Hurricane Michael

I just found one aerial photo of Cape San Blas of the area just north of the stump hole. There was a ground level house just past the space ship round house that was swept across the road into the bay. The blue townhouse just past that has the roof off the left hand building. I looked at buying a condo in that building when we bought our place. It sits right on the water. There are 2 buildings there with maybe 4 condos in each with parking underneath. I think it's called Sunrise Sunset.

The Cape San Blas road is pretty well shot. It's all buckled up and rutted out. I just found a picture of it, and the blue condos looks like a lot of damage around the foundation of it. The next 2 houses past it have the enclosed bottom level blown out. The houses are on pilings, and the bottom is usually used for storage or enclosed entrance to the stairs.

The Cape San Blas road is pretty well shot. It's all buckled up and rutted out. I just found a picture of it, and the blue condos looks like a lot of damage around the foundation of it. The next 2 houses past it have the enclosed bottom level blown out. The houses are on pilings, and the bottom is usually used for storage or enclosed entrance to the stairs.
Have you been able to see your place?

Have you been able to see your place?
I can't find out anything. All that I have seen are pictures that people have posted on Facebook. I can't even send a text to anybody there. There is no cell service and the only road is closed. The only info coming out is from people who stayed and rode it out. Facebook is full of people asking for info on their homes.

The only optimistic information that I have is a picture of the Trading Post. It is close to my place and looks to be in one piece.

I can't find out anything. All that I have seen are pictures that people have posted on Facebook. I can't even send a text to anybody there. There is no cell service and the only road is closed. The only info coming out is from people who stayed and rode it out. Facebook is full of people asking for info on their homes.

The only optimistic information that I have is a picture of the Trading Post. It is close to my place and looks to be in one piece.
I hope it turns out well for you bro.....

I hope it turns out well for you bro.....
Thanks. Not knowing is tough. I feel helpless as far as finding out anything. I know a few folks there, but can't get in touch with anybody. I was able to text one friend the morning after, but now there is no water, no electricity, no cell service, and no sewer in Port St. Joe and I assume Cape San Blas.

72 is this your full time residence?

Not anything close to the Florida devastation but here in Roanoke, VA we've been unexpectedly drenched... Lots of flooding affecting folks all around, and a lot of other business owners we know. We sent our employees home early and shut the doors.

Thanks. Not knowing is tough. I feel helpless as far as finding out anything. I know a few folks there, but can't get in touch with anybody. I was able to text one friend the morning after, but now there is no water, no electricity, no cell service, and no sewer in Port St. Joe and I assume Cape San Blas.

We were just there last weekend brother. It is my favorite place to visit on the gulf coast of Florida. No one saw this thing coming. When we left Saturday morning for normal vacation time to head back to Tennessee, it wasn’t even thought about that a storm is rolling in. No one had a clue and no one was prepared for this thing. I was told by a friend today, that dockside restaurant at Port Saint Joe Marina took heavy damage along with a lot of the infrastructure of the marina.

A friend of my mother-in-law Owns a house about halfway out on the Cape before the rock pile. He drove down yesterday afternoon to see what he could find out. He said that they cannot access the Cape. The local police force said it would be two weeks before anyone to get off our back on to the Cape by his estimation.

Coneheads 8020 has a whole series of aerial photos of CSB on their FB page. The road is in bad shape. Some of the condos right on the water look to be completely washed away. However, it looks like most of the individual structures on the cape are still standing. You can't tell the condition, though, from the photos.

Coneheads 8020 has a whole series of aerial photos of CSB on their FB page. The road is in bad shape. Some of the condos right on the water look to be completely washed away. However, it looks like most of the individual structures on the cape are still standing. You can't tell the condition, though, from the photos.
I have been checking those out. It looks like the park at the end was cut in half by water. I can see my neighborhood and my house in a distant shot, and it looks okay . Of course, we won't know for sure until we get to see it. I'm hopeful. We are happy that someone posted the aerial shots.

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
I also noticed that I think I see a large bare spot where Cape Shoals used to be. Cape Shoals was a good sized condo complex on the water front about halfway out to the state park at the end. It had been temporarily condemned sometime back because the foundation washed out from under it. They fixed it, but I think it might be in the ocean now. It looked like about a dozen units, all joined together.

Not anything close to the Florida devastation but here in Roanoke, VA we've been unexpectedly drenched... Lots of flooding affecting folks all around, and a lot of other business owners we know. We sent our employees home early and shut the doors.

Been trying to get in touch with my folks in Radford with no luck.

I also noticed that I think I see a large bare spot where Cape Shoals used to be. Cape Shoals was a good sized condo complex on the water front about halfway out to the state park at the end. It had been temporarily condemned sometime back because the foundation washed out from under it. They fixed it, but I think it might be in the ocean now. It looked like about a dozen units, all joined together.

Last time we were there, you could hardly walk the beach in front of them as the water came all the way up to the foundation/stairs. I joked at the time that one day they would just wash out to sea. That whole complex is missing -- my son and I were comparing those photos to Google Earth.

The road looks like it will take months or longer to fix.

It's really sad destruction for such an awesome beach spot. As has been already said, I hope that nobody was trying to brave the weather in the properties that were affected.

Last time we were there, you could hardly walk the beach in front of them as the water came all the way up to the foundation/stairs. I joked at the time that one day they would just wash out to sea. That whole complex is missing -- my son and I were comparing those photos to Google Earth.

The road looks like it will take months or longer to fix.

It's really sad destruction for such an awesome beach spot. As has been already said, I hope that nobody was trying to brave the weather in the properties that were affected.
I just looked at it again, after comparing to google earth pix, and there were 16 units in 4 buildings, side by side. They are missing from today's picture.

I found that there are 2 houses missing from today's aerial photos that are on google map. They were oceanfront at the end of Antilles Dr, about 3-400 yards from my place.

I talked to my friends yesterday that live in Mexico Beach, they were safe, they evacuated to Jacksonville...
But they don't know when they get to return home to see if they have anything left....Just glad their safe...

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back