I Unfortunately Have Lost All Faith...

Chill bro. I posted my contrition. We aren't going to tangle over it or anything like that, so relax.

I've been positive about UT football through thick and thin my whole life, but after witnessing the way they lost the past few games I finally gave up. It was a mistake to think that, but not the end of the world either. So if you really hate me that much, hit that little "ignore" button. Otherwise, it's all good.

I will not chill. It's people like you that deserve no respect. If Ga would have won this game you would be on here running your mouth about how right you were. I'm sick of fans like you. Fans like you are the reason we even got into this mess that we're in. I could care less about your contrition. You deserve no respect for running your mouth just like the other negative Vol fans. I will hit the "ignore" button. You're a disgrace!

Reactions: 2 people
I will not chill. It's people like you that deserve no respect. If Ga would have won this game you would be on here running your mouth about how right you were. I'm sick of fans like you. Fans like you are the reason we even got into this mess that we're in. I could care less about your contrition. You deserve no respect for running your mouth just like the other negative Vol fans. I will hit the "ignore" button. You're a disgrace!

Great. Hit that little button. Show me who's boss!

GTFO! You are a sorry excuse for a TN fan. It's people like you that I want to never have the opportunity to cheer for the Vols. You deserve to be a Vandy fan and they deserve you. I'm so sick of seeing these dumb *****s trash our players and coaches. Butch has been telling everyone that today would be coming. If you can't be with the Vols during the tough times you don't deserve to be a fan during these times. VFL

"Butch Jones is a joke! Hello, bottom of the SEC! Looks like we will be seeing you for a while!"

Does that post ring a bell, SigEp?

Reactions: 4 people
You obviously didn't pay attention to the way those games were lost.

They shouldn't have been close losses. They should have been big wins. That's what had me not believing anymore. I've learned my lesson on that.

you seriously can't call yourself a true UT fan if that's what it takes for you to loose faith in this team. By your logic, there shouldn't be any Buffalo Bills fans left after their 4 straight super bowl losses.

Reactions: 1 person
"Butch Jones is a joke! Hello, bottom of the SEC! Looks like we will be seeing you for a while!"

Does that post ring a bell, SigEp?

Actually, no. Doesn't ring a bell. Just sounds like more garbage that you might spew. You and Jeff should go cheer on Vandy. You don't deserve this win!

been supporting UT for 28 years and the time that I finally lose faith is the greatest comeback that I've witnessed.

Call me what you want, but I'm man enough to admit I was wrong and shouldn't have lost faith.

Oh and yeah. That free beer was tasty.

You have nothing to apologize about. Some of the people blasting you now are negavols themselves. They are just yearning to be a douche.

Not the team. The coaches. But again, I understnad your point.

they are one in the same. that's why this game is a "team" sport. In all of the close losses were missed plays by us that would have unequivocally changed the game so they're in the same boat. So don't do a disservice to the players and yourself. I absolutely hate loosing but I'm not just going to jump ship. Have some intestinal fortitude and stick with your vols.

they are one in the same. that's why this game is a "team" sport. In all of the close losses were missed plays by us that would have unequivocally changed the game so they're in the same boat. So don't do a disservice to the players and yourself. I absolutely hate loosing but I'm not just going to jump ship. Have some intestinal fortitude and stick with your vols.

Again, I can see what you are saying, but keep in mind that none of those were missed plays by "us."

We as fans have relatively no control on the outcome of a game. So im sure that at least some of those on here can understand how aggravating it can be to invest a lot of time, energy, money, and emotion into something that you have absolutely no control over. Some people get to a point where it almost isn't worth it anymore and vent, like I did today.

Look, I'm a pretty resilient person, at least with things that are within my control. But dude I finally reached a breaking point with this. I'm good now though!

That UT will win a big game again until the athletic department makes the right hire.

Even through the Dooley years, I woke up on Saturdays with a glimpse of hope. But no more. Today was the first time I woke up without even a shred of hope. I hope I'm wrong, but the odds support my lack of hope.

Now, I'm on my way to my godsons 2nd birthday party where I'll be surrounded by dozens of UGA fans, many of whom are alumni.

What's the bright side of the story? At least I don't have to pay for the beer.

Well.....

Anyone have a good recipe for crow?

It's good as a peice of pie!

Again, I can see what you are saying, but keep in mind that none of those were missed plays by "us."

We as fans have relatively no control on the outcome of a game. So im sure that at least some of those on here can understand how aggravating it can be to invest a lot of time, energy, money, and emotion into something that you have absolutely no control over. Some people get to a point where it almost isn't worth it anymore and vent, like I did today.

Look, I'm a pretty resilient person, at least with things that are within my control. But dude I finally reached a breaking point with this. I'm good now though!
Good then, don't break again. Keep the belief strong my man

That UT will win a big game again until the athletic department makes the right hire.

Even through the Dooley years, I woke up on Saturdays with a glimpse of hope. But no more. Today was the first time I woke up without even a shred of hope. I hope I'm wrong, but the odds support my lack of hope.

Now, I'm on my way to my godsons 2nd birthday party where I'll be surrounded by dozens of UGA fans, many of whom are alumni.

What's the bright side of the story? At least I don't have to pay for the beer.

Well.....

Anyone have a good recipe for crow?

Well. Buddy, you and those 15 likes can kick rocks until next week. Me and a FEW others tried to tell yall GA was overrated. Too bad they fell to 19 thigh. Damn Bama!

I'm sure you are, but stop defending you actions. You will get now where, you tried to own it that you were wrong, kept getting called out then blamed the team, for your actions. I under stand it sucks to lose, it's hard enough to forgive, but to forget, they are dragging up posts from 2012, to defend you to others or at least call out other as hypocrites. I'm a liar and a cheat, but never have said we got no chance of wining a game before it starts.

Give him another chance, mcflurry, don't blow it, act like the team is reading your post and think about what you are saying, and be a positive influence going foward.

We are coming for you Bama!
Go Vols!

Thanks Chief. I appreciate the words of wisdom.

It's all good. At the end of the day, we're Vol fans. We have that in common.

Passions run deep here, and rightfully so. I don't hold the moral high ground. I have praised, cursed, questioned, and commented on thousands of posts and threads. I have been at both ends of the KoolAid and NegaVol spectrum.

I spent a week in VN Siberia for a particularly vicious, and undeserved, attack on McCat.

For the first time ever, I bet against the Vols. I took UGA and gave the points. Good wager, bad mistake.

Best money I ever lost. Well...not counting a night in Haifa, Israel in 1992.

I love the Vols. Above and beyond whoever happens to be their coach. Personally, I still don't think that CBJ is the right guy for UT in the long run. But I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

You might have noticed that UGA is my #2 team. Even so, I am a Vol first and forever. The Vols played a helluva game tonight, and gutted out a very, very tough win.

That's enough for me.

Go Vols.

VN Store

Back