Huckabee, Romney and Palin

James Garfield... it's been a while. Although I think Woodrow Wilson's father was also a minister.

If people (men and women) would take the time to truly understand this verse in the Bible, we would have much happier marriages and certainly fewer divorces. Too many people want to take it literally in that "women should be submissive" and that is incorrect. Based on surveys that have been taken, most men want "respect" from a relationship and women want "to be loved" in the relationship. Submission to the husband (not in ALL things) provides a level of respect, and the husband's worship of his wife (which is paraphrasing the rest of the verse) provides the love most women desire.

Excuses, excuses. He didn't sign something saying respect your spouse. Can't be spun that way.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Excuses, excuses. He didn't sign something saying respect your spouse. Can't be spun that way.Posted via VolNation Mobile

There is no spin... this is what the verse means. If anything, it's liberals who are spinning it trying to say republicans (or at least, religious republicans) think women should be submissive to men.

Irrelevant whether he is right. Point is he just alienated huge blocks of voters.

I disagree, if Obama's minister can "damn America" and get elected than Huckabee should be fine. I should know, I voted for Obama.

There is no spin... this is what the verse means. If anything, it's liberals who are spinning it trying to say republicans (or at least, religious republicans) think women should be submissive to men.

Yep - in fact it is the very definition of spin.

I disagree, if Obama's minister can "damn America" and get elected than Huckabee should be fine. I should know, I voted for Obama.

I appreciate the effort to turn it back on Obama (sigh, yet again), but the point is that women voters -- who comprise a significant majority of the swing voting block -- just aren't going to go for a Baptist preacher that has signed off on that statement.

You can interpret the passage from the Bible in any way you wish. You can parse the endorsement language to your heart's content. Bottom line is that women in groups other than conservative Christians will not be voting for him.

I appreciate the effort to turn it back on Obama (sigh, yet again), but the point is that women voters -- who comprise a significant majority of the swing voting block -- just aren't going to go for a Baptist preacher that has signed off on that statement.

You can interpret the passage from the Bible in any way you wish. You can parse the endorsement language to your heart's content. Bottom line is that women in groups other than conservative Christians will not be voting for him.

I was using myself as an example really. I am strongly against what Rev. Wright said but still voted for Obama because I thought he was the right guy for the job. I am saying that if Huckabee can present himself as the right person for the job than people will overlook those things a lot of times.

I'm not happy with how things are going with Obama but I don't bash the guy because I helped put him there with my vote. It would be a little hypocritical for me to start doing so now. All I can do is realize that some things aren't as they appear sometimes and make a better decision next time. That is what I am trying to do here.

You can interpret the passage from the Bible in any way you wish. You can parse the endorsement language to your heart's content. Bottom line is that women in groups of conservative Christians will be voting for him.

fyp... which may help get him the republican nomination.

fyp... which may help get him the republican nomination.

Honestly, neither Palin nor Huckabee scares me as the R nominee.

Well, let me amend that to say that neither I think could beat Obama. It would scare the crap out of me if somehow Palin did because I think her as POTUS would be an abject disaster for the world.

Well, let me amend that to say that neither I think could beat Obama. It would scare the crap out of me if somehow Palin did because I think her as POTUS would be an abject disaster for the world.

Especially on the heels of the current abject disaster of the world.

Irrelevant whether he is right. Point is he just alienated huge blocks of voters.

I'd say the Reverend Wright stuff alienated just as many if not more. If people hate the incumbent enough, that stuff won't really matter all that much.

I'd say the Reverend Wright stuff alienated just as many if not more. If people hate the incumbent enough, that stuff won't really matter all that much.

And you would sijmply be way wrong. The nutjob Rev hurt Obama, but Huckabee in his own words endorsing statements like that are far more likely to alienate large numbers of women because it was he who said it (or signed it).

And you would sijmply be way wrong. The nutjob Rev hurt Obama, but Huckabee in his own words endorsing statements like that are far more likely to alienate large numbers of women because it was he who said it (or signed it).

You act like that is the only time Obama said something stupid. There were dozens of quotes that seemed like they may sink him. His wife and running mate even got in on the act. No one is worried about Huckabee supporting a bill making women second class citizens just like Obama supporters weren't worried about him being a radical, freedom-hating, wealth-stealing Communist.

If Palin does not scare you. Why do you continue to trash her? The fact is she does.
She could not do any worse than the massive failure we currently have.

You act like that is the only time Obama said something stupid. There were dozens of quotes that seemed like they may sink him. His wife and running mate even got in on the act. No one is worried about Huckabee supporting a bill making women second class citizens just like Obama supporters weren't worried about him being a radical, freedom-hating, wealth-stealing Communist.

The wealth stealing bit is dead wrong. Ask GM creditors.

because of the marriage thing?

once again, people taking one verse and spining it out of context. There is also another verse that says that a man is to leave his mom and dad and cling to his wife.

now our buddy muhammad says this

Muhammad’s sayings about women:

1“A nation headed by a woman shall never succeed”,
2”The worst sin and distraction from virtue that I have left for man is woman”,
3“When I stood on the door of hell, I saw most of its inhabitants were women”,
4 “Women lack brain and religion”,
5 “If I have commanded kneeling for somebody, I would command a woman to kneel for her husband”,
6 “If a man summoned his wife for intercourse and she refused, the angels will curse her till the dawn”,
7 “If a man summoned his wife for intercourse, she has to respond even if she was above the furnace”.
“The husband has the right to have sex with his wife even if she is above the camel”
8“A woman shall not fast without the permission of her husband”

The real wild card in 2012 is a third party candidate. There will be one (or more) and I suspect they will pull a sizable number of votes (most ever possibly). The big question is which side do they pull more from? The early guess is the Rs.

The real wild card in 2012 is a third party candidate. There will be one (or more) and I suspect they will pull a sizable number of votes (most ever possibly). The big question is which side do they pull more from? The early guess is the Rs.

I hope not. There is not enough support for a 3rd party and maybe never will. I am not convinced the Republican Party is not much more than the lesser of the 2 evils. I could support a 3rd party candidate but I think that would be a vote thrown away. I think you are right if there was one they would pull from the Republicans

I hope not. There is not enough support for a 3rd party and maybe never will. I am not convinced the Republican Party is not much more than the lesser of the 2 evils. I could support a 3rd party candidate but I think that would be a vote thrown away. I think you are right if there was one they would pull from the Republicans
The first party to move away from entrenched politicos and begin espousing gov't accountability, term limits, smaller gov't, line item vetos, etc will have plenty of support.

The first party to move away from entrenched politicos and begin espousing gov't accountability, term limits, smaller gov't, line item vetos, etc will have plenty of support.

I would support that, but do you think there would be enough nationally for that candidate to win?

I agree with this and it is more likely to pull moderates and Rs than moderates and Ds so it will assure an Obama victory.

My guess is this is how things will shake out. Perhaps it will be enough to transform the R party back to fiscal and governmental conservatism and away from social conservatism.

James Garfield... it's been a while. Although I think Woodrow Wilson's father was also a minister.

]If people (men and women) would take the time to truly understand this verse in the Bible, we would have much happier marriages and certainly fewer divorces.

What verse are you referring to?

Too many people want to take it literally in that "women should be submissive" and that is incorrect. Based on surveys that have been taken, most men want "respect" from a relationship and women want "to be loved" in the relationship. Submission to the husband (not in ALL things) provides a level of respect, and the husband's worship of his wife (which is paraphrasing the rest of the verse) provides the love most women desire.

What a concept.
Take a survey as to what men and women want.
That has to be the best way to understand the bible.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back