huge problem on this team

Did anyone else notice John Kelly didn't seem happy with O-line or play calling last few series. Seemed like he was really jawing towards the Oline. Seems way out of character for him if so.

Reactions: 2 people
Did anyone else notice John Kelly didn't seem happy with O-line or play calling last few series. Seemed like he was really jawing towards the Oline. Seems way out of character for him if so.

A vocal alpha leader getting in his teammates faces for playing lacadaisical? Did you play sports? Seems perfect.

Reactions: 1 person
A divided locker room was a big part of Fulmer's undoing. Most of the team wanted Rick Clausen, but Fulmer played Ainge.

and i think it goes deeper than just the staff.

these players on offense are not even trying to help JG. they dropping balls, not blocking, etc. the dormady family may have more input in the offensive side of this football team than we ever imagined.

Sorry, but this is just dumb and I suspect is some effort to turn Volnation into Black Lives Matter.

Sorry, but this is just dumb and I suspect is some effort to turn Volnation into Black Lives Matter.

Seems a bit of a stretch. I took the OP to mean Jones keeps playing a guy the team doesn't like because he's acted like a cry baby. Not sure why race was brought up.

Would you want to play for a coach that will put you at a disadvantage every time out there. Would you give your all for a coach that will throw you under the bus when he tries jamming your square peg into his round hole.

CBJ literally out thinks himself, he throws with the dual threat qb and then runs the read option with the pocket qb. He ran Hurd outside the tackles and then tried jamming kamara between the tackles. He constantly goes against the grain cause he thinks he's so smart that the other team won't see it coming. that constantly puts his players at a disadvantage by taking away their strengths and forcing them to expose their weaknesses and try to do their best. Then tops it off by blaming it on the players for not having execution and discipline.

Your last paragraph is priceless. Everything you said was spot on. I have scratched my head until my brains are coming out trying to figure his "system" out. He puts his players in unlikely positions thinking he will out-smart everyone and then....the player performs to his limited ability.

Would you want to play for a coach that will put you at a disadvantage every time out there. Would you give your all for a coach that will throw you under the bus when he tries jamming your square peg into his round hole.

CBJ literally out thinks himself, he throws with the dual threat qb and then runs the read option with the pocket qb. He ran Hurd outside the tackles and then tried jamming kamara between the tackles. He constantly goes against the grain cause he thinks he's so smart that the other team won't see it coming. that constantly puts his players at a disadvantage by taking away their strengths and forcing them to expose their weaknesses and try to do their best. Then tops it off by blaming it on the players for not having execution and discipline.

1000 likes

Once they bring those back I'll like every post I see from you just for this concise and spot on post.

Reactions: 1 person

Spot on.

I will describe this team through the eyes of 48 year fan. 1. Our fg kicker is a joke, please make a change. 2. Pick a damn QB and stick with them. 3. Stop playing Jumper almost 100% of snaps, give the young guys a chance. 4. Please get our play makers involved in the game (where is Latrel). 5. Not sure how we do this, but we are the softest team in the SEC, might have something to do with all these injuries. Players won't play if they have a hang nail. This is a Jones mindset.

Butch Jones gameplan each week: line up and pound the other team with shear stupid for 60 straight minutes. Utterly leave them shell shocked by how completely moronic the game plan is until they can barely even gameplan around just how retarded all your calls get. Then: you win some. You lose some. But no one can figure out what in the hell you actually were trying to do while watching tape.

and i think it goes deeper than just the staff.

these players on offense are not even trying to help JG. they dropping balls, not blocking, etc. the dormady family may have more input in the offensive side of this football team than we ever imagined.

No, it is the staff. The hard truth is that Jones is a Good mid major coach, and a very, very average (at best) SEC coach. We deserve better than this at Tennessee.

Players reading fan reactions on blogs and sinking into depths of no return. I expect no change against GA. Butch should be fired Oct 2.

Players reading fan reactions on blogs and sinking into depths of no return. I expect no change against GA. Butch should be fired Oct 2.

There is absolutely No way Butch.gets fired in the middle of season, no way.

The truth is Dormady is barely ready to play and JG is not ready at all. It is not that JG doesn't have the talent I think he has more than Dormady for this offense. The light hasn't come on for him he is to slow in making decisions and play development. Dormady is a little better but he really is no better than Worley and Worley may be the faster runner lol. This QB situation should never have happened the fact that neither one of these guys is very good is on the coaches.

VN Store

Back