Hong Kong Democratic Protests

So if we are intentionally destabilizing HK and China why did we ignore the freedom movement in Iran? We had a chance to destabilize them and passed completely by openly endorsing the existing Iranian leadership.

It appears to me, we did fund the uprising in private, even though the official position supported the Iranian gov. U.S. grants support to Iranian dissidents - USATODAY.com

FTR, this is an example of a good use of NGOs to destabilize a country IMO.

Yes, we are better at it because of our control of the media and propaganda. You're mistaken if this is a innocent game though. We don't spend money not to make money. It's about destabilizing and control.

This is a great scene from a movie. "You control the debt, you control everything"

Essence of Banking

Last edited:
Yes, we are better at it because of our control of the media and propaganda. You're mistaken if this is a innocent game though. We don't spend money not to make money. It's about destabilizing and control.

Exactly what the other countries want to do. my point is you are only attacking the US for universal (at least among the players) actions. And its a chicken and egg argument about if we started it or what.

You may be surprised to find out that Hong Kong leads the world in economic freedom (US is 17th). They rank number 3 on the world freedom index that is a composite of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, discrimination against homosexuals and women's rights (US was 7th).

To me, the right to vote from a selection of handpicked candidates is less important than these other indices. The people of Hong Kong already have tremendous freedoms and JMO, we shouldn't be funding uprisings in other countries (caveat: unless they're our enemies).

Not surprised at all. I know its good to be a Hong Konger (funny sounding to my ear), which is why there are protesters. The Chinese are going back on this issue of who they get to elect. It stands to reason if the Chinese gets there way on this they will start to try and take away the other freedoms and make Hong Kong just like the rest of China which would be a huge step back(communism at its finest). This isn't about overthrowing China, its about maintaining the freedoms Hong Kong has, which is a point i think Pacer has missed.

What was the point of the community service comment then? these people were only cleaning up because they had too? implying that the largely black community of 'protesters' wouldn't perform the actions seen in China comes across as racist. Then pointing out that there was a white guy in the picture to make it ok comes off as racism, or reverse racism if you believe in that nonsense. Similar to the belief that because we have a black president the US isn't racist anymore. 'My joke was ok because there was a white guy to make it not racist'.

Just goes to show if you reach far enough, you can make anything seem racist.

Reactions: 1 person
good on the students for getting it going again. interesting read on the ongoing polution problem. love the solution. we are just going to turn everything off for a week.

VN Store

Back