"I think I'm the best back in the SEC"

I hate these types of headlines. What I heard was a poised, thoughtful, balanced response to what's going on with this program, and somehow it get reduced to "I think I'm the best back in the SEC."

To all high profile athletes - don't get sucked in to answering stupid questions which are certain to make you look arrogant and self absorbed. Watch film of Peyton, he's the master of handling these.

Good examples:
- I'm not sure, there's a lot of great backs in the SEC. I'd be honored to be considered in the top tier
-I'm really more concerned about winning football games than who is the best back
-I don't think about it much, my plate is full trying to do the things I need to do to make us a better team
- etc.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure what you mean by "mentally blame", but they lost as a team. If you want to place all the blame on one person, that should go to CBJ, but like I said they lost as a team, just like they win as a team.

True or we could blame Hurd. If he hadn't been acting like an azz, CFA who hadn't participated in practice much wouldn't have been in the game..JMO

True or we could blame Hurd. If he hadn't been acting like an azz, CFA who hadn't participated in practice much wouldn't have been in the game..JMO

Hurd gets some blame too. To lose to SC lots and lots of blame to spread around. Take away the CFA caused fumble, how many other turnovers did we have?

Who blew the coverage on SC's last TD?

Hurd gets some blame too. To lose to SC lots and lots of blame to spread around. Take away the CFA caused fumble, how many other turnovers did we have?

Who blew the coverage on SC's last TD?

The offense deserves the majority of the blame for the SC loss IMO. It was one of the worst offensive performances last year.

The offense deserves the majority of the blame for the SC loss IMO. It was one of the worst offensive performances last year.

The offense lacked a sense of urgency. The early come from behind wins fed their over confident attitude.

Maybe 121 will have an edge to them that 120 was missing.

Kelly's energy is awesome to see. I wish other players used the level of Kelly's energy and Jennings's determination and attitude. We would have an unstoppable team.

I do think Kelly can be the best back in the SEC, he just needs a complete team around him.

Kelly=Russell Westbrook

Huh? CFA was a roster filler and Chandler is a top 5 back coming out of highschool and a consensus top 100 player.

Kelly was a composite 3-star, so what's your point? :huh:

Last edited:
Fils-Aimes ability to contribute is going to be the key to Kelly's production.

Im still worried about his size, especially when it comes to running between the tackles and pass blocking.

I think the Coleman kid (new RB from LA) is going to surprise a lot of people. Might even push Fils-Aime for playing time.

The only reason CFA was in the game was because Hurd's prima donna a** was being a whiny snatch that let his team down. So you can technically blame Hurd.

Bears repeating:
The only reason CFA was in the game was because Hurd's prima donna a** was being a whiny snatch that let his team down. So you can technically blame Hurd.

Bears repeating:

Bears repeating:

Reactions: 5 people
I have no idea if he's the best or not. But, I can safely say that their is not another back who lays it all on the line on every play. Never seen anything like him.

You must be young. Kid is a nice back and solid runner, but UT history is filled with backs of his caliber and better.

Love to see Kelly rip it up this year. With some quilty o-line play and a decent back up. He could see a thousand yards or more.. Go Vols...

Kelly reminds me so much of Travis Stephens. I hope he can contribute like Stephens did! Anyone else see the the comparison? Stature, Speed etc. Give me your Opinion!

I place some of the blame on Dobbs for the fumble. I'm not sure what was called but it looked like the defense gave Dobbs a look that made him think quick slant, without giving the new guy a signal of a play change, CFA was running the called play.

It's like blaming the guy that ran on the field late against Fl down in the swamp for that loss.

I agree. Dobbs afterwards relayed he was staying up til 2 AM all that week and it affected his play.

There is really not enough sample size to judge CFA at this point.

Dang it. I was wondering where all these doubters about CFA for all their knowledge? The guy basically had a few scrub time plays as a true FR. Thought I had missed something.

Its the VN way to ignore the guy who has been here a year or 2 and worked his butt off to get carries and by the way was rated pretty high. People are always in love with the freshmen.

Really? That's how team sports work? I honestly had no clue. Thanks for the info, bro. :hi:

He was solely responsible for that late fumble, so when I think of CFA, I think of that fumble and the SC loss. That's all I was saying.

We had 3 more possessions after that unfortunate play. And it was only one of 64 total offensive plays. I don't put that loss solely on CFA at all. Dobbs said it was the worst game of his career....I think his poor play and yet another poor defensive showing had much more to do with the loss than that singular play/mistake by CFA.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he'll end up top 5 in the nation, barring injury and with good o-line play. I think Chandler will be as good as Guice was when he first came in as a back-up to Fournette. The wildcard is Fils-Aime. He could end up as a very good contributor, but I expect him to be used in more of a utility role.

Either way it goes, we have some pretty good rbs that are pretty much under-the-radar. I believe our offense will be surprisingly good all around.

That's huge friggin shoes to fill as I personally think Guice is better than Fornette!

I can tell you first hand that Gillespie thinks he is all conference talent. He said he's up to 221 and moving great. Also very excited about the incoming recruits and that includes a three.

VN Store

Back