"I think I'm the best back in the SEC"

I'm not sure what you mean by "mentally blame", but they lost as a team. If you want to place all the blame on one person, that should go to CBJ, but like I said they lost as a team, just like they win as a team.

I would place more blame on Dobbs than anybody for that lose.

I'm all for Kelly becoming the best back in the SEC, but those words alone won't make it happen, John Kelly can however, make it happen:)

I think its important your starting RB have that fighter pilot attitude that he's the best bar none. Part of any job on the roster is mental self image.

Not sure what we're going to have behind Kelly. CFA looks to be serviceable-- with the potential to be much more-- but he's been dinged up and limited. We need Chandler to come in game-ready. That's a big ask for a FR in the SEC-- but also a big opportunity.

Walk-ons Dowdy and Christian got a lot of reps this spring.

Big ask? Lattimore (1,197), Dyer (1,093), Gurley (1,385), Yeldon (1,108), Collins (1,026), Chubb (1,547), and Fournette (1,034) were pretty ready. And they're stars...how about Trayveon Williams (A&M), Benny Snell (KY) and Damarea Crockett (MO)? They each had over 1,000 last year.

Any reason we can't have a freshman do that?

IF the oline is solid, expect JK to have a great 2017 season.

you don't need to worry about the O line. it will be one of the best units in the country, deep too. we need more coaches like Wells, good ole southern boy. it's refreshing after hearing Butch speak. I think Wells will even get a look next year when the search begins.

Big ask? Lattimore (1,197), Dyer (1,093), Gurley (1,385), Yeldon (1,108), Collins (1,026), Chubb (1,547), and Fournette (1,034) were pretty ready. And they're stars...how about Trayveon Williams (A&M), Benny Snell (KY) and Damarea Crockett (MO)? They each had over 1,000 last year.

Any reason we can't have a freshman do that?

Because it's UT.

Kelly is a human bowling ball!

I love his low center of gravity!

He could easily have a 1,000 yard season with his size and speed providing he avoids injury.

Chandler is going carry a substantial load for a freshman. If you watch his tape it's easy to see he's special. I'll set the over/under at 600 yards this season.

Reactions: 1 person
Chandler is going carry a substantial load for a freshman. If you watch his tape it's easy to see he's special. I'll set the over/under at 600 yards this season.
Chandler only gets enough carries to sniff a 1,000 yards if JK goes down early. Chubb had his great freshman year only because he got the bulk of the carries after 3 RBs went down in front of him, one of which was Sony Michel who had beaten him out as the 3rd string RB that season.

Chandler only gets enough carries to sniff a 1,000 yards if JK goes down early. Chubb had his great freshman year only because he got the bulk of the carries after 3 RBs went down in front of him, one of which was Sony Michel who had beaten him out as the 3rd string RB that season.

Thats why I set the over/under at 40% less than that

Last edited:
I getcha, Boca but why does that always seem to be the case? One would think the Sunshine Pumpers ought to be right once in a while.

We gotta go 15-0 for me to be right.

8 gimmies
4 toss ups
SECCG
Playoff
NC Jan. 8, 2018

Take the Belt and keep it for a while.

How great can 121 be?

"I'm in."

I've been right before.

Go Vols!

Edit: Last year I was barely over 500. 8-7, not a good year.

Last edited:
In regards to Chandler, he's up from 192 in the fall to 200lbs right now. He's running track this spring and working out. Once Rock gets a hold of him, Chandler is going to a baddd man.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe 121 will have an edge to them that 120 was missing.

I really think it will be so.

Just a sample size: The cool-and-collected-Dormady, behind the take-ns-from-nobody Trey Smith + the sky-hi-go-anywhere-to-get-the-ball-Jennings against any other group in America.

And Warrior ?? Bituli ?? Oh man.

I really think it will be so.

Just a sample size: The cool-and-collected-Dormady, behind the take-ns-from-nobody Trey Smith + the sky-hi-go-anywhere-to-get-the-ball-Jennings against any other group in America.

And Warrior ?? Bituli ?? Oh man.

And we still have the-cliche-master Jones as HC.

And we still have the-cliche-master Jones as HC.

CBJ being "the-cliche-master" should be the least of your concern.

How well will our QBs read the defense? That is #1.

Oline performance after that, then Dline performance.

Last edited:

Chubb had a great freshman because he's a very talented, future NFL running back. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have had the great season he had no matter how injuries there were (btw, it was 2 players, not 3...Gurley and Michel, both 5 star players). He got a lot of carries (219), and he averaged 7 yards a pop when he got em.

Come on Remy, give the kid some credit. Is he Herschel Walker, nah. But he's a big, fast, talented running back who's gonna play for awhile on Sundays barring injury.

Last edited:
I love to see this attitude in our players. Now all he has to do is go back it up on the field and prove he's the best.

Kelly will show Hurd what a running back is suppose to do . Hurd leaving was great for Kelly getting more playing time

VN Store

Back