I just don't see how Butch Jones

Butch has really surprised me and SEVERAL others in his recruiting ability. This year the excuses are DONE. It is time to win. The. Whole. Thing.

On the whole "wanting to coach here" thing, we have seen big paychecks overcome a coach's loyalty to a program.

GO VOLS!!!! WIN IT ALL!!!

The "eating crow" or "I told you so" game is pretty fun to play sometimes. However, I reserve it for other teams' forums. I have several bookmarks of comments on other forums where people are badmouthing UT or Butch and I'm looking forward to going to those threads one day so I can revive them and tell the original posters to suck it. One in particular from the gamecock forum after UT beat them last year saying that Butch is still a DII coach and will never get us to 10 wins a year, and that we will be calling for his head by the end of 2016. I'm really hoping to get the opportunity to tell that dude how wrong he was.

I have several bookmarks of comments on other forums where people are badmouthing UT or Butch and I'm looking forward to going to those threads one day so I can revive them and tell the original posters to suck it. One in particular from the gamecock forum after UT beat them last year saying that Butch is still a DII coach and will never get us to 10 wins a year, and that we will be calling for his head by the end of 2016. I'm really hoping to get the opportunity to tell that dude how wrong he was.

Heh, that guy qualifies as an Intellectual Darwin Award contestant. If you've been beat three times in a row by another team, you don't talk about how bad and weak they are...because then what are you???

So Gamecock Fan1 wants to call the coach who beat his hall of fame coach more than once a rank Div II amateur? Not smart...totally not smart. :)

is going to be able to win recruiting battle against Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Richt, Muschamp, Mullen and the rest of the SEC.

I believe we just committed to another coach who, despite all his hard work and good intentions, will be exposed as just another coach that is in over his head.

Have you changed your mind in the last 3 years? I have abbe very pleased at how our roster has changed and how depth has been established. Butch will do just fine in the future. For the first time in a while , we will All American players at more than one or two positions.

Everyone acting like we've already won the East in 2016 reminds me of when the fans were carrying roses after beating UF in 2001. Bringing this thread back up and going "lol people thought Butch was going to be bad but he's actually really good" ignores that Butch is 1-8 against our rivals and still doesn't have a win over a top 10 team

Bump....."butch is really bad" You warned volnation and they shunned you. Now it looks like 3-12 is on the horizon

Jones is going to do well at TN and the more support the Vol fan base gives him the better chance he might out-recruit one of the guys mentioned. Kids are funny and choose schools for multiple reasons. At the end of the day, we got a guy who wants to coach here which is something TN hasnt been able to find in the past 4 years.

In contrast to what you see on volnation, Butch has allot of fan support......UGA fans, Vandy fans, USC fans, etc. :eek:lol:

is going to be able to win recruiting battle against Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Richt, Muschamp, Mullen and the rest of the SEC.

I believe we just committed to another coach who, despite all his hard work and good intentions, will be exposed as just another coach that is in over his head.

You got it half right. Jones recruited just fine, above expectations; but he also is definitely in over his head.

VN Store

Back