Hurd is a waste of a Down

Got sacked every time

Why? Would you please tell me why?

I'm going to let you answer the question. It's where our problem has been and will continue to be.

We didn't play the 68th rush defense in the nation tonight, folks. 700 yards of offense, and people thought we were amazing. No, their defense was garbage.

Reactions: 2 people
Kamara had nearly half as many carries as Hurd and still had just as many yards PLUS a TD..... I don't blame Hurd for the poor performance, I blame the guy telling Dobbs to give it to Hurd over and over and over to no avail. Yes, Debord called a good game last week but he was calling Kamara's name. Now Hurd is back and Debord forgot what he did last week. Debord made himself look like an idiot tonight.

Hurd is in the wrong offense and should be commended for just showing up every Saturday. He would be tearing it up in a offense like Bama's

Reactions: 2 people
Kamara had nearly half as many carries as Hurd and still had just as many yards PLUS a TD..... I don't blame Hurd for the poor performance, I blame the guy telling Dobbs to give it to Hurd over and over and over to no avail. Yes, Debord called a good game last week but he was calling Kamara's name. Now Hurd is back and Debord forgot what he did last week. Debord made himself look like an idiot tonight.

This. Want to blame someone, blame our OC, poor line play, and Mahoney

Reactions: 1 person
The problem isn't honestly with Hurd. He's still a solid back. But he's NEVER been nearly as good as people on here wanted to make out. Remember people saying he was better than Fournette and Chubb??? Come on man. I understand homerism, but come on.

Reactions: 5 people
Kamara Avg today was 2.6 yds/carry. Hurd was 2.2. You act like kamara went off today. Let's remember that Bama has the #1 rush defense in the nation

Last edited:
Kamara Aug today was 2.6 yds/carry. Hurd was 2.2. You act like kamara went off today. Let's remember that Bama has the #1 rush defense in the nation

So you're acknowledging Kamara had a better game but still putting up an argument? My point was that Kamara should've had more touches because Hurd wasn't getting it done. A lot of Hurd's failure involved the O line but that's besides the point. It's Debord's job to recognize that and adjust and he refused to do so. HURD UP THE MIDDLE!

Yea, I said it.

o-line my friend. don't act like an idiot. no where to run, no time to pass and when we did complete passes, they were all over the receivers. did you expect to actually win this game after the past 3 weeks and most of your starters injured.

Hurd is in the wrong offense. This offense is terrible for him. He needs a lead blocker with time to build up steam. In Bamas offense, Hurd woukd be a beast.

This offense is too complicated

Alabama beat the **** out of us in the trenches where it matters. Butch is going to have to get a new OL coach in Knoxville and start recruiting better on the OL

Reactions: 4 people
So you're acknowledging Kamara had a better game but still putting up an argument? My point was that Kamara should've had more touches because Hurd wasn't getting it done. A lot of Hurd's failure involved the O line but that's besides the point. It's Debord's job to recognize that and adjust and he refused to do so. HURD UP THE MIDDLE!

Less than a half a yard better I'd barely better. I agree that kamara should get more touches. I think they should have both guys in the backfield at the same time. You wanna make it sound like kamara was light years better than Hurd today and that's not the case.

Hurd is in the wrong offense. This offense is terrible for him. He needs a lead blocker with time to build up steam. In Bamas offense, Hurd woukd be a beast.

This offense is too complicated

Alabama beat the **** out of us in the trenches where it matters. Butch is going to have to get a new OL coach in Knoxville and start recruiting better on the OL

Complicated is not a word I would use to describe this offense.

Reactions: 5 people
A good coach designs his offense around his players. Debord continues to try to put a square peg in a round hole. Same thing with Dobbs. They try t9 make him a pocket Passer, when everyone knows that's not his strength

Hell he never has time to pass period

VN Store

Back