I hate to say this, but…

SGidds

we got outcoached big time by Billy Napier of all people. The defensive players were repeatedly confused as to where to line up in the first half. But Florida wasn’t using a hurry-up offense, and they were running the same plays that they did against Utah. This was all about preparation; they should have known how to lineup against the pre-snap movement.

The offense was as undisciplined as ever. Way too many self-inflicted wounds with penalty yardage (mainly from the offensive line) and wasted timeouts because they couldn’t decide on a play or get the WR and RB lined up properly. Even if the offense was humming (it wasn’t), you can’t expect success when every drive has a 2nd or 3rd and long to overcome.

The jumping offsides on 4th and 1 was beyond stupid, but the coaches and the on-field leaders needed to be yelling at the DL not to jump.

And speaking of timeouts…the timeout at the end of the game was pointless; the outcome had been decided. The melee that ensued was predictable. Everyone knew Florida would just run the QB for as long as possible to run out the clock, and it was no surprise that a frustrated Tennessee player would try to get a shot at the QB. There was just no need for this at all, and Coach Heupel was responsible for it.

It was not a good night for our coaching staff at all.

Last edited:
Crazy to think pili might've been the leader and not Beasley. So many times Florida caught them out of position with movement

Reactions: VolSummitt44
VOLS "Tempo" Offense failed to possess the ball after the good first drive. This gave UF the ball back way too fast and wore out OUR Defense in the first half. The number of plays UF ran the first half vs UT was deplorable. Poor coaching and play calling caused most of this. Refs missing numerous holding calls didn't help either.

Very poorly coached team. I thought we might have finally found a great one. Elitw coaches dont have that happen.
Really? I've watched Saban get out coached, and lose. If not for a roster full of 5 stars vs a roster full of kids he wouldn't have recruited, he would've lost today.

VOLS "Tempo" Offense failed to possess the ball after the good first drive. This gave UF the ball back way too fast and wore out OUR Defense in the first half. The number of plays UF ran the first half vs UT was deplorable. Poor coaching and play calling caused most of this. Refs missing numerous holding calls didn't help either.
I think we're seeing the loss of golesh. But I always thought huepel was primary play caller

Yeah it was brutal in all areas tonight. This team is poorly coached. The offensive play calling this year has been really bad, Tim banks and willie Martinez are still awful, and we are just so undisciplined/heavily penalized. Even the time management sucked tonight.

This is the first game in a while where I felt like we were outcoached. We have fans say that all the time but I can usually see the players not executing well so I'm hesitant to say it's the coaches fault. Tonight felt like both. Players were garbage and coaching seemed questionable at best. What a weird feeling. This had an eerie similarity to the Butch/Pruitt days.

Team looks undisciplined and poorly coached right now. Offensive playcalling in the first half was trash. Defense was arm tackling and got caught out of position over and over again in the first half. Oline is missing Carvin and Wright. Mays is brittle, just like his brother was...

I think what we see from here will tell us a lot about this coaching staff. With this loss . . . And what are obvious decencies in the oline / linebacker depth / secondary . . . And most importantly the QB position . . . A great staff will get this bunch to 8-4 with losses to the obvious teams of UGA / Bama / already Florida and one out of TAMU / Mizzou / Kentucky / and USC. It will take a Herculean effort to get this team to 8-4. I expect 7-5.

6-6 = Coach Heupel will be forced to fire some people . . .

we got outcoached big time by Billy Napier of all people. The defensive players were repeatedly confused as to where to line up in the first half. But Florida wasn’t using a hurry-up offense, and they were running the same plays that they did against Utah. This all about preparation; they should have known how to lineup against the pre-snap movement.

The offense was as undisciplined as ever. Way too many self-inflicted wounds with penalty yardage (mainly from the offensive line) and wasted timeouts bceause they couldn’t decide on a play or get the WR and RB lined up properly. Even if the offense was humming (it wasn’t), you can’t expect success when every drive has a 2nd or 3rd and long to overcome.

The jumping offsides on 4th and 1 was beyond stupid, but the coaches and the on-field leaders needed to be yelling at the DL not to jump.

And speaking of timeouts…the timeout at the end of the game was pointless; the outcome had been decided. The melee that ensued was predictable. Everyone knew Florida would just run the QB for as long as possible to run out the clock, and it was no surprise that frustrated Tennessee player would try to get a shot at the QB. There was just no need for this at all, and Coach Heupel was responsible for it.

It was not a good night for our coaching staff at all.
I mention this before in a post. The BYU transfer getting hurt, really hurts our communication with the defense. I believe he was our “defense” guy making sure everyone in same page

Reactions: Bret178
Outcoached by the most boring, unskilled rival coach in a while. Milton had no clue what the plays were going in, there were so many audibles that the Gator fans ate 'em up to burn TOs or take false starts. Undisciplined with no coaching gameplay going in, this is all unexcusable. And I don't give a good got-dang if it's a Gator QB, you don't ever hit a QB kneeling like that. It was low class thug behavior and I have to be really honest here, Heuple taking that time out I believe encouraged it. Why is he taking a TO right there? He sure as hell milked that clock before the other before the half and burned all that time off! Heupel looked lost the whole game, more than Milton did. But that bully thug behavior on a kneeling player is not representative of classy Volunteer football!! Man up!

I think what we see from here will tell us a lot about this coaching staff. With this loss . . . And what are obvious decencies in the oline / linebacker depth / secondary . . . And most importantly the QB position . . . A great staff will get this bunch to 8-4 with losses to the obvious teams of UGA / Bama / already Florida and one out of TAMU / Mizzou / Kentucky / and USC. It will take a Herculean effort to get this team to 8-4. I expect 7-5.

6-6 = Coach Heupel will be forced to fire some people . . .
6-6 and he may not have the opportunity.

This is the first game in a while where I felt like we were outcoached. We have fans say that all the time but I can usually see the players not executing well so I'm hesitant to say it's the coaches fault. Tonight felt like both. Players were garbage and coaching seemed questionable at best. What a weird feeling. This had an eerie similarity to the Butch/Pruitt days.
South Carolina and Ole Miss weren't that long ago.

Yeah the offense sputtered and dug their one holes with penalties but it’s the Defense’s job to get off the field. FL was 7/8 on 3rd down in the first half. At least once was 3rd and a mile and they converted.

Play calling was abysmal and the defense woke up too late.

Reactions: 08Vol
Really? I've watched Saban get out coached, and lose. If not for a roster full of 5 stars vs a roster full of kids he wouldn't have recruited, he would've lost today.
Saban won the first of his six NCs at bama his third year there. Does it look to you like we’re on that kind of trajectory?

Reactions: 08Vol
The person we really miss is Alex Golesh. Offense just doesn’t seem nearly as prepared without him.
Nah, I think it’s our actual offensive identity. There’s always been the flashy offense, explosive play type of team or philosophy. Eventually defenses figure out how to stop them or just has the team with better players one on one. Our WRs seem have taken a back seat.

VN Store

Back