could never happen either...

Reactions: 7 people
Doesn't matter....our recruiting will sky rocket! Hunters playing like a puss and CP doesn't know the routes, right now they are hurting us just as much as helping with the inconsistency.

People on here dont realize how much Hunter's draft stock has fallen. He isn't a first round pick right now, and I hate to admit it. He's not dynamic, hes not the greatest route runner, and he's in the top 5 in the SEC in drops. Also, CP, God I love him, and someone will pay him $$$ to be the playmaker he is..HOWEVER he doesnt know how to run a route.. he just doesn't get it..
not saying they stay, (heyward-bey, Demaryuis Thomas, Stephen Hill dont run good routes either) , but just some objective perspective..

Doesn't matter....our recruiting will sky rocket! Hunters playing like a puss and CP doesn't know the routes, right now they are hurting us just as much as helping with the inconsistency.

your wrong. Hunter and CP arent hurting us, if Vincent Dallas and Z. Rodgers where our starting Wide Recievers we are 2-4 right now, getting blown out by all 4 ... JESUS CHRIST some of you people are so dumb..
think about what you say before you say it..

Reactions: 8 people
People on here dont realize how much Hunter's draft stock has fallen. He isn't a first round pick right now, and I hate to admit it. He's not dynamic, hes not the greatest route runner, and he's in the top 5 in the SEC in drops. Also, CP, God I love him, and someone will pay him $$$ to be the playmaker he is..HOWEVER he doesnt know how to run a route.. he just doesn't get it..
not saying they stay, (heyward-bey, Demaryuis Thomas, Stephen Hill dont run good routes either) , but just some objective perspective..

2013 NFL draft -- Utah DT Star Lotulelei has moved to the top of Scouts Inc.'s board - ESPN

2013 NFL draft - Big battles approach for Big Board spots - ESPN

your wrong. Hunter and CP arent hurting us, if Vincent Dallas and Z. Rodgers where our starting Wide Recievers we are 2-4 right now, getting blown out by all 4 ... JESUS CHRIST some of you people are so dumb..

Wow. JH 41 yards put us over the top last Saturday. I didn't realize that. His dropped balls are giving us a chance work on our punting and defense, I never thought of looking at it that way.
(CP was exciting)

Reactions: 3 people

Now White Lightning has been a nice little surprise this year. He's done well I think.

But I agree, anyone who thinks CP and Hunter are hurting us is crazy. If it wasn't for CP we would be losing by 30 points a game.

I think both WR's would be gone to the draft no matter the coach. I think Bray would consider staying, but once Gruden sat down with him and started ripping into him for not willing to check the ball down and stop going for the fade route on every play, then Tyler would head to the draft. I can just picture Gruden sitting across from him at that table(like he does with the QBs on ESPN) and pointing out all the things Tyler does wrong. I can see Gruden asking Tyler "WTF was the play call here", and Tyler responding, "I just thought it up in my head just at that moment". Gruden, "Tyler why not hit the TE on the sideline, he was wide open"? Tyler, "Well, I thought Justin could out jump that triple coverage and pad my stats a bit quicker".

Gruden leaves the room.

"Worley, your starting".

Reactions: 2 people
Hunter is still a first round projection...his stock has fallen from #7 overall to #18 in yesterday's mock, but he is still the number one receiver, but by not nearly as much. He has all the tools that scouts drool over, he will be gone in the first round. And if CP has a good rest of the year, he is gone no later than mid-3rd round.

We realize but at the same time you do not take into the account other factors. And Hunter is still a number 1 selection. CP's school grades will weigh more on his decision to leave than his numbers on the field. Every scout in the country knows that Hunter is not 100% but they will take a chance on him in the mid first round because talent wise he is light years above everyone else in this years draft (receiver wise).

If Smokey had wings! I'm sure Gruden is itching to up his "cushy" multi-million dollar hosting jobs in favor of a 100 hour work week for a mattress burning institution that will call him washed up newscaster and run him out of town, after 2 years, if he doesn't overthrow Bama.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back