I hate to say this, but…

Very poorly coached team. I thought we might have finally found a great one. Elitw coaches dont have that happen.
"Elite" lol. Obviously you have not seen UGA or Bama play this season. They have all made dumb mistakes too. It happens.

We are in the minority but there’s no way you trot Nico out this soon.
Milton is what we have in our arsenal at this time and some of it is on this staff.
If Milton can’t execute the offense properly, you have to give him something he can work with and call a game that fits his skill set rather than asking him to do something he can’t.
Again, this is all guessing on my part, I’m sitting in a recliner, watching every Saturday.😜
Lots of considerations there. I don't think there were very many if any one year guys out there ready to come in and execute Heupel's O. Heupel had to weigh the risk of bringing a one year guy in vs losing Milton and determine which would produce the best result. He chose the "evil he knew".

Go for a guy with more eligibility then what does that do with your recruitment of Nico and beyond? I don't know that they played it exactly right or that they shouldn't have gone portal. But we're still feeling the effects of the roster that was left at the QB position. Bailey is now a walk on back up for L'ville. Shrout is the unfortunate victim of Butch Jones again at Ark St. Mauer apparently starts for SFA. He had Hooker and Milton as the only guys with legit FBS ability then added Nico.

Tough draw for him. In the future, he'll have 3 or 4 starter quality guys on the roster. Right now he doesn't.

There is depth and those young guys will develop faster for having been thrown into the fire. Problem is... you still have to endure the scars.

I'm not sure because if the calls had been good... what then? Thornton made up for one of the missed PIs. The others... we'll just never know if UT could have made a play afterwards. Any of two or 3 PIs that were missed in the end zone would have put UT inside the 10. Heupel likely would have gone for it if they'd reached 4th down. We just don't know if the Vols would have taken advantage when they missed so many other chances.

I'm hard on officials generally. I want every call to go our way... but am realistic enough to know they want. All of the bad calls in this game went one way so it is idiotic to say that did not impact the game. We just can't know if it would have changed the outcome of the game. There were plays that still had to be made.

That's why I said there was a 7 - 17 point impact of the bad calls. Do you minimize or maximize those scoring opportunities?

In Florida's only real drive of the 2nd half they got the phantom roughing call where the QB flew back like he was hit by a cannon. In basketball they call the player that pulls that act for a technical now. We can debate if it was a bad call or if Herring should have left the stunt alone altogether.

Tim banks got outcoached by Billy in the first half. Then we were just hosed by refs the entire second half.
I don’t understand how not once but twice we get undressed by Fl dbs pulling our receivers jerseys off and no call.

Yes I believe Hype and the staff truly were out coached this game. First time have really thought that since Hype arrived. He had no chance 1st season due to lack of players, outcoached everybody last season, maybe not Kirby but he had better athletes. Sat was a lot on the coaches.

Outcoached by the most boring, unskilled rival coach in a while. Milton had no clue what the plays were going in, there were so many audibles that the Gator fans ate 'em up to burn TOs or take false starts. Undisciplined with no coaching gameplay going in, this is all unexcusable. And I don't give a good got-dang if it's a Gator QB, you don't ever hit a QB kneeling like that. It was low class thug behavior and I have to be really honest here, Heuple taking that time out I believe encouraged it. Why is he taking a TO right there? He sure as hell milked that clock before the other before the half and burned all that time off! Heupel looked lost the whole game, more than Milton did. But that bully thug behavior on a kneeling player is not representative of classy Volunteer football!! Man up!
Was not thug behavior by Thomas. You need to go back and rewatch that play. The player was not a QB in that play and Thomas actually pulled up. If there was any thuggery going on it was by the Florida players. The timeout was just that-a time out-nothing to get your bowels in an uproar over.

we got outcoached big time by Billy Napier of all people. The defensive players were repeatedly confused as to where to line up in the first half. But Florida wasn’t using a hurry-up offense, and they were running the same plays that they did against Utah. This was all about preparation; they should have known how to lineup against the pre-snap movement.

The offense was as undisciplined as ever. Way too many self-inflicted wounds with penalty yardage (mainly from the offensive line) and wasted timeouts because they couldn’t decide on a play or get the WR and RB lined up properly. Even if the offense was humming (it wasn’t), you can’t expect success when every drive has a 2nd or 3rd and long to overcome.

The jumping offsides on 4th and 1 was beyond stupid, but the coaches and the on-field leaders needed to be yelling at the DL not to jump.

And speaking of timeouts…the timeout at the end of the game was pointless; the outcome had been decided. The melee that ensued was predictable. Everyone knew Florida would just run the QB for as long as possible to run out the clock, and it was no surprise that a frustrated Tennessee player would try to get a shot at the QB. There was just no need for this at all, and Coach Heupel was responsible for it.

It was not a good night for our coaching staff at all.
To be honest, the timeout at the end if the game was aimed more at our players for leaving the field before the clock read 00. As a coach, that should not have been allowed, especially the way they played.

I said it last year and I’ll say it again this year. I’ll never understand the logic of lining our defensive backs up 10-15 yards off of the receiver every play.

we got outcoached big time by Billy Napier of all people. The defensive players were repeatedly confused as to where to line up in the first half. But Florida wasn’t using a hurry-up offense, and they were running the same plays that they did against Utah. This was all about preparation; they should have known how to lineup against the pre-snap movement.

The offense was as undisciplined as ever. Way too many self-inflicted wounds with penalty yardage (mainly from the offensive line) and wasted timeouts because they couldn’t decide on a play or get the WR and RB lined up properly. Even if the offense was humming (it wasn’t), you can’t expect success when every drive has a 2nd or 3rd and long to overcome.

The jumping offsides on 4th and 1 was beyond stupid, but the coaches and the on-field leaders needed to be yelling at the DL not to jump.

And speaking of timeouts…the timeout at the end of the game was pointless; the outcome had been decided. The melee that ensued was predictable. Everyone knew Florida would just run the QB for as long as possible to run out the clock, and it was no surprise that a frustrated Tennessee player would try to get a shot at the QB. There was just no need for this at all, and Coach Heupel was responsible for it.

It was not a good night for our coaching staff at all.
Heupel outcoached saban last year so he gets a mulligan.

Really? I've watched Saban get out coached, and lose. If not for a roster full of 5 stars vs a roster full of kids he wouldn't have recruited, he would've lost today.
Ole Joe dropping the truth again. I'm not happy with Heupel right now BUT I'm gonna give him some leniency for now

Reactions: joevol33
Everybody has a short memory....The UF game only tells us that we may have a great season if we win, but after the win in 2016, we went down the drain. We also went down the drain after beating them in 1992. In all the years we lost, we won most of our games after back in the 90's and early 2000's. When we suck, it just means we will lose to UGA, and Bama. No other losses are guaranteed by any means. I hate seeing people giving up, we may have a little bit of a regressive year this year. One thing is for sure, the QB is where it all starts. Hooker was good and we had some great O-lineman last year as well. Mincy is good but we did not have him Saturday night either. He may have been a key loss. I'm worried that Milton is like JG...great in practice, but a toss up in games.

VOLS "Tempo" Offense failed to possess the ball after the good first drive. This gave UF the ball back way too fast and wore out OUR Defense in the first half. The number of plays UF ran the first half vs UT was deplorable. Poor coaching and play calling caused most of this. Refs missing numerous holding calls didn't help either.

I think it would be wise to go up tempo and also normal based on situation and how the d is playing. Use it to throw them off. The game plan was horrible. We should have come out run first and pass second but we went almost straight pass and it cost us the game. Gsne was poorly called I’m sad to say.

VN Store

Back