I hate to say this, but…

Really. You mean like Saban last year against Tennessee when he left time on the clock for Tennessee to score. Or when he got time added back on against Auburn and they returned missed fg for the win.
If you think Bama played as poorly in those instances as UT did last night im not sure what to tell you. UT looked conpletely lost last night. Bama could have easily won either of those two games you reference. Lost Both on last second, walkoff plays

I think what we see from here will tell us a lot about this coaching staff. With this loss . . . And what are obvious decencies in the oline / linebacker depth / secondary . . . And most importantly the QB position . . . A great staff will get this bunch to 8-4 with losses to the obvious teams of UGA / Bama / already Florida and one out of TAMU / Mizzou / Kentucky / and USC. It will take a Herculean effort to get this team to 8-4. I expect 7-5.

6-6 = Coach Heupel will be forced to fire some people . . .
Get ready…I am seeing 5-7.

Really. You mean like Saban last year against Tennessee when he left time on the clock for Tennessee to score. Or when he got time added back on against Auburn and they returned missed fg for the win.
Umm there are a lot of missing pieces this year from last year on our side, I personally did not realize the potential significance.. but, there needs to be some serious reevaluation, accommodations, and readjustment.. this is not last year’s team or coaching staff

Reactions: Chad Powers
I notice we're not calling him sunbelt Billy anymore.
I’m curious how this season ends for him.
Errbody keeps saying this is a bad Florida team but we won’t actually know that till the end of the year.

A goober last night said their 2 deep was all freshmen and sophomores. So I looked and they are actually in a good position depth wise where it matters

Im gonna go with players...... The inability or lack of trust to excute. I believe the reason we throw the screens is because Milton can't process what he is seeing that fast when we choose tempo. Same with the 3 straight runs to small or Wright. I liked what we saw in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Take the training wheels off and let em go. We are what we are. When Nico is ready he will play. Secondary wasn't good but the lbers were bad too. Specifically Herring. Id rather see Carter there

I think this team has some serious deficiencies at multiple positions, the coaches know, and are trying their best to try to put these players in positions to be successful, but they end up screwing it up. Roster depth is an issue. The coaches are forced to play bad players.

Last year was great, but many of the great players are gone to the NFL. Unless Milton turns it around, no one on this roster will get drafted.

Wasn't as visible as the KS /SC fiasco (LOL what a mess) but obvious enuf to make some people squirm on their Hot Seats. Then again it is a team sport and the blame should be shared by all, starting at top and on down . Disappointing but what most of us are accustomed to by NOW. And that's SAD.

I think we're seeing the loss of golesh. But I always thought huepel was primary play caller
The offense looks exactly the same as the 2021 offense when Milton was starting. Huepel has been putting up points long before Golesh joined him

Elite coaches don’t get out coached.
Whatever. I think comparing Saban to Heupel is stupid. Context matters a whole lot. This is two weeks in a row UT has looked awful against bad teama. Saban gets the benefit of the doubt. Heupel does not because he has proven nothing and has won nothing of consequence yet. It’s year 3

Whatever. I think comparing Saban to Heupel is stupid. Context matters a whole lot. This is two weeks in a row UT has looked awful against bad teama. Saban gets the benefit of the doubt. Heupel does not because he has proven nothing and has won nothing of consequence yet. It’s year 3
But you said elite coaches don’t get out coached.
But since we’re comparing the two now. How many years head coaching experience did Saban have before he was considered above reproach? Take a second and look at where Hypel is on that timeline by comparison

Awesome. So in a couple years we will have enough talent to do that too

That’s why they call it a rebuild.

Plus, if you think there is a perfect coach out there whose coordinator’s put together perfect game plans each and every week, I’ve got some really bad news for you. No perfect coach will every roam the sidelines for any team…because there isn’t one. It’s why upsets happen.

Heupel has been better than expectations so far. He has our QB of the future in the program. I’m willing to be patient. Especially given how much better we are than the previous 12 years.

Im gonna go with players...... The inability or lack of trust to excute. I believe the reason we throw the screens is because Milton can't process what he is seeing that fast when we choose tempo. Same with the 3 straight runs to small or Wright. I liked what we saw in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Take the training wheels off and let em go. We are what we are. When Nico is ready he will play. Secondary wasn't good but the lbers were bad too. Specifically Herring. Id rather see Carter there

Agree. We all said the Fl game would tell us a lot and it did. We might not like what the answers are but it is what it is.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Like clockwork every single year, our fans diss the Gators, their coach (now Napier), and boast of how easy we should win this year's game. The week ahead of the game. We barely beat them in Knoxville last year when we were 11-2 and they finished 6-7. But we have fans who were ready to predict a national title after beating a weak Virginia team and struggling to beat Austin Peay. You can see it coming every year and you want to strangle them, but they never fail to raise expectations to new heights of unrealistic outcomes and result in utter disappointment for everyone.

Our play calls were so cringe worthy that I looked forward to the silly Dr Pepper commercials to cool down.

Florida played well. They were well prepared and well coached. Tennessee was NOT.

The series that struck me as telling the tale was the one at the end of the first half. Just over two minutes left and Tennessee just runs the ball repeatedly. No real effort to gain a chunk and create an opportunity.

And with about 40 seconds left UT players stood there with 25 seconds running off the clock until I believe they finally called timeout.

Made no sense.

This is stupid. Heupel won the orange bowl in year 2. That’s significant. You can claim it’s not but you are wrong. Saban got our coaches by guys like Hugh Freeze, Gus Malzahan, Bob Stoops and Brian Kelly. He also got out coached by Josh Heupel. Urban Meyer got out coached by Jeff Brohm. Tom Osbourne, Kirby Smart, Chris Petersen, Spurrier, Les Miles ALL got out coached at some point.

VN Store

Back